Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everyone is arguing with themselves. What I said cannot be disputed. They're bytching that three fleshed out 30 hour games is a cash grab somehow, yet excuses it when other companies do it under the guise of DLC. Xenosaga already did this shyt, I don't see the big deal.

Nah nah nah I'm not arguing with myself in the least fukk out of here with that shyt. This argument is dumb as shyt because of the inability of this dude to grasp a simple fukking concept. fukk all that don't try to say we're talking bout the same thing. Admit you have no idea what is going on and we're good bruh.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
It's you that's not understanding the concept of releasing extra content for a game thats already out, for 10$ or so and how that is different from creating 3 stand alone games that sell for full price each to tell the story of a game that was already released.

Nothing wrong with making the narratives of the three discs into standalone titles. Like I said, no one knows exactly what they will do or what they will add. As far as I can tell, fully fleshing out the lore to match up with what we know about the mythos today makes sense to spread it out.

Final fantasy 13 was never meant to be a trilogy, the sequels came as a cash grab after the success, the same way ff10-2 was never planned but squareEnix saw an opportunity to cashout. Same thing with crisis core, that shyt was never in the plans during the making of ff7. Why are you acting like they haven't been doing this shyt for a while now.

Because this game makes sense to do that if done correctly. If that is what you accuse them of doing. I don't believe it's a cash grab, if it were, it would have been smarter to release it during PS3's run with Advent Children hype. They could have gone on to 7-2 by now (which I believe they finally will do).

Xenosaga was planned from its inception to be a trilogy just like mass effect. And each game in the series played vastly different than the previous.

Mass Effect was never supposed to be a Trilogy. Bioware scrapped KOTOR and reskinned it as Mass Effect exclusive to Microsoft, and the shyt took off unexpectedly. It was a sleeper hit, no one had done a full on RPG with shooter mechanics before.

Demand made them go back for a sequel, which was matched the first one (both ATG games), but EA forced them to convolute the second half of Mass Effect 2 to set up a third one, which wasn't nearly in the same league as the other two.

Xenosaga was a single narrative game split up into three episodes. The narrative is not finished until you play all of them. There's conclusions to each one, but no finality until the last episode.

Final fantasy 7 is a game that already exist, that was sold as a single package as a stand alone game. They are taking that game and splitting it into 3 parts to maximize profits, they're probably gonna play the exact same way with the same game engine too.

That's already been proven to be false. The trailer shows that the game engine is completely different from the original. With FFVII it makes sense to make each disc a fully fleshed out, standalone episode.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Nah nah nah I'm not arguing with myself in the least fukk out of here with that shyt. This argument is dumb as shyt because of the inability of this dude to grasp a simple fukking concept. fukk all that don't try to say we're talking bout the same thing. Admit you have no idea what is going on and we're good bruh.

I know exactly what I'm talking about. Your groupie ass don't and Freddy White don't.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what:

I literally just beat that shyt not to long ago, how is it unplayable today?

It's less tedious than those bullshyt ass 30 minute fights against regular ass blob monsters and shyt in ff13

so basically you were garbage at ff13, takes you 30 minutes to beat blob monsters :mjlol:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I know exactly what I'm talking about. Your groupie ass don't and Freddy White don't.

Get told you have no idea what you're talking about by multiple people and still try to argue, brehs.

Fred.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Get told you have no idea what you're talking about by multiple people and still try to argue, brehs.

Fred.

As if multiple people speaking nonsense somehow makes them right. Multiple people think the Earth is flat in 2016.

Like I said, it's ok to be wrong. There's always someone smarter out there in the world...

Fred.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Nothing wrong with making the narratives of the three discs into standalone titles. Like I said, no one knows exactly what they will do or what they will add. As far as I can tell, fully fleshing out the lore to match up with what we know about the mythos today makes sense to spread it out.
Ok if your fine with that then good, but don't try to compare it to the witcher 3 having dlc like it's the same thing when it's not.
Because this game makes sense to do that if done correctly. If that is what you accuse them of doing. I don't believe it's a cash grab, if it were, it would have been smarter to release it during PS3's run with Advent Children hype. They could have gone on to 7-2 by now (which I believe they finally will do).
Ok, if you believe that then fine, but I'm gonna judge them for the spineless shell of a company that they've become. Going by their recent lack luster ass games, I won't hold my breath that this will be some amazing experience. If it is then great.
Mass Effect was never supposed to be a Trilogy. Bioware scrapped KOTOR and reskinned it as Mass Effect exclusive to Microsoft, and the shyt took off unexpectedly. It was a sleeper hit, no one had done a full on RPG with shooter mechanics before.

