Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Expunge on what you mean though because I'm also not getting what you are trying to say here lol

It's clueless; cutscenes, cutting edge audio-visuals and narrative heavy focus has always been THE big things Final Fantasy has focused on.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's clueless; cutscenes, cutting edge audio-visuals and narrative heavy focus has always been THE big things Final Fantasy has focused on.

Theres definitely valid criticism for a lack of actual rpg elements, which is funny cause god of war and horizon (sony movie games) actually have more at this point.

But the overall structure and gameplay loop is pretty much final fantasy to the bone. Its always travel from here to htere watch cutscene, fight shifty mobs, watch cutscene, fight boss, cutscene. Etc

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Theres definitely valid criticism for a lack of actual rpg elements, which is funny cause god of war and horizon (sony movie games) actually have more at this point.

But the overall structure and gameplay loop is pretty much final fantasy to the bone. Its always travel from here to htere watch cutscene, fight shifty mobs, watch cutscene, fight boss, cutscene. Etc

He didn't say anything about RPG elements.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's exactly what this is. I've always been a Final Fantasy stan but if this is where the series is headed I'm not purchasing day 1 anymore.

You might want to go back and play some of them then since this is how these games have always been structured.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
I see no replay value in the Eikon fights

And a lot of the later sidequests just remind me of Dragon Age but.. Not as good :manny:

Still enjoying the fukk out it though

Last edited:

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
Your user name is from a show with no black people lol
200w.gif

Balla

Superstar
Daps

Can you explain the rpg elements thing? I played GOW and the first Horizon.

I currently just got to Cid’s hideout in FF16.