Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The world is called Valisthea.

In the world the most powerful creatures are known as Eikons (these are the powerful summons basically) and the people who posses the power to wield one are known as dominants. Think of them like Naruto having the 9 tailed demon fox inside of him, and you'll pretty much have a damn good idea of where they're probably taking this stuff. There may even be a crazy ass ritual to forcefully remove one from a dominant, which probably kills them.

The game has 6 different realms.

The Grand Duchy of Rosaria
The Holy Empire of Sanbreque
The Dhalmekian Republic
The Iron Kingdom
The Crystalline Dominion
The Kingdom of Waloed

THE WORLD | FINAL FANTASY XVI | SQUARE ENIX

q6YzA5m.png

eyi4CXt.png

4mjBhc7.png

rNBjosk.png

buN6Qwh.png

Auzd5fP.png

MznqqYT.png

0oN0eeV.png

C73JtNH.png

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Final Fantasy 7 remake abandoned turn based combat and it’s been the most praised game they’ve released outside of 14. 13 was turn based and everyone hated it.

The battle system has nothing to do with it. In fact the biggest problems with XV wasn’t the battle system it was almost everything else
FF7 remake is still turn based.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Eh. I would call it a hybrid between action and turn based. SMT & DQ are what I consider to be turn based and remake is significantly different.
The only difference between remake and those two is you have to manually enter the attack command. Most people didn't understand remakes combat system at first because they think it is action when it is not.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
The only difference between remake and those two is you have to manually enter the attack command. Most people didn't understand remakes combat system at first because they think it is action when it is not.
It looks like action. But it doesn't have the fundamental properties of an ARPG. Meaning that playing optimally will have you trading hits more than trying to dodge. Also mashing on any difficulty will get you nowhere. So it is more turn-based than action. Since those concepts of combat are what you need to fundamentally understand.

Still, it is ATB ( Attack Turned Based) by definition. I have a strict definition of turn-based it being that one character on the field takes an action at one time. Remake is a variation of that. Don't get me wrong as the game progressed I become more and more a fan of the combat. But there is a lot they can improve on in Part 2, especially in terms of AI.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
This shyt looks awesome Square Enix is gonna be on a serious run with this, FF7 Rebirth, and Kingdom Hearts 4