Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
This game.:mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:, will probably be with this until Balders gate 3 drops. The game is just beautiful and I love the story and combat, just a shame the combat isn’t slightly more challenging.

They need to drop some DLC for this especially story related ones as I would buy them in a flash.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Expunge on what you mean though because I'm also not getting what you are trying to say here lol

The narrative based 3rd person SONY games have a distinct feel witth distinct mechanics a lot of which I see in this game much more than previous final fantasy games. Heavy use of QTE, extreme linearity, bare/nonexistant rpg mechanics, that section where you play as Joshua early on is like the dozen or so SONY games where you play the secondary character with a bare kit. None of these individually are particular to SONY games but there games tend to have almost all of these same qualities which I'm starting to see a lot in this.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
FzTjykVWAAAzKU7
FzTjzhNXsAI4hH9
FzTjyFUWcAE4HcU

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
I like the game overall, combat and story and even the setting....but this is not a JRPG at all the lacking traditional rpg elements are glaring.......so am divided am feeling it but on another breath its somewhat irritates me with the lack of exploration(not open world madness, which is one of the reasons why 15 story suffered soo much)

we will see once i beat it.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I don't want to derail thread, but does combat open up after you get 2nd ability (wind)
I feel the combat system isn't doing much for me, and it feels like they should've committed to making a full-on action game. I feel there needs to be more satisfaction when pulling off combos and better linking of combos.

Anyways, the combat isn't bad, but was expecting more. I am liking the story and voice acting so far though.

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
I don't want to derail thread, but does combat open up after you get 2nd ability (wind)
I feel the combat system isn't doing much for me, and it feels like they should've committed to making a full-on action game. I feel there needs to be more satisfaction when pulling off combos and better linking of combos.

Anyways, the combat isn't bad, but was expecting more. I am liking the story and voice acting so far though.

Not really, I’m 1/3 into the game and combat has been way to easy and repetitive. The two abilities you get from swapping have too much of a long cool down imo. You can do some cool looking combos but things die to fast for it to matter. And Garuda is worthless on regular enemies with no stagger bar.

I hope it opens up more because the story is 10/10