Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Then what are you complaining about there’s literally something for everyone out there if you can’t find your groove download some emulators

I’m not complaining about anything, im hype as hell.

I literally said on the last page, they make rpgs for everyone now. I don’t need FF to be turn based

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m not complaining about anything, im hype as hell.
Oh ok lmao my bad I’ve been seeing people complain about how this franchise changed and it’s no longer turn based but there’s so quality games like that I don’t see the problem :yeshrug:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Oh ok lmao my bad I’ve been seeing people complain about how this franchise changed and it’s no longer turn based but there’s so quality games like that I don’t see the problem :yeshrug:

Yeah, Asano games exist now so theres something for everyone. Octopath is next on my list

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Final Fantasy 16 will be released on PlayStation 5 on June 22, and with just a few months left until the action-focused role-playing game’s arrival, producer Naoki Yoshida feels confident about that date.

“I know Final Fantasy games can get delayed at the last minute,” Yoshida said in translated comments at a press event for Final Fantasy 16 held in New York earlier this month, but “unless a meteor falls on Japan, there will be no delay.”

While Yoshida didn’t outright name the other Final Fantasy games he was referring to, it was an oblique reference to the most recent major mainline entries in the series: Final Fantasy 15 and Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Back in 2016, Square Enix announced just six weeks before Final Fantasy 15’s intended launch, that it was delaying the game another two months. Game director Hajime Tabata apologized for the delay, which Square Enix chalked up to a need for polish. The situation with Final Fantasy 7 Remake was similar; in early 2020, Square Enix delayed the remake another seven weeks after committing to a release date.

Those delays are likely why Square Enix never offered a hard release date for Final Fantasy 16 for so long. The publisher finally locked down the game’s June release date in December at The Game Awards.

Locked and loaded, lemme go put my preorder in

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
“I know Final Fantasy games can get delayed at the last minute,” Yoshida said in translated comments at a press event for Final Fantasy 16 held in New York earlier this month, but “unless a meteor falls on Japan, there will be no delay.”
:whoa: aint they uncovering dragon balls out there? bro gotta be careful before he jinx us lol.

anyway, the combat looks 10/10. you can see the ffxiv influence in some of the mechanics. we just need to see the exploration. something about it doesnt feel as epic and world spanning but I'm sure they have it in the tuck.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:whoa: aint they uncovering dragon balls out there? bro gotta be careful before he jinx us lol.

anyway, the combat looks 10/10. you can see the ffxiv influence in some of the mechanics. we just need to see the exploration. something about it doesnt feel as epic and world spanning but I'm sure they have it in the tuck.

They said the exploration and side stuff will be shown in April. I assume they’re trying to pace themselves, still got 4 months left

Exploration

“In the past, I’ve mentioned that Final Fantasy XVI is not an open-world game, but what exactly does that mean?

“So to bring the players a wide variety of detailed environments in the highest quality possible, ultimately enhancing the game experience, we selected several areas that we wanted to focus on and created those in extreme detail. We have several large areas connected by a world map. These areas, while not what you’d call open world, are still quite expansive and offer lots of opportunities for exploration.”

Yoshida then played a second video, showcasing a variety of areas available for Clive to explore.

“What you saw here, these are not from cutscenes, these are actual areas that Clive and players will be able to explore. And while not a fully open-world game, we do have many, many of these areas that are available for exploration. So those of you who are worried about the limits of the world, you can rest easy.”

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I can distinctly remember when EA decided Dead Space needed to be more action based and not survivor horror based. When Capcom decided Resident Evil a and then 6 should go heavier and heavier into action.

Final Fantasy didn't get into the position it's in today because it was turned based. That's never been the problem. All the fan complaints about the last few games were other things. Particularly the characters and story and in XIII the lack of exploration. The solution to this was to take a wrecking ball to everything and come back talking about being inspired by appealing to Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto fans?

Final Fantasy became the series it is all while having turned based combat. Instead of them challenging themselves to evolve that combat they decide to abandon it. Really wish these companies would stop deciding whole gaming types are unmarketable and dumbing their products down to generic popular amalgamations of already existing successful products. It's like when companies decided everything needed to be open world. When they decided everything needs a live service type model.

Devil May Cry, God of War, and Bayonetta already exist. We don't need Final Fantasy to chase that. Some fans grew up with this series and loved it and their reward is being told what they loved is no longer acceptable and should be abandoned because execs see CoD and GTA sell so much and wanna chase that audience.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

From Gematsu on side content

damn-png.4890

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can distinctly remember when EA decided Dead Space needed to be more action based and not survivor horror based. When Capcom decided Resident Evil a and then 6 should go heavier and heavier into action.

Final Fantasy didn't get into the position it's in today because it was turned based. That's never been the problem. All the fan complaints about the last few games were other things. Particularly the characters and story and in XIII the lack of exploration. The solution to this was to take a wrecking ball to everything and come back talking about being inspired by appealing to Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto fans?

Final Fantasy became the series it is all while having turned based combat. Instead of them challenging themselves to evolve that combat they decide to abandon it. Really wish these companies would stop deciding whole gaming types are unmarketable and dumbing their products down to generic popular amalgamations of already existing successful products. It's like when companies decided everything needed to be open world. When they decided everything needs a live service type model.

Devil May Cry, God of War, and Bayonetta already exist. We don't need Final Fantasy to chase that. Some fans grew up with this series and loved it and their reward is being told what they loved is no longer acceptable and should be abandoned because execs see CoD and GTA sell so much and wanna chase that audience.
And I could careless and this is coming from a gamer who played the very first FF way back in 91. Franchises change if fans hate the direction play something else. In the case of RE part 4 made it very action heavy and the writing was on the wall for how that particular series was heading lol

And again there’s PLENTY of other turn based games out there I could give 2 fukks FF isn’t like that anymore and guess what there’s literally millions of other people who feel the same