Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea kinda guessed who the hooded man was from the get go. Interesting to see where they take this tho :ehh:
Was that Joshua? I feel like that looked like Joshua.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The spectacle in this game is great

Yeah... the writing around this shyt is pretty surface level too
People who don't know shyt about racism, usually come up will a bs unrealistic solutions , like "i don't see color" to racism in the end anyway.
Instead of people learning to accept bearers, repenting for that horrible treatment and treating them equally as a result, they just have them remove their bearer mark or isolate or something to the effect that essentially enables them to escape from discrimination by changing themselves rather than defeating it by forcing the racists to change. solutions that wouldn't mean shyt for black person dealing with racism, unless you expect us all to lighten our skin, and change our noses. Very surface level so far.
I imagine in the end by destroying all the crystals the people will have to accept bearers in order to survive.
but i figure this plot is exactly why they were scared to put black people in the game. :pachaha:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bro my brother downloaded the demo(he doesn't play JRPGS and doesn't like turn based games and only was interested seeing me playing it).

I go later to see him playing it and this nikka literally has the TV volume barely audible with his ipad playing some music in the background. He asks me "I gotta watch the cutscenes?"

I'm looking at this nikka like :dahell: type of question is that?

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Square gave us some Godzilla vs Kong Kaiju battles :russ:

Sure the game could be paced better and it's got FF7R sidequest syndrome but it hits the important shyt really well. Combat, story, characters all work for me.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm about to fight the last Eikon pretty soon and the game is bombarding me with side quest. The main plot of this really does turn into a shonen anime. It's also of the type where the main character is unrealistically important in comparison to the rest of the cast.

Adult Clive is a pretty solid character. I'd go as far as to say he's the best main character in the series which is a far cry from how I felt about teen Clive and young adult Clive.

On the other hand the primary antagonist in this is really low quality and derails the main story into something very generic. It's getting to the point where some of the plotlines of the side quest are more impactful than the main story minus the kaiju fights. Some of the side quest get pretty emotional and Clive as a character gets to shine in them. That's unfortunate because in the beginning the side quest are so bad people might be put off and not get to experience the better character moments in the game.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I’m saying the same thing. It fukks up the flow heavy.

I just leave Torgal off until the enemy is staggered because when I think I’m fighting with him, I’m actually using all my potions without realizing it or vice versa.
Over here thinking I'm doing great, health bar bright green at nearly 100% only to look over and see all my potions gone :snoop:

Looking at Torgal like "That means you ain't been listening to a single thing I've been sayin this whole boss fight??" :stopitslime:

Then getting hit and watching that health bar drop knowing I got no potions left :mjtf:

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I got this game as a solid 8/10. Not quite goty material as it was being hyped out to be, but still fun. low key still liked hogwarts better but that game obviously isn't getting any goty votes because politics

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I got this game as a solid 8/10. Not quite goty material as it was being hyped out to be, but still fun. low key still liked hogwarts better but that game obviously isn't getting any goty votes because politics
I got this as GOTY material along with TOTK. Spidey 2 and Super Mario Wonder are my next GOTY candidates from what I've seen.