Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I’m cool as long as people join you and participate in the story. I don’t need to actually control them in battle.
I'd rather control them than not. If there's games where you have other characters assist you throughout the majority of the game that you can't control, I'd rather they be other real people. I wonder why so many party RPGs don't have multiplayer options at times. I loved Secret of Mana for having that option.
So roughly 20-25, will be getting either way so can’t front.
How you get 20-25 when they said 35 hours?:gucci: You figure they lying or something or you just super speed through games as fast as you can?

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I'd rather control them than not. If there's games where you have other characters assist you throughout the majority of the game that you can't control, I'd rather they be other real people. I wonder why so many party RPGs don't have multiplayer options at times. I loved Secret of Mana for having that option.

How you get 20-25 when they said 35 hours?:gucci: You figure they lying or something or you just super speed through games as fast as you can?
Usually when devs give a runtime a majority of the time it’s usually a few hours below what’s stated. So now when given a time I just scale down by 10. :manny: Like I said I am still getting the game and would be fronting if I said otherwise.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Usually when devs give a runtime a majority of the time it’s usually a few hours below what’s stated. So now when given a time I just scale down by 10. :manny: Like I said I am still getting the game and would be fronting if I said otherwise.

I kind of find this to be true sometimes also, but its usually for shorter games. Like if Capcom says Resident Evil is 15-20 hours, i know for a fact its gonna be 10-12.

This game, i can see it being around the length of a usual sony open world game, like horizon or tsushima which is around 30 hours

CDPR were pretty honest about Cyberpunk being 20 hours

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
FqJsSQkXgBI6cbX

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's funny reading this because when I saw gameplay for the first time earlier I though "this looks like Devil may Dogma"

This will probably be the first Final Fantasy I pass on since 7. So far it looks like a generic, shallow hack and slash. The game probably isn't made with my demographic in mind though so it's fine I suppose, we all grow out of everything at some point.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's funny reading this because when I saw gameplay for the first time earlier I though "this looks like Devil may Dogma"

This will probably be the first Final Fantasy I pass on since 7. So far it looks like a generic, shallow hack and slash. The game probably isn't made with my demographic in mind though so it's fine I suppose, we all grow out of everything at some point.

Final fantasy combat is always relatively shallow. I can’t think of many games in the series that require a high amount of strategy or skill

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Final fantasy combat is always relatively shallow. I can’t think of many games in the series that require a high amount of strategy or skill
I didn't mean in regard to gameplay with that comment. With that said my interest in my battles always came from class and character building and not from the actual fights themselves, trying different spell+stat combinations and stuff has always been fun, but all of that has gotten significantly worse since FF12 anyways so no big loss there.

I suppose I'll see how I feel about this game once more footage drops, preferably from an area that's NOT cast in darkness. The other thing that always pulled me into FF was the amazing and unique art direction, and so far this FF caters really hard to a boring, medieval look. I'm just hoping the towns look great at least.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I didn't mean in regard to gameplay with that comment. With that said my interest in my battles always came from class and character building and not from the actual fights themselves, trying different spell+stat combinations and stuff has always been fun, but all of that has gotten significantly worse since FF12 anyways so no big loss there.

I suppose I'll see how I feel about this game once more footage drops, preferably from an area that's NOT cast in darkness. The other thing that always pulled me into FF was the amazing and unique art direction, and so far this FF caters really hard to a boring, medieval look. I'm just hoping the town look great at least.

It’s all good if you’re not feeling it, i just never personally played final fantasy games really for its combat. I just grew accustom to the formula after years of turn based.

I think the only Final Fantasy where i actively loved the combat was XII