Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Can't get excited about this. The cutscenes remind me of the terrible acting in FFXIV.

Not a fan of the old english harry potter voice overs they doing at all

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
I'm looking forward to XVI, I have played XIV and for them to get that quality of a game out of an MMO is impressive. I really think folks need to pump the brakes on the negativity. This team has earned a chance to give a single player version a try.

Yeah exactly, and plus, they said that the next big info drop is in 2021. They haven't even really begun to unveil what the game's all about. It's understandable that some might be underwhelmed, but this is more or less the style that the OG FF games prior to VI were like. VI and beyond, Nomura was involved in the projects, whether it was from just the character designs to even having plot elements decided. The more notable FF designs people know the franchise for are mostly because of him. And while I love Nomura's work immensely, I like the fact that things are a bit more "toned down" this time. It's a welcome change, and it's about time that we went back to more of that for a game or two.

I wish they went more into the agni’s philosophy direction but i guess that might end up being project athia

Project Athia is definitely the Agni's Philosophy game. If you watch that tech demo video, those monsters or whatever have the same kind of glow internally you see in the announcement trailer. And from what we can see of the character in the trailer, she looks like the girl in the Agni's Philosophy tech demos.

It's being developed by the FFXV team, but they started developing this for the PS5 early on. Far as we know, the dev cycle's been straightforward, so it most likely won't turn out scrambled like how XV did (even though I really like XV).

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Final fantasy games are barely RPGs anymore. shyts just hack and slash games with shytty mechanics now.

:francis:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
It's a very traditional Final Fantasy pre-VI kind of art design and setting, and I'm all for it honestly. I don't think we'll be getting any hi-tech stuff in this world either, so no Magitek stuff like that (unless it's like kooky inventions here and there from a character in their lab or something). Airship would have to be in this though, given the nature of the world and how massive it is.

People might think this is generic and boring, but if anything, I think this is the best direction for the series to take. FFXV had a ton of interesting lore but couldn't quite nail it down because of a troubled development cycle. FFXIII had a ton of lore that was in the game, but you had to read the Datalog instead of it being explained on-screen, and the linearity was really apparent. FFXIV is an online experience, but the story expansions are highly rated all around to be some of the best Final Fantasy stories told, better than some numbered titles. And the FFXIV team (or some at least) is handling FFXVI, which is why there's similarities.

I'm sure there's still going to be all types of typical Final Fantasy craziness and whatnot, this is the very first little bit of information we're getting about the game. But if anything, it feels more "grounded" this time around, if that makes sense.
I predict another shytty magic and summon roster

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I was just thinking about this game and having watched some videos on YouTube I am surprisingly optimistic about this. Especially the story side of it, I can’t blame anyone for being sceptical based on the last few titles we have excluding 7R.

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
The art direction for this game is very generic. Those pics look like fan art.
very final fantasy 3'ish, which im a fan of:ehh:

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Last edited:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I was just thinking about this game and having watched some videos on YouTube I am surprisingly optimistic about this. Especially the story side of it, I can’t blame anyone for being sceptical based on the last few titles we have excluding 7R.

As soon as I saw that it was the team that made XIV that did this, I already knew what was up. The team that made XIV also made one of the top 3 single player Final Fantasy games, XII. This shyt gonna be a gem bruh.