Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
I’m enjoying this a lot. About 15 hours in now. But it just feels like something is missing. I think this game could’ve used some dope mini games or a card game. Fort Condor from intergrade or Gwent from Witcher, something in that realm.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
I’m enjoying this a lot. About 15 hours in now. But it just feels like something is missing. I think this game could’ve used some dope mini games or a card game. Fort Condor from intergrade or Gwent from Witcher, something in that realm.

I think the devs said they chose to avoid that because they didn't think it would make sense for Clive to be playing cards or going fishing and shyt when he has everything else going on. But I think that's some bullshyt - they have you buying and finding songs for a fukking jukebox, so they could have budged on that :russ:

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
I see it sold 3 million WW a few days after launch. Not the disaster some were expecting but still down from FFXV/FFV7R.

True, but XV also had it being released on Xbox, and 7R is a highly anticipated remake (which was released on PS4 first, when everyone's had one for a long while). Taking those factors into account, given it's a PS5 exclusive, I'd say XVI is doing really well. :ehh:

I think the devs said they chose to avoid that because they didn't think it would make sense for Clive to be playing cards or going fishing and shyt when he has everything else going on. But I think that's some bullshyt - they have you buying and finding songs for a fukking jukebox, so they could have budged on that :russ:

I think they in particular referenced how Noctis would essentially be on the run after his whole kingdom was invaded and destroyed, and in the middle of that, he'd be out here fishing and playing arcade games at the local gas station. :mjlol: But I mean that's Final Fantasy, you had Squall going around playing card games and FF7's Golden Saucer needs no explanation (or even just the Wall Market for 7R). Blitzball in FFX is a massive part of the story. And you know, not for nothing, Clive isn't so serious where he doesn't have any time to take a breather. When he's at the Hideaway and doing side quests, he absolutely seems like a guy who'd play some cards to unwind, so they absolutely could've added something. It's part of the charm, it's goofy, but it works.

The team does sound like they have a roadmap planned for updates and whatnot moving forward, so who knows, it might be something they toss in later on. Unless there already is something there and I haven't unlocked it yet.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
True, but XV also had it being released on Xbox, and 7R is a highly anticipated remake (which was released on PS4 first, when everyone's had one for a long while). Taking those factors into account, given it's a PS5 exclusive, I'd say XVI is doing really well. :ehh:

Not really, XV sold a lot more than FFXVI on PS consoles only. 'Really well' is too strong - it did decent.