Demand made them go back for a sequel, which was matched the first one (both ATG games), but EA forced them to convolute the second half of Mass Effect 2 to set up a third one, which wasn't nearly in the same league as the other two.

Xenosaga was a single narrative game split up into three episodes. The narrative is not finished until you play all of them. There's conclusions to each one, but no finality until the last episode.
Mass Effect was always marketed as a trilogy from the very beginning, the story was set up for a triloy, can you post proof that it wasnt?
That's already been proven to be false. The trailer shows that the game engine is completely different from the original. With FFVII it makes sense to make each disc a fully fleshed out, standalone episode.
I mean each episode will most likely have the same gameplay with the same engine, which is different than xenosaga which had three games that changed the gameplay with each release.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Ok if your fine with that then good, but don't try to compare it to the witcher 3 having dlc like it's the same thing when it's not.

It is the same. Like you said, "cash grab". But you're right, it's not exactly the same. What Square is doing is better.

Ok, if you believe that then fine, but I'm gonna judge them for the spineless shell of a company that they've become. Going by their recent lack luster ass games, I won't hold my breath that this will be some amazing experience. If it is then great.

Mass Effect was always marketed as a trilogy from the very beginning, the story was set up for a triloy, can you post proof that it wasnt?

This is too funny! A game that wasn't even supposed to exist (a scrapped KOTOR sequel that was saved by Microsoft) was somehow planned to be a trilogy? LMFAO! You can't make this shyt up.

I mean each episode will most likely have the same gameplay with the same engine, which is different than xenosaga which had three games that changed the gameplay with each release.

Square is changing the gameplay from the OG to the modern one, don't know about changing the gameplay from episode to episode, I don't see the point in that. I used Xenosaga primarily to prove my point that it's been done before, and if done well shouldn't be a problem and on the contrary, could wind up better than a simple graphical update.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
It is the same. Like you said, "cash grab". But you're right, it's not exactly the same. What Square is doing is better.
:snoop:

No its not, dlc that adds extra content to an existing game for 10$ isn't the same as splitting a already existing game into 3 parts and selling each for 60$

If the witcher 3 released separate standalone games that were 15-20 hours each for full price, then it would be the same. I'm not gonna argue with you about if square Enix has a better idea or not but what the witcher 3 did and what they're doing are not even close to the same thing

This is too funny! A game that wasn't even supposed to exist (a scrapped KOTOR sequel that was saved by Microsoft) was somehow planned to be a trilogy? LMFAO! You can't make this shyt up.
Again, can you post proof of this?
I know very early KOTOR was killed off and they made mass effect with what they had but the story was drastically changed and the game was billed as a trilogy even before the first game was released. The story of these games were planned from the beginning, it was mass effect 3 that had the ending changed at the last minute. The developers had a plan to how they would end the trilogy when they released me1
Square is changing the gameplay from the OG to the modern one, don't know about changing the gameplay from episode to episode, I don't see the point in that. I used Xenosaga primarily to prove my point that it's been done before, and if done well shouldn't be a problem and on the contrary, could wind up better than a simple graphical update.
And again, each xenosaga game was released with updated graphics and gameplay. They took time to make each game feel different from each other. They didn't make one game and split it into 3 parts.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
so basically you were garbage at ff13, takes you 30 minutes to beat blob monsters :mjlol:
I was exaggerating, but yeah I think 13 had a very tedious battle system, you had to do the right attacks at the right moments to fill the stagger gauge and there was also a lot of bullshyt paragraph changing. Change to your healing formation, now quickly change to your attack formation, now change to your spells, juggling etc.

shyt was just tedious as fukk imo. Maybe I just sucked like you said, but then again I didn't find the game hard at all, shyt just felt like a chore to me. Ff12 had a much better battle system.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
:snoop:

No its not, dlc that adds extra content to an existing game for 10$ isn't the same as splitting a already existing game into 3 parts and selling each for 60$

If the witcher 3 released separate standalone games that were 15-20 hours each for full price, then it would be the same. I'm not gonna argue with you about if square Enix has a better idea or not but what the witcher 3 did and what they're doing are not even close to the same thing

It's the same thing. Witcher 3's DLC doubled the length of the game and could have been added to the main storyline. It's the same "cash grab" everyone is bytching about.

I know very early KOTOR was killed off and they made mass effect with what they had but the story was drastically changed and the game was billed as a trilogy even before the first game was released. The story of these games were planned from the beginning, it was mass effect 3 that had the ending changed at the last minute. The developers had a plan to how they would end the trilogy when they released me1

Google it yourself.

