Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Unlike most of the other people working on FFXVI, Suzuki isn’t a Square Enix veteran. He only just joined the company after 20 years at Capcom, working on games like Dragon’s Dogma and (you guessed it) Devil May Cry 5. Suzuki told me he had to take a different approach to designing combat for a big RPG like Final Fantasy.

In [DMC5], you want to have battles that are stylish. That is the most important thing,” Suzuki said. “The most important thing for Final Fantasy XVI is that you need to make a system that is accessible to lots of different types of playing styles…that want to be more technical, stylish, and for players that, again, are not too into action.

And for action game veterans, the kinds of people who have a keen eye for infinite combo opportunities, I’ll just leave you with something Suzuki (who I will remind you worked on some of the best action games in recent memory) said.

I think what I’ve created in Final Fantasy XVI is the greatest action game that I’ve ever made,” Suzuki said.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
So you mean to tell me Gameplay wise this is effectively DMCV but with the Story/Graphics of a mainline FF?
DMCV is a classic outside of V.

a8ec7c60-eb01-4006-99b4-951c718e84a1_text.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
oh damn :leon:

scene played out like an HBO Original. We in ! :blessed:

Yeah the story is closer to FF12, Tactics, Vagrant Story, which are my preferred FF stories.

I never really liked the anime inspired stuff from Nomura, outside of FF7 and when he took over as creative director for the expanded universe i started to dislike it

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I rather this type of FF. It will feel different from FFXV with the removal of the open world in FFXV which to me was not really that great. I'd rather huge open cities with detail like multiple Altissias.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I rather this type of FF. It will feel different from FFXV with the removal of the open world in FFXV which to me was not really that great. I'd rather huge open cities with detail like multiple Altissias.
I'd still prefer the party focus for a mainline FF game, but everything else I'm pretty good with so far as the gameplay mechanics and such go.