Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

Daps
Reppin
Canada
bydhzbqgn5p11s3x0sqh.gif

I'm upset.:upsetfavre: Episode length better be disc based. That's the only way it would make sense.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
This episodic deal pretty much assures it won't be the same game we loved. The game is already pretty linear for the most part but when it's broken up into episodes it will be literally impossible to go places out of sequence. I wouldn't be surprised if large chunks of the game are outright cut and they just have releases such as "Midgar Episode", "Cosmo Canyon Episode", "Wutai Episode", etc.....

They may eliminate the world map and remove the ability to backtrack once you complete an episode.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If the above tweet is true, it's nothing to be concerned about. The "remake" would get additional story stuff told sort of like how FFXIII has three games in the series.
Nah, that's not what that tweet says. And I still wouldn't want to buy multiple games to get the full ff7 story.

Why the fukk can't they just leave it alone:why:

Daps
Reppin
Canada
This episodic deal pretty much assures it won't be the same game we loved. The game is already pretty linear for the most part but when it's broken up into episodes it will be literally impossible to go places out of sequence. I wouldn't be surprised if large chunks of the game are outright cut and they just have releases such as "Midgard Episode", "Cosmo Canyon Episode", "Wutai Episode", etc.....

Nah the discs were pretty open despite it being separated. And your idea is pretty much suicide, that was the main complaint in XIII, there wasn't enough towns that were accessible.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If the above tweet is true, it's nothing to be concerned about. The "remake" would get additional story stuff told sort of like how FFXIII has three games in the series.

They said split into "several" parts though.

I don't understand why they couldn't just finish the game, then release it. I realize Square ain't been doing too well lately but this just reeks of desperation.

Fred.

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
Not sure what they mean, unless they're talking specifically about turn based vs real time action. And they got good reason to be worried, the last time Square tried to mix action elements into "FF7" was "Dirge Of Cerberus", and it was straight :trash:

I'm just :dead: that the board is talking about nobody likes turn based combat when this is the best selling game in the entire "FF" series, and sold 1 mil in 2015, 18 years after it came out.

Fred.

Dirge of Cerberus was such a damn disappointment. :francis:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah, that's not what that tweet says. And I still wouldn't want to buy multiple games to get the full ff7 story.

Why the fukk can't they just leave it alone:why:

They said split into "several" parts though.

I don't understand why they couldn't just finish the game, then release it. I realize Square ain't been doing too well lately but this just reeks of desperation.

Fred.

lalalala.gif

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Nah the discs were pretty open despite it being separated. And your idea is pretty much suicide, that was the main complaint in XIII, there wasn't enough towns that were accessible.

Once you were able to see the over world it seemed open but you definitely had to follow a specific path for quite a while. There were lots of mountains and bodies of water you couldn't cross so you were funneled to that town near the beach then eventually through Cosmo Canyon. You didn't meet Cid and get the airship for a very long time.

Last edited: