Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This game is a solid 8/10 final fantasy game. FF6, FF12, and Tactics were my favourite FF games before this. Obviously I loved FFX and FF7 too. FF14 is goated too, and probably the best FF game but it's multiplayer so I listed it separately.

I just finished Bahamut, and the biggest problem this game has is it can't figure out whether it wants to commit be an action game or a MMORPG.

The side missions and combat are extremely shallow. There's no reason why we can't have elemental damage mechanics or status ailments. I knew this game was fried when I played the demo and got hit by bad breath by the morborl and nothing happened to me. The game literally feels like an on rails tech demo with how it takes control away from you all the time in set pieces. Every battle can easily be cheesed with the x+square attack and burning sword.

This game isn't a FF game at all. It's definitely FF influenced or FF inspired, but the reality is this is a shallow action game with FF themes. Without the story and high production values, there's very little to come back to. The only reason this game is good is because it's heavily inspired by FF14, but that's also why it's bad with the terrible pacing and shytty side missions.

This is a FF style Sony movie game, except actual Sony movie games like GOWR, HFW, GoT, etc allow you to have customized builds that allow for replay value. This game is so stupid that it has a pointless crafting system for a single BIS equipment at a time. You could have removed all the gameplay elements of this game and it would've been better suited as a movie.

Disagree with most of this (though I agree this should have elemental damage mechanics or status ailments)

Why the fukk does this game wanna be a full action game and then the next minute I'm walking from standing NPC to standing NPC to watch two separate cut scenes that could've just been one cut scene

But I completely agree with this, it’s literally just time wasting/padding

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Shut yo lame ass up. You always in a thread crying. Jumping off the porch on the internet like Yo ain't a hoe in real life.
Always in a thread crying? Once again, you got me fukked up for some one else. And it took you like a week n change to reply back with this erroneous, weak shyt? The fukk you even bother for. Get all the way the fukk outta here you moron.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Disagree with most of this

Why the fukk does this game wanna be a full action game and then the next minute I'm walking from standing NPC to standing NPC to watch two separate cut scenes that could've just been one cut scene

But completely agree with this, it’s literally just time wasting/padding

I hate this in every game, Yakuza is king of this.:dead:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I swear every time a Final Fantasy game comes out, people come out the woodwork to explain why it isn't a real "Final Fantasy" game :mjlol:

Its part of the cycle at this point :pachaha:

It ain’t a real final fantasy if people ain’t complaining about it not being a real final fantasy

[Something Cool]

Not a Well-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
exorbitant legal fees
They need to slap an epilepsy warning on those last boss fights lol. Great ending. New game+ let’s get it.

Also, best soundtrack this year? H-Fi rush a close second since the mechanics made you bop to it the whole game, but this shyt right here? Dope.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
whew….I wouldn’t say this is a perfect game by any means but it is BY FAR my favorite final fantasy since 12 and may enter my top 3, this restored my faith in the series and i hope CBU3 does XVII and gives us a huge witcher type expansion for this game.

Yoshi-P did it.

giphy.gif

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
whew….I wouldn’t say this is a perfect game by any means but it is BY FAR my favorite final fantasy since 12 and may enter my top 3, this restored my faith in the series and i hope CBU3 does XVII and gives us a huge witcher type expansion for this game.

Yoshi-P did it.

giphy.gif
Your final rating please Brother Duck

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Not that far in but this ain't rpg game..I know u Sony d riders can't stomach any critique for ur belove exclusives but this ain't an rpg..a GREAT action game but not a GREAT FF game so far...u can't lack the basic rpg elements and still wanna categorize ur self as an rpg