Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I’m praying it has some of the charm and sense of adventure of XII

The button mashy combat is kind of scaring me. I’m not sure why people hate the gambit system. It was the perfect turn based combat system with so much room to customize.
FF VII Remake’s combat didn’t feel like a button masher to me. I feel that they got the balance right with the combat because there are strategies to defeating enemies.

I’m so glad they changed it.

I always wanted a FF VII game just like this growing up.

:ahh::blessed:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Is the 13 trilogy worth playing? I love how the games look, but I do not like turn-based combat.

:jbhmm::jbhmm:

13 is turn based so you probably won't like it. I personally want to go back and replay it, because when I played it I was all about open world games, and now in 2021 I can barely tolerate non linear open world games anymore so I may look at it differently now.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
13 is turn based so you probably won't like it. I personally want to go back and replay it, because when I played it I was all about open world games, and now in 2021 I can barely tolerate non linear open world games anymore so I may look at it differently now.
I also forgot to add that I love the music too. I do not like turn-based, but the games themselves are they worth the play? Is the combat difficult to learn?

I think they have an easy mode so I might try that.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I didn’t give up on 13 because of how linear it was or the combat, i gave up on it because i just couldn’t understand the plot at all. Nothing about it made any type of sense whatsoever. I felt like they were speaking in gibberish the entire way through

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I also forgot to add that I love the music too. I do not like turn-based, but the games themselves are they worth the play? Is the combat difficult to learn?

I think they have an easy mode so I might try that.

Final fantasy is already default easy mode.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I didn’t give up on 13 because of how linear it was or the combat, i gave up on it because i just couldn’t understand the plot at all. Nothing about it made any type of sense whatsoever. I felt like they were speaking in gibberish the entire way through

To this day I don't know the difference between Gran Pulse, Coc00n, L'Cie, Fal'cie none of that shyt. That's why I want to replay it to make sense of it all because apparently the graphics and gameplay have aged very well.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
@Dallas' 4 Eva

Breh, did I tell you I played XV?

I remember we trashed it in the Remake thread, but I beat the game and I actually enjoyed it.

Real time action-based RPGs are so fun to me.

:mjlol::mjlol:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
@Dallas' 4 Eva

Breh, did I tell you I played XV?

I remember we trashed it in the Remake thread, but I beat the game and I actually enjoyed it.

Real time action-based RPGs are so fun to me.

:mjlol::mjlol:

If you like it that's fine... game is still :dame: to me though. No hoes anywhere in sight for 95% of the game. Meanwhile FF7R we got

45cd3e485595dcf9a0f530f1f8da051f.jpg

:noah:

Balla

Superstar
Daps
If you like it that's fine... game is still :dame: to me though. No hoes anywhere in sight for 95% of the game. Meanwhile FF7R we got

45cd3e485595dcf9a0f530f1f8da051f.jpg

:noah:
Oh yeah, no competition to FF 7 Remake, but it was fun. There were two decent chicks in 15, they ain’t got nothing on Tifa though.

:banderas::banderas:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I beat 13....I don't remember shyt about it other than before the final dungeon there is some crazy open world grind spot.

15 was cool but the best aspects of the story were left for the dlc or scattered in bullshyt collectables. Ardyn is probably the GOAT villian in FF history from a backstory/motive perspective except if you only played the game you wouldn't know it. Horrible

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is why I don't fukk with 15. Why did nobody fukk Cindy? Or that Araneae(sp?) broad? Why did Noctis not fukk Gladio's sister who was clearly begging for his penis in and around her mouth? Answer me this. :mindblown:

They really don’t fukk with bytches like that in JRPG/Anime

You might get some handholding if you’re lucky

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
13 is a bit slept on. Not saying it's as good as FF in it's prime, but it's pretty good. A ton of cheese and cringey melodrama though, feels like a Japanese drama at times. But the battle system and bosses were quite good.

15 is pretty meh. It's not terrible but has way too many flaws for me to consider it a good JRPG.

7R is SE's best FF since like FFX, and it still probably could've been better. Still, a really good step for them to get back on track.

Here's hoping 16 is the FF classic that Square has needed for years now.

If you're into JRPGs though, FF is still on top to me. Persona is obviously great, but it's sucha drag and chore to complete. FF is that sweet spot 30-40 hours, and I just appreciate that. Just finished act 1 in DQXi and already burning out. Not sure why JRPGs these days all have to be 100 hours+.