Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
13 is a bit slept on. Not saying it's as good as FF in it's prime, but it's pretty good. A ton of cheese and cringey melodrama though, feels like a Japanese drama at times. But the battle system and bosses were quite good.

15 is pretty meh. It's not terrible but has way too many flaws for me to consider it a good JRPG.

7R is SE's best FF since like FFX, and it still probably could've been better. Still, a really good step for them to get back on track.

Here's hoping 16 is the FF classic that Square has needed for years now.

If you're into JRPGs though, FF is still on top to me. Persona is obviously great, but it's sucha drag and chore to complete. FF is that sweet spot 30-40 hours, and I just appreciate that. Just finished act 1 in DQXi and already burning out. Not sure why JRPGs these days all have to be 100 hours+.

Most JRPG’s are in the 50-70 hour time to beat. DQ 11, Persona V and FE3H( if you doing multiple multiple routes) are really the only long JRPG’s as of late.

Ys, Trails, Tales of and most others don’t approach that amount of time. Granted if you are completionist any rpg will be 100+ with a few exceptions.

With that being said FF is the easiest JRPG franchise to get into that is not Pokémon or Kingdom Hearts.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
13 is a bit slept on. Not saying it's as good as FF in it's prime, but it's pretty good. A ton of cheese and cringey melodrama though, feels like a Japanese drama at times. But the battle system and bosses were quite good.

15 is pretty meh. It's not terrible but has way too many flaws for me to consider it a good JRPG.

7R is SE's best FF since like FFX, and it still probably could've been better. Still, a really good step for them to get back on track.

Here's hoping 16 is the FF classic that Square has needed for years now.

If you're into JRPGs though, FF is still on top to me. Persona is obviously great, but it's sucha drag and chore to complete. FF is that sweet spot 30-40 hours, and I just appreciate that. Just finished act 1 in DQXi and already burning out. Not sure why JRPGs these days all have to be 100 hours+.

DQ11 for me was like a 7.8/10.

I enjoyed it but yeah, it was incredibly long and I didn’t feel like the length was justified. After a while I was just happy to be done with it. My main problem with DQ is the protagonist is nothing more than a puppet. You’re supposed to role play and see yourself as him but he gives canned responses that the other characters just repeat back anyway. He doesn’t emote or have any real motivations of his own. This might have worked in the 2d days but now theres voice acting and high resolution models it doesn’t make sense anymore.

I felt like the stories highs never went very high for me and it’s lows were pretty tedious. There’s points where i was actively engaged but not at a WOW that was dope level more like ok this is getting interesting, type level.

Persona to me feels more like there was real suspense and high points for me, even though it has a silent protagonist also joker felt more like his own character to me than the luminary.

I personally think ff9 and 12 are the two best 3d final fantasy games ever made.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
They really don’t fukk with bytches like that in JRPG/Anime

You might get some handholding if you’re lucky

I'm not talking about explicit sex scenes, but every Final Fantasy has romance in it except the first 2 I believe. I just found it weird Cindy fine ass was out there with no suitable penis around to fill her holes and none of them jumped on the oppurtunity. It's just wierd, even Dragon Quest has puff puff bruh.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Most JRPG’s are in the 50-70 hour time to beat. DQ 11, Persona V and FE3H( if you doing multiple multiple routes) are really the only long JRPG’s as of late.

Ys, Trails, Tales of and most others don’t approach that amount of time. Granted if you are completionist any rpg will be 100+ with a few exceptions.

With that being said FF is the easiest JRPG franchise to get into that is not Pokémon or Kingdom Hearts.
I just checked persons 5 on how long to beat. How is that game’s main story 97 hours?

I couldn’t imagine. How do they do it and keep it entertaining?

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
I'm not talking about explicit sex scenes, but every Final Fantasy has romance in it except the first 2 I believe. I just found it weird Cindy fine ass was out there with no suitable penis around to fill her holes and none of them jumped on the oppurtunity. It's just wierd, even Dragon Quest has puff puff bruh.

The romance in FF15 was so trash people forgot about it lmao. I swear I still don't know what they were thinking killing off blondie the moment they start to flesh her out

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Funny thing is as much as people shyt on the pacing, the actual story of FF12 written out shyts on pretty much every Final Fantasy story, with the exception of the 14 expansions, and you know why? Because it actually makes sense. Most of the people who worked on 12 work on 14 and they are also making 16 as well which is why I'm hype for this game. 16 may be the game that puts FF back on top of the genre, because Persona is close to taking the throne from them.

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
DQ11 for me was like a 7.8/10.

I enjoyed it but yeah, it was incredibly long and I didn’t feel like the length was justified. After a while I was just happy to be done with it. My main problem with DQ is the protagonist is nothing more than a puppet. You’re supposed to role play and see yourself as him but he gives canned responses that the other characters just repeat back anyway. He doesn’t emote or have any real motivations of his own. This might have worked in the 2d days but now theres voice acting and high resolution models it doesn’t make sense anymore.

I felt like the stories highs never went very high for me and it’s lows were pretty tedious. There’s points where i was actively engaged but not at a WOW that was dope level more like ok this is getting interesting, type level.

Persona to me feels more like there was real suspense and high points for me, even though it has a silent protagonist also joker felt more like his own character to me than the luminary.

I personally think ff9 and 12 are the two best 3d final fantasy games ever made.

Yeah, think I'm done with DQXI. It's fun but not that engaging like that.

FF9, the game that got me into games. Personal GOAT. Good taste sir.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Funny thing is as much as people shyt on the pacing, the actual story of FF12 written out shyts on pretty much every Final Fantasy story, with the exception of the 14 expansions, and you know why? Because it actually makes sense. Most of the people who worked on 12 work on 14 and they are also making 16 as well which is why I'm hype for this game. 16 may be the game that puts FF back on top of the genre, because Persona is close to taking the throne from them.

I’d feel more confident about if it if Yasumi Matsuno were involved

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
I just checked persons 5 on how long to beat. How is that game’s main story 97 hours?

I couldn’t imagine. How do they do it and keep it entertaining?

Honestly I couldnt get to the finish line. The game is very engaging and has swag for days, but even then, the grind and gameplay loop really wears thin about 50 hours in. I feel like a few dungeons were just unneeded filler.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Yeah, think I'm done with DQXI. It's fun but not that engaging like that.

FF9, the game that got me into games. Personal GOAT. Good taste sir.
Really? FF9 is too whacky and goofy.

More fond of 8 and 12, with 7 and X close behind.

I wish there was a way to play 13 though