Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yeah, you have a cac in one of the side missions, said he doesn't want anybody to label/call him a "Bearer Lover" :mjpls:

Bruh, that's the EXACT scene I was like :huhldup:

shyt was definitely a blessing in disguise cause oh boy.....twitter and social media woulda had a fukkin field day. :merchant:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
you're gonna call him a Bearer with the hard r while he's got a big ass sword, a wolf and a no nonsense demeanor? :what:

laughing-hysterically-fell-off-chair-5orhr8sjx7s3hhz8.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
it's got FF7R sidequest syndrome but it hits the important shyt really well. Combat, story, characters all work for me

I think the latter half of the sidequest in this game are waaaay better than FF7R. Not quite Witcher 3 status, but i honestly can’t remember one sidequest in FF7 that doesn’t have to do with cats. I vaguely remember something about killing a ghost in sector 7.

I have a few really good stand out sidequest from this game so far that were impactful, and expanded the world, a character, or Clive himself.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I think the latter half of the sidequest in this game are waaaay better than FF7R. Not quite Witcher 3 status, but i honestly can’t remember one sidequest in FF7 that doesn’t have to do with cats. I vaguely remember something about killing a ghost in sector 7.

I have a few really good stand out sidequest from this game so far that were impactful, and expanded the world, a character, or Clive himself.
I think the best side quest is when you went underground to fight the behemoth.

Remake is the GOAT. I’m so happy they made it.

:mjcry: :mjcry:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think the best side quest is when you went underground to fight the behemoth.

Remake is the GOAT. I’m so happy they made it.

:mjcry: :mjcry:

I wasn’t really that fond of it but it takes place in my least favorite part of 7 and adds a lot of unnecessary bloat to it that doesn’t expand upon the mythos or let us really know more about midgar at all. When i first heard about Remake i thought we were gonna get to freely travel all over Midgar and really see what the upper plates was like and all types of stuff.

I’m really looking forward to Rebirth cause thats when FF7 really took off for me. When you get to start seeing the rest of the world

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wasn’t really that fond of it but it takes place in my least favorite part of 7 and adds a lot of unnecessary bloat to it that doesn’t expand upon the mythos or let us really know more about midgar at all. When i first heard about Remake i thought we were gonna get to freely travel all over Midgar and really see what the upper plates was like and all types of stuff.

I’m really looking forward to Rebirth cause thats when FF7 really took off for me. When you get to start seeing the rest of the world
When you get to the three reeds area in the game, that area outside felt like what we saw in the Rebirth chapter. My only gripe with this game is on a technical level. There's an ever so slight blur that is annoyingly smeared on the image. It just makes the IQ worse. FFVII Remake Integrade honestly looked almost pristine on quality mode.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
When you get to the three reeds area in the game, that area outside felt like what we saw in the Rebirth chapter. My only gripe with this game is on a technical level. There's an ever so slight blur that is annoyingly smeared on the image. It just makes the IQ worse. FFVII Remake Integrade honestly looked almost pristine on quality mode.

Well the original on ps4 was choppy as fukk, low res backgrounds, unloaded textures, etc. it was Intergrade that really cleaned the game up.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm about to fight the last Eikon pretty soon and the game is bombarding me with side quest. The main plot of this really does turn into a shonen anime. It's also of the type where the main character is unrealistically important in comparison to the rest of the cast.

Adult Clive is a pretty solid character. I'd go as far as to say he's the best main character in the series which is a far cry from how I felt about teen Clive and young adult Clive.

On the other hand the primary antagonist in this is really low quality and derails the main story into something very generic. It's getting to the point where some of the plotlines of the side quest are more impactful than the main story minus the kaiju fights. Some of the side quest get pretty emotional and Clive as a character gets to shine in them. That's unfortunate because in the beginning the side quest are so bad people might be put off and not get to experience the better character moments in the game.

Yeah the big bad was trash the moment he first appeared.

Flexington

All Star
Daps
I just got my third Eikon power (not counting
Ifrit

:mjcry:

I am enjoying and taking my time (in part due to my OLED being in a sunny ass room).

I do feel like the pacing has issues at times, some developments escalate a bit too quickly or I feel like they're trying to build context around the relationship of some characters but don't do it well enough to make it feel "believable"...but that's also kinda on par with other Final Fantasy stories. But now it feels like the training wheels are off.

Is the big bad Ultima? If so, he's kinda just popped up out of nowhere and I have a feeling he's going to be this existential threat with a weak cause that undermines the drama and tension of these nation battles...which is again normal for JRPGs where you start of fighting rabbits and end the game fighting the creator of all beings that's corrupted somehow

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
I feel like this is finna be built upon for the next FF MMO after 14.
This could be goated with a monk job :banderas: