Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Final Fantasy XII was in no way shape or form structured like this. The only mainline Final Fantasy that has a similar structure to this is 13.
12 was "wider", along with 15 being a half-assed open world, but the majority of these games have been going from point a to b to z for the majority of the time.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Final Fantasy XII was in no way shape or form structured like this. The only mainline Final Fantasy that has a similar structure to this is 13.

FF12 is the outlier in the series, most final fantasy games are linear. Even FF7R that just came out is basically traveling from one corridor, combat, and cutscenes.

There is no other Final Fantasy game that is as open ended as 12 And 15 (which had a terrible structure)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Can you explain the rpg elements thing? I played GOW and the first Horizon.

I currently just got to Cid’s hideout in FF16.

Essentially theres not a lot of customization or builds in this game. The builds basically come from how you mix and match the eikon abilities

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
12 was "wider", along with 15 being a half-assed open world, but the majority of these games have been going from point a to b to z for the majority of the time.
It isn't even just that bro. Does equipment even matter in this game? Leveling up and acquiring new skills? Is there a class system? Maybe I need to unlock hard mode first before I say all that though.

I'm not trying to say this is a bad game, it's not, but this game has more in common with Uncharted than Final Fantasy.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
tbh... this game is in a world where slavery is at it's core of operation. Enslaving people with more ability than the norm to dehumanize for their gifts and use as tools for the enrichment of a select few who deem themselves superior.

...I'm glad there's no black people in this game. Because I could not trust... basically any game publisher not in America to handle that with any kind of tact at all. I don't even trust American devs. Japanese devs put in charge of a world with slavery and tasked with putting brown people in it? :picard: fukking leave us out of this. Because they'd have what? Made some token black slaves in the background. Maybe make some of the villain kingdoms brownish. Probably made Hugo a black dude in the worst way possible
so they could make him a giant musclehead without full agency, being led around by his dikk by a blonde woman with ambitions whose heart will always belong to some white man with power?
If that's the depths of the 'representation'; they can keep it.

Nah. I'm perfectly fine being kept out of this world entirely. Let them blondes enslave them gingers for their crystal gods. I'll play it; but there's no one in this world I have any desire to identify with. This makes that all the easier.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
It isn't even just that bro. Does equipment even matter in this game? Leveling up and acquiring new skills? Is there a class system? Maybe I need to unlock hard mode first before I say all that though.

I'm not trying to say this is a bad game, it's not, but this game has more in common with Uncharted than Final Fantasy.

Uncharted :dahell: with what platforming and gunplay breh :dahell: In no way is this more similar to that than ff7r lmfao

I would have said a bayonetta/dmc before that.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
tbh... this game is in a world where slavery is at it's core of operation. Enslaving people with more ability than the norm to dehumanize for their gifts and use as tools for the enrichment of a select few who deem themselves superior.

...I'm glad there's no black people in this game. Because I could not trust... basically any game publisher not in America to handle that with any kind of tact at all. I don't even trust American devs. Japanese devs put in charge of a world with slavery and tasked with putting brown people in it? :picard: fukking leave us out of this. Because they'd have what? Made some token black slaves in the background. Maybe make some of the villain kingdoms brownish. Probably made Hugo a black dude in the worst way possible
so they could make him a giant musclehead without full agency, being led around by his dikk by a blonde woman with ambitions whose heart will always belong to some white man with power?
If that's the depths of the 'representation'; they can keep it.

Nah. I'm perfectly fine being kept out of this world entirely. Let them blondes enslave them gingers for their crystal gods. I'll play it; but there's no one in this world I have any desire to identify with. This makes that all the easier.

Its still no excuse, they could have had two of the dominates be black/people of color, and Hugo kind of is, but he’s more of a spicy white. But this is like their limited perception of western fantasy which is always coded white, until very recently. Ex. Like pointed out earlier, the first Game of Thrones series had almost no black people in it. They recently fixed it in House of The Dragon but that just came out last year. Same thing happened with The Witcher 3 and the show fixed it.

But in regards to the slavery aspect, lets just say that was a bullet dodged :whew:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
For any plague tale fans did you notice Joshua and Jill are played by the actors of Amicia and Hugo? I recognized it instantly

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does equipment even matter in this game? Leveling up and acquiring new skills? Is there a class system? Maybe I need to unlock hard mode first before I say all that though.

Yeah the RPG elements are lacking, no two ways about it. But at it's core this is still very much a Final Fantasy game.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
The more I play this the more it feels like square just made a standard SONY movie game.
shannon-sharpe-that-aint-no-problem.gif