Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are hardly any universally love games. You're acting like any FF not loved by everyone is a fukking disaster. Could you not hold Square to the same standards you hold other developers?

The hating on this site towards the new FF - and various other games - is getting pathetic. If a game isn't a 10/10 then it's a 0/10. There is no in between with you motherfukkers. :camby:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
There are hardly any universally love games. You're acting like any FF not loved by everyone is a fukking disaster. Could you not hold Square to the same standards you hold other developers?

The hating on this site towards the new FF - and various other games - is getting pathetic. If a game isn't a 10/10 then it's a 0/10. There is no in between with you motherfukkers. :camby:
If we give them Final Fantasy X and call it a classic which I would you're still looking at well over 15 years of this series has been in what one would consider heavy decline.

Personally I don't think they should remake VII because it's just going to piss off a significant portion of their fans when this game comes out and it's a far departure from what the original was. People are going to compare it to the original and Square hasn't shown the capacity to even whiff that level of quality.

Personally I don't think Square is capable of putting out a classic FF game anymore. I think their obsession with making games that look like XIII and XV creates ridiculously long development cycles and compromised ideas. Meanwhile companies like Falcom and Atlus are creating far more interesting and compelling games with far lower budgets.

When I look at a game like Persona 5 I have the full confidence that it may very well be a classic. When I look at the VIII remake I'm thinking it might be ok. We're talking about a remake of a classic game here. People are gonna expect better than ok but Square's 15 year track record implies ok is the best they can do now.

Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This game is gonna be a disaster especially if you grew up playin the OG. no way the can come close to the expectations.

SE should stop making these FF games stop ruining the franchise... FF15 shoulda been called somthin else cuz it doesn't feel like FF game.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
This game is gonna be a disaster especially if you grew up playin the OG. no way the can come close to the expectations.

SE should stop making these FF games stop ruining the franchise... FF15 shoulda been called somthin else cuz it doesn't feel like FF game.
Shut up. It's fine. You just old as shyt and stuck in your ways

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

People wanna be that guy who was able to point out everything wrong.

Watch some of these same clowns hating, down the road stanning some obscure garbage that doesn't hold a torch tint his game.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

I had final fantasy 1 when it came out as a child and I'm pleased with this game. Old to the new :manny:

But I'm an Elite Gamer so I've been conditioned for this moment by ninja Gaiden, God of War, bayonetta, devil may cry.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

I'm just wondering what people have seen from Square in the last 15 or so years that gives them such confidence in this remake.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
C441lz7WAAAzO_I.jpg:large

C441-rvWYAAKERO.jpg:large