Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker wins Metacritics' #1 Award for PlayStation Exclusive

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Didn't think so many would be upset but I changed the title :whew:
dont fret, my pc blows the ps5 outta the water, but I also go a ps5, so I got options if I want to replay this game. must suck to be limited to one platform. oh well.

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
:mjlol: majority of players are on pc. You truly lost if you play on playstation. You can't even see your damage:russ:
Ffxiv is casual af breh. Most people aren’t doing savage runs and even when you do there’s going to be someone on pc putting dps numbers in chat, so you’ll know if your dps is trash. Outside savage you can do suboptimal dps everywhere else without food and pots and still manage to clear if everyone can do mechanics. I quit raiding after alphascape when my static fell apart but I doubt much has changed since then.

It would be nice if console players could see dps but it’s not really a big deal

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ffxiv is casual af breh. Most people aren’t doing savage runs and even when you do there’s going to be someone on pc putting dps numbers in chat, so you’ll know if your dps is trash. Outside savage you can do suboptimal dps everywhere else without food and pots and still manage to clear if everyone can do mechanics. I quit raiding after alphascape when my static fell apart but I doubt much has changed since then.

It would be nice if console players could see dps but it’s not really a big deal
Posting DPS can get you banned so unless you're braindead nobody putting that in chat. MMO are usually players addicted to grinding so i would think most are hardcore at whatever they do.

Why would you not want to do max damage and clear everything faster. Your argument is dumb af breh.. :camby:

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
Posting DPS can get you banned so unless you're braindead nobody putting that in chat. MMO are usually players addicted to grinding so i would think most are hardcore at whatever they do.

Why would you not want to do max damage and clear everything faster. Your argument is dumb af breh.. :camby:
Quit being dumb breh. Pc players post dps all the time in savage regardless of the tos, especially when progging. Not even pugs gaf. The only people who would snitch are people that shouldn’t be there in the first place.

95% of the content in ffxiv doesn’t require you to be good at your job for a clear. Even ex trials are borderline casual-mid at best. If you’re not doing savage it’s not the end of the world if you’re suboptimal. Dps numbers are irrelevant to people avoiding that 5% of actually difficult content in the game. That’s just the kinda game ffxiv is. And unless something has changed in the 2 and a 1/2 years or so since I stopped playing seriously, the game shouldn’t be much different today

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Quit being dumb breh. Pc players post dps all the time in savage regardless of the tos, especially when progging. Not even pugs gaf. The only people who would snitch are people that shouldn’t be there in the first place.

95% of the content in ffxiv doesn’t require you to be good at your job for a clear. Even ex trials are borderline casual-mid at best. If you’re not doing savage it’s not the end of the world if you’re suboptimal. Dps numbers are irrelevant to people avoiding that 5% of actually difficult content in the game. That’s just the kinda game ffxiv is. And unless something has changed in the 2 and a 1/2 years or so since I stopped playing seriously, the game shouldn’t be much different today

You don't even play so stfu you casual

Biblical Goon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody play on here? Is it worth it? I’m wanna play a casual mmo, not trying sink endless hours into some bullshyt game.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He’s not wrong tho

he's definitely wrong. why spend extra time with low DPS people when you can finish the shyt fast, move to the next thing to do. It's basically retarded not to optimize DPS. All because you can finish something in a hr after countless wipes vs a group that does it in 10 is the difference between elite and noobs.

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
he's definitely wrong. why spend extra time with low DPS people when you can finish the shyt fast, move to the next thing to do. It's basically retarded not to optimize DPS. All because you can finish something in a hr after countless wipes vs a group that does it in 10 is the difference between elite and noobs.

No ur 100% wrong here, breh above you is spot on

Ffxiv is extremely casual and you can clear the entire main story and extreme trials in dungeon gear

Savage raids is the only time dps matters and only an extremely small amount of the population does savage raiding seriously

I would say go as far as saying there are more "role players" that treat the game like the Sims and just log on to chat then there are raiders

I already beat the main story and I'll probably level a few other jobs then unsuscribe for 6 months until new patches come out like I always do

Ffxiv is not hard-core at all

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Anybody play on here? Is it worth it? I’m wanna play a casual mmo, not trying sink endless hours into some bullshyt game.

The devs have said many times that ffxiv is meant to be a casual mmo. They actually encourage players to take breaks and play other games. It's not the type of mmo that you have to log on everyday to progress.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
No ur 100% wrong here, breh above you is spot on

Ffxiv is extremely casual and you can clear the entire main story and extreme trials in dungeon gear

Savage raids is the only time dps matters and only an extremely small amount of the population does savage raiding seriously

I would say go as far as saying there are more "role players" that treat the game like the Sims and just log on to chat then there are raiders

I already beat the main story and I'll probably level a few other jobs then unsuscribe for 6 months until new patches come out like I always do

Ffxiv is not hard-core at all
i think the point is that there's a definite hard cap on what you can generally do as a DPS on a console set up:unimpressed:

can you clear the main story some extra shyt? sure. its braindead easy. but nobody invests serious time in an mmo just for the low tier milestones. you guys can keep saying there's no difference, but there objectively is ceiling on what you can do in a lot of aspects. you can't even target mobs as effectively - let alone cycle your abilities on the same level.
The devs have said many times that ffxiv is meant to be a casual mmo. They actually encourage players to take breaks and play other games. It's not the type of mmo that you have to log on everyday to progress.
the entry point is casual. high end content is made with barriers and appropriate rewards in mind lets be real

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Magic in this game is trash. Not epic at all by final fantasy standards. I'm surprised it's made it this far.

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
i think the point is that there's a definite hard cap on what you can generally do as a DPS on a console set up:unimpressed:

can you clear the main story some extra shyt? sure. its braindead easy. but nobody invests serious time in an mmo just for the low tier milestones. you guys can keep saying there's no difference, but there objectively is ceiling on what you can do in a lot of aspects. you can't even target mobs as effectively - let alone cycle your abilities on the same level.

the entry point is casual. high end content is made with barriers and appropriate rewards in mind lets be real

There is literally no advantage you have dpsing on a PC vs a console. This is not wow.

The only mods people use on pc are fflogs to see dps numbers or shades to make the game look better