Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
I’m not excited for this one at all. Ff14 is way to safe and play by the numbers. As an ex ff14 player I expect 16 to be very generic.

Fromsoftware is the new SE. they are pushing the genre to where it should be going. Action-rpgs. Turnbased battles are a relic of the past

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m not excited for this one at all. Ff14 is way to safe and play by the numbers. As an ex ff14 player I expect 16 to be very generic.

Fromsoftware is the new SE. they are pushing the genre to where it should be going. Action-rpgs. Turnbased battles are a relic of the past

Its a good thing this ain’t turn based then lol

You got people crying about this game not being final fantasy enough (no party members, no airships and other FF staples, DMC combat, an actual adult pov character, etc) and now you saying its playing it too safe?

Remember yoshi-p is just the producer on this not the director.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

this isn't turned based though and ff hasn't been turn based since like 13 :dwillhuh:

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Its a good thing this ain’t turn based then lol

You got people crying about this game not being final fantasy enough (no party members, no airships and other FF staples, DMC combat, an actual adult pov character, etc) and now you saying its playing it too safe?

Remember yoshi-p is just the producer on this not the director.

Yoshi p saved the ffxiv but it’s a very generic themepark rpg. There is no real difference in the job system outside of roles. He has kept up the same formula for years; every expansion is the same. 4 man dungeons and 8 man raids. I could go on but I don’t think anything in this game will be groundbreaking… elden ring has set the bar too high

this isn't turned based though and ff hasn't been turn based since like 13 :dwillhuh:

It’s a mix. Final fantasy still isn’t 100% action based like souls games

Tbh I’m just not excited bc elden ring is too good. I don’t want anything SE makes anymore

I’d rather they give the franchise to fromsoftware. Elden ring world/gameplay with ff lore magic and weapons would be :noah:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yoshi p saved the ffxiv but it’s a very generic themepark rpg. There is no real difference in the job system outside of roles. He has kept up the same formula for years; every expansion is the same. 4 man dungeons and 8 man raids. I could go on but I don’t think anything in this game will be groundbreaking… elden ring has set the bar too high

It’s a mix. Final fantasy still isn’t 100% action based like souls games

Tbh I’m just not excited bc elden ring is too good. I don’t want anything SE makes anymore

I’d rather they give the franchise to fromsoftware. Elden ring world/gameplay with ff lore magic and weapons would be :noah:

Idk breh this looks pretty damn action heavy :patrice:

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland

you referencing from software to pushing the action genre forward speaks volumes...

their combat is good and enjoyable but it's far from "pushing the genre forward" status