Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Exactly. So if that's not a "cash grab" how can you hate on a game that Square is trying to create in a way that satisfies the fans? Who cares about the adhd casuals who what a graphics update and nothing more? If Square does this right it can be way better than the former idea.
Again, I'm not about to debate rather you feel it's a good idea or just a way for square to maximize profits. I'm just telling you that your flat out wrong with these rediculous ass comparisons to witcher 3. This is not the same thing as dlc.
This is why history is a subject in school. I remember Mass Effect when it first dropped clear as day. What they were saying about it over a decade ago and now are completely different. Go back and look up old IGN articles on their website on the game, it was not hyped as a game that would have three from the gate and no one knew at the time how it would be received. Once it was championed as one of the best RPG's ever, then EA came swooping in and it became a series.
I remember it clear as day too, I remember looking into building a gaming pc to play the first game before it released. I remember the developers talking about their plans for the story to span three games and decisions carrying over.
That's once they started developing the sequels.
No it didnt, this is shyt that was talked about before the EA deal took off. Before the sequel.
I never stated that. Where did I state that?

Xenosaga had a single ultimate narrative that didn't reach finality until the last episode, much in the same way FFVII is being touted as doing. My point is, what's the difference now that everyone is whining about it? Xenosaga could have arguable been on one disc or one package also.
You said multiple times that xenosaga was one game, split into 3 episodes when it isnt. It's a narrative that was created from inception to span 3 games. It was intended from the beginning to be a trilogy. Although the story spanned the three games, those games were developed separately from each other and updated with each release, so they felt more like sequels, not episodes of one existing story that was never intended to be split.

If final fantasy 7 was a new story and not just a remake then people would feel better about this. And squareEnix recent garbage ass games haven't helped.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Again, I'm not about to debate rather you feel it's a good idea or just a way for square to maximize profits. I'm just telling you that your flat out wrong with these rediculous ass comparisons to witcher 3. This is not the same thing as dlc.

No I'm not wrong and yes it is the same.

I remember it clear as day too, I remember looking into building a gaming pc to play the first game before it released. I remember the developers talking about their plans for the story to span three games and decisions carrying over.

Lies.

No it didnt, this is shyt that was talked about before the EA deal took off. Before the sequel.

More lies. How do you anounce a trilogy to a game that was almost scrapped? A game that everyone thought would flop? Stop lying please.

You said multiple times that xenosaga was one game, split into 3 episodes when it isnt. It's a narrative that was created from inception to span 3 games. It was intended from the beginning to be a trilogy. Although the story spanned the three games, those games were developed separately from each other and updated with each release, so they felt more like sequels, not episodes of one existing story that was never intended to be split.

Nope. Xenosaga has one narrative that could have began and ended in the same disc if it wanted. It was split up and drawn out purposely to be episodic. It's the same thing as FFVII.

If final fantasy 7 was a new story and not just a remake then people would feel better about this.

FFVII will have new, additional content.

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
Here's all the places visited in disk 1 of FF7,

Midgar. Bunch of parts in Midgar including different Mako reactors, Aeris' crib and sector, Shinra building, and Wall Market
Kalm. The town with some backstory with Sephiroth
Chocobo Ranch
Junon
Costa De Sol
Mt. Corel
Gold Saucer
Prison within Saucer
Gongaga
Cosmo Canyon
Nibelheim and Shinra Mansion
Temple of the Ancients
Bone Village and the Forgotten City.

That's a shyt load of places man. And almost every one of those places had it's on story going on within it. I can easily see them flesh it the fukk out, plus adding additional shyt and it'll easily be 30+ hours. In the original it was much shorter because giant cities like Junon were only like three maps, and everything was in text instead of dialogue. Also expect more cutscenes. Just serious underrating of how big FF7 can be in this gen.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
. I can easily see them flesh it the fukk out, plus adding additional shyt and it'll easily be 30+ hours. In the original it was much shorter because giant cities like Junon were only like three maps, and everything was in text instead of dialogue. Also expect more cutscenes. Just serious underrating of how big FF7 can be in this gen.
FFVII took me 60+ hours to complete, and I might have used a guide book for some of it. I hope they don't add additional shyt :merchant:

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was exaggerating, but yeah I think 13 had a very tedious battle system, you had to do the right attacks at the right moments to fill the stagger gauge and there was also a lot of bullshyt paragraph changing. Change to your healing formation, now quickly change to your attack formation, now change to your spells, juggling etc.

shyt was just tedious as fukk imo. Maybe I just sucked like you said, but then again I didn't find the game hard at all, shyt just felt like a chore to me. Ff12 had a much better battle system.

There's not tedious about the paradigm shifts and the real time aspect is what speeds things up. The great thing about the battle system is it puts all the redundant bullshyt on autopilot. Example is picking the elemental spell you need to use or healing up or the buffs you need.

I've never played 12 to be honest, that's the last ff game for me to play from ff7 onwards

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Rumored to be out in 2017:

http://vgleaks.com/final-fantasy-30th-anniversary-roadmap

2017 will be the 30th anniversary for Final Fantasy and Square Enix will celebrate the milestone with the following items:

Final Fantasy releases in 2017 to celebrate the anniversary: Square will launch Final Fantasy VII Remake (first episode) and Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age as main games to celebrate the Final Fantasy's birthday.

Final Fantasy XIII trilogy is coming to PS4 during the next year. The bundle will include Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2 and Lightning Returns on separate discs to be enjoined in 1080p and 60fps.