Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This might be final fantasy classic we've all been waiting for. After XIII and XV disappointed I'm glad they are going back to series roots

No doubt in my mind this is going to be the comeback year for FF franchise as a whole. They’re already halfway there with FF7Remake and FFXIV they just gotta let this next mainline game hit and we’re back to it

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This game definitely got the old feeling back. The hype is something we haven't seen in a long time, maybe going back to the PS2/SNES/PS1 games.

Forspoken
Octopath Traveler II
Final Fantasy XVI

Square Enix going into Squaresoft mode.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This game definitely got the old feeling back. The hype is something we haven't seen in a long time, maybe going back to the PS2/SNES/PS1 games.

Forspoken
Octopath Traveler II
Final Fantasy XVI

They activated, selling off that western branch gave them energy

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
PS showcase in October?

Last two trailers were shown during a showcase so it seems likely. There aren’t any other planned gaming shows until TGA’s and square enix probably isn’t gonna do one in october, they havent done one all year actually.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Forspoken
Octopath Traveler II
Final Fantasy XVI

After XIII and XV I have zero hype for this game. Even VII Remake was ok to me and I've still not finished that game years after release.

I want a game like IX I'd even accept one like X. Unfortunately that's dead. They've moved these games so far from what this series used to be that they're unrecognizable.

Modern Square Enix doesn't think turn based strategy can be viable in a mainstream commercially successful JRPG. Peraona 5 disagrees. Square keeps trying to make JRPGs for people that don't like traditional JRPGs. It's kinda like how Capcom decided Resident Evil should be action games instead of survival horror around Resident Evil 5 and 6.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
After XIII and XV I have zero hype for this game. Even VII Remake was ok to me and I've still not finished that game years after release.

I want a game like IX I'd even accept one like X. Unfortunately that's dead. They've moved these games so far from what this series used to be that they're unrecognizable.

Modern Square Enix doesn't think turn based strategy can be viable in a mainstream commercially successful JRPG. Peraona 5 disagrees. Square keeps trying to make JRPGs for people that don't like traditional JRPGs. It's kinda like how Capcom decided Resident Evil should be action games instead of survival horror around Resident Evil 5 and 6.

How many times are you gonna say this? If you don’t want to play the game, don’t.

They aren’t making the biggest JRPG of all time specifically for WINB83 they actually want to sell games

DripSzn

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York

And yet most people that played FF7 Remake and XIV enjoyed them :skip:

I find it funny when people complain about Final Fantasy being different from what it use to be...

NEWSFLASH; A Final Fantasy game has always prided itself on being different from the previous title in some way.

It's fine if you don't like it, but it ain't their responsibility to cater to you.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
And yet most people that played FF7 Remake and XIV enjoyed them :skip:

I find it funny when people complain about Final Fantasy being different from what it use to be...

NEWSFLASH; A Final Fantasy game has always prided itself on being different from the previous title in some way.

It's fine if you don't like it, but it ain't their responsibility to cater to you.

Right, you want to play the old final fantasy games, its called octopath traveler and octopath traveler 2, knock yourself out. :heh:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Everything I have heard about this game I have loved. I love that they emphasis story as well as action. Hopefully a fine balance between the two will make this a classic.