Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Think its funny peopel say Clive doesn’t look like an FF character when to me, he kind of just looks like 30 year old Noctis with cooler armor
I think going the more mature route with the character designs was one of the best decisions square could have made, and the story fits it.

Too bad that this will probably be the last time they do this for awhile since japan will do their typical bytching and moaning about this not being HS aged and a coming of age story.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think going the more mature route with the character designs was one of the best decisions square could have made, and the story fits it.

Too bad that this will probably be the last time they do this for awhile since japan will do their typical bytching and moaning about this not being HS aged and a coming of age story.

Not smooth faced enough, unfortunately, chest too wide :dame:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

man fukk dem nikkaz

we off :sitdown: fantasy

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Game takes sooooooo long to open up but I think I finally hit that point like 12 to 13 hours in here

Yeah, but it didn't start slow which was a BIG improvement over 15.

But this joint, as much as I liked the second half of 15, embarrasses that game.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Yeah, but it didn't start slow which was a BIG improvement over 15.

But this joint, as much as I liked the second half of 15, embarrasses that game.
Seems like a tale of 2 philosophies.

15, while incomplete, seemed to try to offer as much freedom as possible, but because of that it lacked focus and standout cinematic moments. I hated the game btw.

16 seems to try to deliver on as many standout cinematic moments as possible but limited the freedom to pull it off.

I'm not far enough to see how free 16 gets, I think it does what it needs to, it just does them too slowly. They should give you your first open area like at the 3 to 4 hour mark and then by the time you hit hour 6 or 7 you should get the vast majority of your gameplay mechanics.

This game makes you waits 8 hours til the first open area and 12/13 hours for the game mechanics. Most people who aren't real fans of FF will have dropped the game by then IMHO.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Seems like a tale of 2 philosophies.

15, while incomplete, seemed to try to offer as much freedom as possible, but because of that it lacked focus and standout cinematic moments. I hated the game btw.

16 seems to try to deliver on as many standout cinematic moments as possible but limited the freedom to pull it off.

I'm not far enough to see how free 16 gets, I think it does what it needs to, it just does them too slowly. They should give you your first open area like at the 3 to 4 hour mark and then by the time you hit hour 6 or 7 you should get the vast majority of your gameplay mechanics.

This game makes you waits 8 hours til the first open area and 12/13 hours for the game mechanics. Most people who aren't real fans of FF will have dropped the game by then IMHO.

When they said this game was a roller coaster they really meant it. Extreme highs and extreme lows throughout. I’d say the lows are less extreme the more the game goes on though

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Think its funny peopel say Clive doesn’t look like an FF character when to me, he kind of just looks like 30 year old Noctis with cooler armor

These fakkits loves a teenage fakkit Noctis. I'm so glad we get the adult mature main character in this game. FF games don't have to be like other FF games. It's still FF but we need a different FF game. Even, I liked FF15 thou, it's different. driving a car, etc.