Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Forget Final Fantasy - give us a Chrono Trigger remake or proper sequel. That is all.

No thanks. The original chrono trigger team are long gone and and square enix aren’t capable of doing a true sequel justice. If anything I wish they’d remake chrono cross that game deserves another run through without being tied to trigger.

The guy who made Owlboy did a really cool chrono break trailer though

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Why? Because of the setting? Cause it sure as hell wasn't because of the gameplay, story, or characters.

12 is that and more

No 12 was very non-traditional final fantasy. it was intended to be more of a western inspired rpg, in regards to plot, the characters and gameplay.

FF9 had almost every classic final fantasy theme, 4 person battle system, defined classes (black mage, blue mage, theif, white mage, knight, dragoon, red mage), crystals, castles, airships, espers being a focal point, the way you learn magic...etc

The entire sales pitch of FF9 at the time was a return to form after FF7 and FF an actual black mage is part of the central cast

Last edited:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
No thanks. The original chrono trigger team are long gone and and square enix aren’t capable of doing a true sequel justice. If anything I wish they’d remake chrono cross that game deserves another run through without being tied to trigger.

breaks my heart every time I see this :to:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Yeah I beat 13....I don't remember shyt about it other than before the final dungeon there is some crazy open world grind spot.

15 was cool but the best aspects of the story were left for the dlc or scattered in bullshyt collectables. Ardyn is probably the GOAT villian in FF history from a backstory/motive perspective except if you only played the game you wouldn't know it. Horrible

Yeah Ardyn has a pretty good backstory :wow:

him and Caius got wasted in their games

Daps

This does look cool.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
No 12 was very non-traditional final fantasy. it was intended to be more of a western inspired rpg, in regards to plot, the characters and gameplay.

FF9 had almost every classic final fantasy theme, 4 person battle system, defined classes (black mage, blue mage, theif, white mage, knight, dragoon, red mage), crystals, castles, airships, espers being a focal point, the way you learn magic...etc

The entire sales pitch of FF9 at the time was a return to form after FF7 and FF an actual black mage is part of the central cast

Word. FF9 was a love letter to the whole series with all the allusions to previous games. Even had folk like Gilgamesh turning up and shyt

Edit - Final Fantasy IX allusions

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Haha. I can see why some people liked it, but it wasn't what I was looking for.

I mean, at the time i first played it I was one of the people upset it was so vastly different with very little tie in. But looking back on it like 20 years later you really see a lot of genius ideas. It was well ahead of its time for the type of story it set up.

If you go and read the plot summary of how it ties into chrono trigger and radical dreamers you’d see how insane it all is, but also kind of depressing. I dont think people expected any of that from a chrono sequel.

Chrono Cross Condensed Plot Summary

That’s why I think a remake would be better served for this game rather than trigger. Because a lot of the early PSX games aged poorly due to the low poly models and resolution versus the now classic pixel art of the 16 bit era.

I think people would appreciate Cross more that they’re older

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I always fukked with Chrono Cross. I saw the genius in the game, just like I saw the genius in FF12 when everyone else was shytting on it, now damn near every open world game borrows some elements from FF12. The world just wasn't ready for these games when they came out.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Dragon Quest XI proves otherwise

Nothing is complicated about them old rpgs

People hate Final Fantasy because they changed the direction of the series, they could easily make them like they old games if they wanted to they don't

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I always fukked with Chrono Cross. I saw the genius in the game, just like I saw the genius in FF12 when everyone else was shytting on it, now damn near every open world game borrows some elements from FF12. The world just wasn't ready for these games when they came out.

I still think the gambit system is the best battle system ever made for FF. It required strategy but it didn’t slow the game down.

That’s why I’m kind of worried about 16 if it’s gonna be hack n slashy like 15 or 7R, like I get 7R still required menus but the camera sucked, your companions were useless and sometimes things moved to quickly for you to think about your next action. I really didn’t like it as much as everyone else seems to.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Dragon Quest XI proves otherwise

Nothing is complicated about them old rpgs

People hate Final Fantasy because they changed the direction of the series, they could easily make them like they old games if they wanted to they don't

Naw, they couldn’t. Modern day square enix couldn’t make a game like FF6 if they tried, well they did, octopath traveler. Not only that but bravely default, I am Setsuna, and the mana remake prove they don’t got the sauce.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Naw, they couldn’t. Modern day square enix couldn’t make a game like FF6 if they tried, well they did, octopath traveler. Not only that but bravely default, I am Setsuna, and the mana remake prove they don’t got the sauce.

huh I am Setsuna was an indie game they just published it, Acquire did Octopath Travler wasn't suppose to be a Final Fantasy 6,

What was wrong with the Mana Remake

Dragon Quest XI was like every other Dragon Quest came just with better graphics lmao, they could easily do that with any of those old school RPGS