Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
You are not allowed to say anything bad about the game or they gone get their panties in a bunch even tho all of them hated FF15. :smh:
I never hated 15. Stated multiple times on here of the contrary. It's a good 8.25-8.5/10 in my book, which is only disappointing due to it being set up to be potentially an 11/10 if it did what it was doing correctly all the way through. Course, it never was going to live up to the Versus XIII hype that it started as. Rather amazing its final output considering its development hell.

Last edited:
Daps
Sqaure has yet to do a really good job with Action/rpg combat imo. It’s always been style over substance. I miss the strategy and challenge of the older turn based games.

Need to see what more the game has to offer.

They're trash. Bandai Namco (Tales), Tri-ace (Star Ocean), Istuno (DD) Sega (PSO/U) >>>> anything Square has ever done in terms of action RPG gameplay. Only decent effort they EVER managed was KH2 damn near 20 years ago now.... and that shyt was ONLY good at level 1, on the very hardest difficulty, against the optional superbosses... all of which never came to the West until the HD remasters a decade after it's initial release. :unimpressed:It's also barely an RPG in any capacity when it comes down to it (it is a Disney game for kids after all). :pachaha: TWEWY was also good... but that's a 2.5D game on the OG DS. And it was mainly developed by Jupiter, not Square being a handheld game. Them putting a bunch of random :flabbynsick: old heads from SaGa games on the team for this not boding well for changing that track record... :francis:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I never hated 15. Stated multiple times on here of the contrary. It's a good 8.25-8.5/10 in my book, which is only disappointing due to it being set up to be potentially an 11/10 if it did what it was doing correctly all the way through. Course, it never was going to live up to the Versus XIII hype that it started as. Rather amazing is final output considering its development hell.
I liked 15. :manny:

I Remember everybody shytting on it on here.

I like the setting of 6, i just hope it’s not light on the “RPG” side of things.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I never hated 15. Stated multiple times on here of the contrary. It's a good 8.25-8.5/10 in my book, which is only disappointing due to it being set up to be potentially an 11/10 if it did what it was doing correctly all the way through. Course, it never was going to live up to the Versus XIII hype that it started as. Rather amazing is final output considering its development hell.

Yeah I gave 15 an 8/10. Started out WAY too slow but the back half was damn good.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I just hope this game and Starfield don't come out within a month of each other or some shyt, that would be the hardest decision ever for me to make which one would have to get put on the backburner.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I just hope this game and Starfield don't come out within a month of each other or some shyt, that would be the hardest decision ever for me to make which one would have to get put on the backburner.

Its coming out in June with Starfield, Baldurs Gate 4, and Street Fighter 6