Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
The best comparison is literally FF13.. that's what the quote says in the first place. FF13 was three full games, with each campaign ranging from 25-40 hours.

The director already said they're adding a bunch of content to fill each part up. I don't see what the problem is.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
I'm not entirely sure what you guys are arguing about, but them saying the game is going to be episodic has nothing to do with DLC I feel. It's being split in 3 different games. Like FFXIII, except in this case we know this ahead of time and will be expecting the other parts. The 3 disc thing can be looked at as paying tribute to the OG but at the same time is something they feel is necessary to get all the content they want in it. That said, we will still get DLC for all 3 discs most likely. That's the age we live in.

Might get some Zack DLC :banderas:

Or some DLC with Genesis' bullshyt :mjlol:

Or some DLC with Barret's past with his buddy Dyne :gladbron:

DLC content is usually download only. We're talking 3 whole disc worth of content. Most likely priced at retail $60 each with it's own DLC to add on to it. It shouldn't be that hard to get it yall :yeshrug:

This is what you're saying right @hexagram23 ?

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This ninja Mr.Mime trippin. Bruh FF7 was one game the disk portion of it is irrelevant. The entire game came out as one single entity . This remake has split that same whole package into 3 different games that will be sold at full price...wtf aren't you understanding?

Last edited:

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
This ninja Mr.Mime trippin. Bruh FF7 was one game the disk portion of it is irrelevant. The entire game came out as one single entity . This remake has split a part that same package into 3 different games that will be sold at full price...wtf aren't you understanding?

Bolded is probably the only negative thing about this. But honestly paying $60 every 2 years for one of the GOAT games being remade with a bunch of new shyt isn't a big deal at all IMO.

The cliffhanger with Aeris at the end of part one is going to have new fans trippin :mjlol:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm not entirely sure what you guys are arguing about, but them saying the game is going to be episodic has nothing to do with DLC I feel. It's being split in 3 different games. Like FFXIII, except in this case we know this ahead of time and will be expecting the other parts. The 3 disc thing can be looked at as paying tribute to the OG but at the same time is something they feel is necessary to get all the content they want in it. That said, we will still get DLC for all 3 discs most likely. That's the age we live in.

Might get some Zack DLC :banderas:

Or some DLC with Genesis' bullshyt :mjlol:

Or some DLC with Barret's past with his buddy Dyne :gladbron:

DLC content is usually download only. We're talking 3 whole disc worth of content. Most likely priced at retail $60 each with it's own DLC to add on to it. It shouldn't be that hard to get it yall :yeshrug:

This is what you're saying right @hexagram23 ?

I'm talking about what @YallSOHHMaD? said.

"FF7" was one game. They want to break it into 3 parts and charge you three times.

"The Witcher 3" is one game.

"Hearts Of Stone" DLC came out, added around 8 more hours of content....content that has nothing to do with the main story.

"Blood And Wine" is coming out next, adding around 15-20 more hours of content....again, nothing to do with the main story.

Dude is sitting there talking about "see?! same thing!"

fukk no, it's not the same thing. It shouldn't take three people to explain something this simple.

Fred.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
When did The Arcadium get this bad?

I know right? It's annoying when people just type to type.

Like I said, you have no idea what the fukk you're talking about.

Everything I said was accurate. It's ok to admit when you're wrong by the way. The DLC adds another 20-30 hours to a 30 hour game, doubling the length as I stated earlier, and could have very well been included into the main game. Adding a continent sounds like splitting the game up to me.

"Xenosaga" was a trilogy. "The Witcher" is a trilogy.

Now it's time for me to ask: Have you played Xenosaga? No, Xenosaga was not a trilogy. The Witcher was, but Xenosaga was not.

Xenosaga was a single narrative split into three episodes, same as FFVII will be.

"FF7" was originally one game, now it's split into 3 parts.

FFVII was originally three discs received at once. Those same discs will now be fleshed out and extended with the added lore and mythos that have come since that time, so it's understandable why they would lean on dropping three separate episodes.

Will someone else please explain to this guy the difference between DLC and episodic content? And the difference between a standalone game broken into 3 parts, and 3 separate parts to a trilogy? Rep awaits you.

There's no difference between the ideology behind dropping DLC to add to a game later and dropping another game in an episodic fashion. You talk about "cash grabs", but how can three 30 hour games be a "cash grab"?

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
I'm talking about what @YallSOHHMaD? said.

