Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
What is the GOAT Action RPG?

I’ve read about FF7R, GOW, Arise, FF15, and now FF16 on here, and there’s something about each game someone dislikes.

Is there one Action RPG that most can agree on being the GOAT?

I’m tryna play that.

Might be Remake

:ohhh: :ohhh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I’ve read about FF7R, GOW, Arise, FF15, and now FF16 on here, and there’s something about each game someone dislikes.

I’m tryna play that.

Might be Remake

Elden Ring/Souls, if you don’t mind not having a story.

Neir is up there but the gameplay gets repetitive

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

I’m tryna play that.

Might be Remake

Remake is flames.

I haven't finished this yet so can't rank them but this is shaping up to be up there off spectacle alone. Arise is also fun but the last bit of it is a complete drag.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Remake is flames.

I haven't finished this yet so can't rank them but this is shaping up to be up there off spectacle alone. Arise is also fun but the last bit of it is a complete drag.

Honestly i feel like they should just innovate on this style. This ssame gameplay can work with controllable party members and equips, status effects, etc.

Out of all the final fantasy games the only ones where i absolutely love the combat is this and XII

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Honestly i feel like they should just innovate on this style. This ssame gameplay can work with controllable party members and equips, status effects, etc.

Out of all the final fantasy games the only ones where i absolutely love the combat is this and XII

Ironically the funnest part about 12 was that you basically didn't have to play the game after a certain point :dead:

Balla

Superstar
Daps
The narrative based 3rd person SONY games have a distinct feel witth distinct mechanics a lot of which I see in this game much more than previous final fantasy games. Heavy use of QTE, extreme linearity, bare/nonexistant rpg mechanics, that section where you play as Joshua early on is like the dozen or so SONY games where you play the secondary character with a bare kit. None of these individually are particular to SONY games but there games tend to have almost all of these same qualities which I'm starting to see a lot in this.
When I got to that part when you switch to him, I immediately thought, “that’s that atreus shyt.” Without even thinking.

:russ: :mjlol:

Guess they’re tryna have that American appeal like Sony.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Remake is flames.

I haven’t gotten that far in this, but Remake’s combat definitely is flames.

It’s so fukkin fun, and I feel it’s perfect.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps

I think Tales Arise and Scarlet Nexus shows how this could work with party members tbh

Lambent55

All Star
Daps
This looks like a really good game, but it's not Final Fantasy to me :hubie:

Let me repeat that, I think it's a good game, but I don't feel it's an FF game.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
This looks like a really good game, but it's not Final Fantasy to me :hubie:

Let me repeat that, I think it's a good game, but I don't feel it's an FF game.
So you work at square? You the ones making the FF?
If they say its FF then its FF
Ya turn based nancies need to get with the facts.
Evolution happens and will go through it whether you nikkas want it or not stop the crying :umad:

Lambent55

All Star
Daps
So you work at square? You the ones making the FF?
If they say its FF then its FF
Ya turn based nancies need to get with the facts.
Evolution happens and will go through it whether you nikkas want it or not stop the crying :umad:

That's just how I feel, it's not that serious :yeshrug:

Edit: and I'm not talking about the turn based.

- No Party member system, and just having a single player s a big one. Yes, I know they did it with LR

- Ability system doesn't seem as in depth (Material, license board, sphere grid)