Of course the story and shyt was changed, we're talking about a Star Wars game here. And again no, it was NEVER billed as a trilogy or hinted that that would be the case until EA took over as publisher half-way through development of the second one.

Please stop talking to talk. You have no proof of anything you're saying yet you're debating? This is a fact, ME was a standalone title that was nearly scrapped. There were ZERO plans of a sequel to what was supposed to be Knights Of The Old Republic. Success motivated a sequel and EA took it from there. ME3 ending was the way it was because the developers didn't know where else to go. The story had went to shyt from what it was in the first one. EA forcing the sequel to tie into the third one crippled the end product.

And again, each xenosaga game was released with updated graphics and gameplay. They took time to make each game feel different from each other. They didn't make one game and split it into 3 parts.

Nope. One singular narrative split up into three episodes that dropped years from each other for full price. Same exact thing here.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
It's the same thing. Witcher 3's DLC doubled the length of the game and could have been added to the main storyline. It's the same "cash grab" everyone is bytching about
Why does it matter how long the dlc is? It's just extra shyt the developers created to extend the life of the game, they didn't create the game with the idea that you needed the dlc to finish the story. The game is complete as is.

Google it yourself.

Of course the story and shyt was changed, we're talking about a Star Wars game here. And again no, it was NEVER billed as a trilogy or hinted that that would be the case until EA took over as publisher half-way through development of the second one.

Please stop talking to talk. You have no proof of anything you're saying yet you're debating? This is a fact, ME was a standalone title that was nearly scrapped. There were ZERO plans of a sequel to what was supposed to be Knights Of The Old Republic. Success motivated a sequel and EA took it from there. ME3 ending was the way it was because the developers didn't know where else to go. The story had went to shyt from what it was in the first one. EA forcing the sequel to tie into the third one crippled the end product.
I did Google it. I didn't find anything stating that mass effect was originally designed as a standalone title.

"The Mass Effect series was originally conceived as a trilogy, but EA has confirmed that Mass Effect "will be a franchise for [EA] for a very long time" indicating that the franchise may extend beyond the planned trilogy"

They even hyped up the decisions you made in the first game as ones that would carry on to the sequels. All this was part of the marketing behind the first mass effect.

And the mass effect 3 had the ending changed by suits without involvement of the writers, but they did have a ending planned

Can you post proof stating otherwise?
Nope. One singular narrative split up into three episodes that dropped years from each other for full price. Same exact thing here.

So your telling me the all three xenosaga games have the exact same gameplay and the exact same graphics with the only change being the story progression.

If I go look up old videos and reviews, these games will look identical is what your saying.

These games look very different than each other breh. What are you talking about?

Last edited:

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Why does it matter how long the dlc is? It's just extra shyt the developers created to extend the life of the game, they didn't create the game with the idea that you needed the dlc to finish the story. The game is complete as is.

Exactly. So if that's not a "cash grab" how can you hate on a game that Square is trying to create in a way that satisfies the fans? Who cares about the adhd casuals who what a graphics update and nothing more? If Square does this right it can be way better than the former idea.

I did Google it. I didn't find anything stating that mass effect was originally designed as a standalone title.

"The Mass Effect series was originally conceived as a trilogy, but EA has confirmed that Mass Effect "will be a franchise for [EA] for a very long time" indicating that the franchise may extend beyond the planned trilogy"

This is why history is a subject in school. I remember Mass Effect when it first dropped clear as day. What they were saying about it over a decade ago and now are completely different. Go back and look up old IGN articles on their website on the game, it was not hyped as a game that would have three from the gate and no one knew at the time how it would be received. Once it was championed as one of the best RPG's ever, then EA came swooping in and it became a series.

They even hyped up the decisions you made in the first game as ones that would carry on to the sequels. All this was part of the marketing behind the first mass effect.

That's once they started developing the sequels.

And the mass effect 3 had the ending changed by suits without involvement of the writers, but they did have a ending planned

Can you post proof stating otherwise?

So your telling me the all three xenosaga games have the exact same gameplay and the exact same graphics with the only change being the story progression.

If I go look up old videos and reviews, these games will look identical is what your saying.

These games look very different than each other breh. What are you talking about?

I never stated that. Where did I state that?

Xenosaga had a single ultimate narrative that didn't reach finality until the last episode, much in the same way FFVII is being touted as doing. My point is, what's the difference now that everyone is whining about it? Xenosaga could have arguable been on one disc or one package also.