Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
huh I am Setsuna was an indie game they just published it, Acquire did Octopath Travler wasn't suppose to be a Final Fantasy 6,

What was wrong with the Mana Remake

Dragon Quest XI was like every other Dragon Quest came just with better graphics lmao, they could easily do that with any of those old school RPGS

Dragonquest story is no where near as well written and complex as FF6

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dragonquest story is no where near as well written and complex as FF6

Huh Dragon Quest series never had those types of story lines, it's a Dragon Quest game, and it stayed faithful to the Dragon Quest Series

If they wanted to make Final Fantasy game like Final Fantasy 6 they can

for one, there is nothing complex about the story in 6 lmao, it's laughable when people say crap like that

Ironically the last main Final Fantasy games, XIII and XV, were tribute to the old Final Fantasies on NES, yet people complained about the stories the most lmao

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Huh Dragon Quest series never had those types of story lines, it's a Dragon Quest game, and it stayed faithful to the Dragon Quest Series

If they wanted to make Final Fantasy game like Final Fantasy 6 they can

for one, there is nothing complex about the story in 6 lmao, it's laughable when people say crap like that

Ironically the last main Final Fantasy games, XIII and XV, were tribute to the old Final Fantasies on NES, yet people complained about the stories the most lmao

Far mor complex than dragon quest.

Hero of legend defeats dark lord is essentially the entire plot. Very barebones. If square enix told me they were gonna create an actual sequel to FF6,Chrono Series, Xenogears or any golden era RPG I’d be SICK.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Mana Remake was fire breh. What sauce are you on?

The same sauce as everyone else apparently?

78-AC093-F-FB6-D-4-EF0-817-B-4105-C2-E24337.jpg

I played it for about 10 hours before giving up. I just made me want to go back and want to play the original

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I still think the gambit system is the best battle system ever made for FF. It required strategy but it didn’t slow the game down.

That’s why I’m kind of worried about 16 if it’s gonna be hack n slashy like 15 or 7R, like I get 7R still required menus but the camera sucked, your companions were useless and sometimes things moved to quickly for you to think about your next action. I really didn’t like it as much as everyone else seems to.

Your companions are only useless in the 7R if you never switch over to them and use them. It is a blend of turn based and action, everyone is supposed to get their turn. The only people I see complain about the combat in 7R were flat out not playing it right. A lot of people don't even know Cloud can counterstance switching stances and not use ATB on counterstance if you time your enemies attack right. Like I said a lot of gamers don't be ready for shyt when it comes out.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Your companions are only useless in the 7R if you never switch over to them and use them. It is a blend of turn based and action, everyone is supposed to get their turn. The only people I see complain about the combat in 7R were flat out not playing it right. A lot of people don't even know Cloud can counterstance switching stances and not use ATB on counterstance if you time your enemies attack right. Like I said a lot of gamers don't be ready for shyt when it comes out.

Well I’m not a lot of gamers I’m well aware that you have to switch party members but they should still build up their limit gauge at the very least or do anything but stand there and look dumb. There are much better ways to use your parties AI then how 7Remake did it.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Well I’m not a lot of gamers I’m well aware that you have to switch party members but they should still build up their limit gauge at the very least or do anything but stand there and look dumb. There are much better ways to use your parties AI then how 7Remake did it.

They do build up their ATB if you just flat out use them, if you actively use them they will do shyt as well. If you don't they will stand their and wait their turn like in any other turn based game. I mean technically if you wanted to just use one person just use Tifa, she is very broken like she can damn near solo anything in the game if she wanted to.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They do build up their ATB if you just flat out use them, if you actively use them they will do shyt as well. If you don't they will stand their and wait their turn like in any other turn based game. I mean technically if you wanted to just use one person just use Tifa, she is very broken like she can damn near solo anything in the game if she wanted to.

After a while i just started using Barret once i learned maximum fury. I honestly hated playing as tifa, she was a glass cannon

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
After a while i just started using Barret once i learned maximum fury. I honestly hated playing as tifa, she was a glass cannon

Then you weren't playing her right. Get her to Chi level 2 and she will stagger damn near anything within a couple of seconds in the end game bruh.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It looks like they have a good amount done and they said they were practically finished with it when they showed the trailer. I’m kind of fiening for a new AAA JPRG right now after DQ11 and 13 Sentinels.

If we get this, Horizon Zero dawn 2, and Ratchet & Clank this is a very good year for me tbh

output6dc8fee816833484.gif

source.gif

source.gif