"FF7" was one game. They want to break it into 3 parts and charge you three times.

"The Witcher 3" is one game.

"Hearts Of Stone" DLC came out, added around 8 more hours of content....content that has nothing to do with the main story.

"Blood And Wine" is coming out next, adding around 15-20 more hours of content....again, nothing to do with the main story.

Dude is sitting there talking about "see?! same thing!"

fukk no, it's not the same thing. It shouldn't take three people to explain something this simple.

Fred.

You don't realize how hilarious this post is. According to you, dropping two other parts to the same game in the form of DLC, as long as it "doesn't have anything to do with the main story" is better than FFVII giving the fans a fully fleshed out experience in three separate increments? So if FFVII dropped the first game and the others as DLC you wouldn't have a problem?

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
This ninja Mr.Mime trippin. Bruh FF7 was one game the disk portion of it is irrelevant. The entire game came out as one single entity . This remake has split a part that same package into 3 different games that will be sold at full price...wtf aren't you understanding?

No it isn't stupid. Anyone that has actually played FVII knows that this makes perfect since. Anyone that played FFVII knows when each disc splits up, and what that means story wise and game wise for the content of each disc. I appreciate Square taking this approach. If each one is the length of any modern sized RPG what's the problem?

And secondly, shut the fucc up trying to cape for your cac in distress. Your red for a reason.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
The best comparison is literally FF13.. that's what the quote says in the first place. FF13 was three full games, with each campaign ranging from 25-40 hours.

The director already said they're adding a bunch of content to fill each part up. I don't see what the problem is.

Exactly, FFXIII and Xenosaga. These other guys are bytching because they're trying to convince everyone that it's three games thats 10 hours each or something. For all they know, the ENTIRE FFVII three disc game could be over by the end of the first episode, and the next episode is advent children. Or, the first episode could be Dirge of Cerberus, second episode FFVII, and Advent Children the final disc. There's a lot that Square could do with the lore at this point.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
@MrMime Ay bruh I think everyone is saying that the remake is gonna be broken up into 3 full games, like 30 hours each. You seem to be saying the same thing somewhat in your most recent post in here.

Though I seriously doubt the spin offs are gonna play a huge factor. If so the developers would've said something. They're talking solely about FFVII. Now I'm not saying the spin off material won't appear in the game. I'm sure it will in one form or another. Just won't be the spot light like the OG story.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The game Without cheats isn't playable today. Too tedious.

The remake should adopt the ff13 battle system
:what:

I literally just beat that shyt not to long ago, how is it unplayable today?

It's less tedious than those bullshyt ass 30 minute fights against regular ass blob monsters and shyt in ff13

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
@MrMime Ay bruh I think everyone is saying that the remake is gonna be broken up into 3 full games, like 30 hours each. You seem to be saying the same thing somewhat in your most recent post in here.

Though I seriously doubt the spin offs are gonna play a huge factor. If so the developers would've said something. They're talking solely about FFVII. Now I'm not saying the spin off material won't appear in the game. I'm sure it will in one form or another. Just won't be the spot light like the OG story.

Everyone is arguing with themselves. What I said cannot be disputed. They're bytching that three fleshed out 30 hour games is a cash grab somehow, yet excuses it when other companies do it under the guise of DLC. Xenosaga already did this shyt, I don't see the big deal.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Everyone is arguing with themselves. What I said cannot be disputed. They're bytching that three fleshed out 30 hour games is a cash grab somehow, yet excuses it when other companies do it under the guise of DLC. Xenosaga already did this shyt, I don't see the big deal.
It's you that's not understanding the concept of releasing extra content for a game thats already out, for 10$ or so and how that is different from creating 3 stand alone games that sell for full price each to tell the story of a game that was already released.

Final fantasy 13 was never meant to be a trilogy, the sequels came as a cash grab after the success, the same way ff10-2 was never planned but squareEnix saw an opportunity to cashout. Same thing with crisis core, that shyt was never in the plans during the making of ff7. Why are you acting like they haven't been doing this shyt for a while now.

Xenosaga was planned from its inception to be a trilogy just like mass effect. And each game in the series played vastly different than the previous.

Final fantasy 7 is a game that already exist, that was sold as a single package as a stand alone game. They are taking that game and splitting it into 3 parts to maximize profits, they're probably gonna play the exact same way with the same game engine too.

• Dap
Reactions: hex