Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Kind of crazy to hear a final fantasy game having a more difficult and comparable combat mode than DMC

That's not surprising, though, considering the game's combat director is Ryota Suzuki, a former Capcom developer with nearly 20 years of experience designing the action in games like Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Devil May Cry 4, and most recently, Devil May Cry 5.

"Once you get to that second playthrough, that's when we throw down the gauntlet and offer a challenge that is going to be above and beyond what you see in Devil May Cry V," Suzuki told me.

There will also be an arcade-style mode where players compete for high scores on leaderboards for different difficulty settings. And Suzuki said they're trying to push the skill ceiling even higher with what's called Ultimania mode. "To maintain an S rank throughout the Ultimania mode, we believe, it's more difficult than doing the same in Dante Must Die [the highest difficulty in Devil May Cry V],"

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It seems Sony is helping Square Enix with some development and optimization as well. People think these deals are just simply money hats still

FqHZ14yaIAEsGo4

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Soooo it’s a Final Fantasy DMC
I’m :flabbynsick:…..I hate the idea, but still hyped.