Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB
No, no I can't. because I understand words have meaning.

Some women IRL (I know thats kind of foreign to some people ) will hold you down just like Jill boring ass did in this and be happy to be the and 1 to your ill shyt. so its not even some fantastical shyt here.

I don't see how that is hatred, contempt, disdain etc of women. It just comes off as try hard liberal bullshyt (and I'm pretty far left as is so thats saying something). Could she have been written to do more? possibly? Did she do nothing? absolutely not.
What the fukk is breh talking about lmao, Jill is a thorough, well written woman. She just acts like an adult :manny:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
What the fukk is breh talking about lmao, Jill is a thorough, well written woman. She just acts like an adult :manny:

Exactly :dead:

nikka listed Tifa like her most notable quality wasnt her aesthetic design.

Jill a boring ass bih but she a soldier and if u fighting world ending ass psychopaths wouldnt mind her in my corner in the cut :hubie:

Outside of the villians everyone else is pretty grounded anyway. Even Clive isnt that animated most of the time

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

They want her to act like 11 year old japanese school girl like Tifa and Aerith

fetchimage

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
No, no I can't. because I understand words have meaning.

Some women IRL (I know thats kind of foreign to some people ) will hold you down just like Jill boring ass did in this and be happy to be the and 1 to your ill shyt. so its not even some fantastical shyt here.

I don't see how that is hatred, contempt, disdain etc of women. It just comes off as try hard liberal bullshyt (and I'm pretty far left as is so thats saying something). Could she have been written to do more? possibly? Did she do nothing? absolutely not.

This is 100% true actually. I done met and a had a few. :banderas:

I do think Jill is boring but there's nothing wrong with her nor do I think the game is misogynistic about her role in the game. I do think if they ever followed this up with a spinoff or something then they should expand on her background tho.

She's kind of like Liara in ME1 in this, where everyone kind of liked her but she wasn't remarkable. It wasn't until the later games where they fleshed her out. They could do that here if they like. I ain't done with the game tho so idk her fate tho. :whoa:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That Bahamut fight....what the fukk was that. I can't even fathom the spectacle of what I witnessed. What a fantastic moment in gaming. I got to respect it. Having said that, the scene with the mother could of been so much better....the motive behind her behavior could of been so much better. Man this game has so many opportunities to be one of the goat RPG stories but it can't get out of its own way. So many of the failings feel like typical jrpg tropes that need to be shoehorned in for reasons. Ultimas entire existence in the game is a fukking trope...like why?[\spoiler]

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
his moves are kind of weak sauce. Like the Zantetsuken meter is a cool idea but i feel like it takes so long to build it and im losing out on using my other Eikons. Doesn’t feel like the damage pay off is worth it cause the regular skills and moves are so weak and they don’t mix well with any other movies. Right now for my shiva, titan, Garuda and the Phoenix abilities are best.

As far as super moves go I think Judgement bolt is the one I like the most

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished a certain boss fight (with music that completely caught me off guard in a good way btw:dj2:) and it finally hit me:

This game is the game that I wanted Asura’s Wrath to be all those years ago.:wow:
The cinematic clashes are a straight Asuras Wrath bite.