Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

E54-E4-EDD-B523-4-D9-A-8-A25-BCA768-BF0774.jpg

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I guess I was wrong they have showed all the dominants (EIKON carriers)
  • Ifrit - Clive
  • Phoenix - Joshua
  • Garuda - Benedikkta
  • Shiva- Jill
  • Ramuh- - Cid
  • Odin - Barnabus
  • Bahamut - Dion
  • Titan - Hugo
Only 8 summons. :bryan:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Previews starting to drop, it looks like the “easy mode” in this game is through accessories. You can equip certain stuff that give you slowdown animations and QTE, which is pretty creative.

This press trial is mainly to experience the game's battle system and dungeon gameplay. The reporter's impression is that Final Fantasy XVI absorbs all the successful action/action RPGs in recent years, extracts the fun parts from them, and reinterprets them with Final Fantasy's style and aesthetics.

Officials said they expect to further release the game's world-related content and wilderness area gameplay in April, and also forecast that you can ride land birds in the game; I believe the game has more content that players should look forward to, pending further official disclosure.

I'm sure everyone is curious about how Final Fantasy XVI FF16 actually plays, long story short: FF16 is a real-time action RPG that feels between God of War and Devil May Cry and Neir Automata.

4-qGJES8JUy5NUA3T5zRQP1sbMnzV2KpGGsbmhhrG5o

kCcs9k88Rmv1djJy57E8Jb1SX9csC84WvmZN8r5mTfI

And theres limit breaks :whoo:

2ZpGKhvaxEahuBnlLciayINzfS-ny4K0vxwE778cBO8

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Whisper it, but Square Enix may have an absolute zinger on its hands. There will be some long-time fans who will likely take issue with Final Fantasy XVI'sbroadly action-oriented approach, but after approximately an hour of play during a recent preview event, we walked away with our jaw on the floor. If this extraordinarily high budget adventure can stick its landing, then it'll be a Game of the Year contender for sure.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
FF as a RPG series might be dead. I'm not completely happy about it, but I am excited for this still in spite of that.

Just gotta hope they stay dropping Dragon Quest games to fill that gap.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
FF as a RPG series might be dead. I'm not completely happy about it, but I am excited for this still in spite of that.

Just gotta hope they stay dropping Dragon Quest games to fill that gap.
Dead? It looks like it still has stats levels and classes so it is def an rpg. You must mean turn based:patrice: those are very much alive and well

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

However, if you remember from the presentation, we talked about Cid, and Cid has this organization. Their headquarters is this place called the Hideaway. And once Clive meets up with Cid and is able to join that organization, then you have this kind of hub from where all this side content that’s separate from the main story starts. And so we have things like quests where you can learn about the people in the Hideaway, or quests where you can learn about the people in the world… quests where you can help upgrade Clive, like earning more inventory slots and things like that. There are other type of activities as well, such as the Hunt Board, where you will see the billets. It’ll talk about a notorious monster roaming the land, and your task is to try to find and defeat this monster for fame.

From Gematsu on side content