Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That is one aspect they should leave in the past. That shyt was dated back in '97.

Fred.
I understand it in the past but how would it work in this one?? Will there be areas where enemies will be visibly on the map and then running into them will trigger a flash to a battle screen where the map is larger and you can fight??

I can't imagine how they'll do it like FFXV since that game was designed around that. Whereas this is a remake so i'm not sure how they'll change it.

Action Mike

All praise..
Daps
Breh what is there to be explained?

How can you see this:
tumblr_nywdy3Hr4N1sjbtwdo3_500.gif

tumblr_nywdy3Hr4N1sjbtwdo6_500.gif

Y8Iqw1V.jpg

When the original was like this:

36908-Final_Fantasy_VII_[NTSC-U]_[Disc1of3]-6.jpg

:mindblown:

What is there to ask? It's practically a new game.

It's like seeing Super Mario World being remade in 3d and asking what's different.

If Metal Gear was remade with the Fox engine would you say"its just a prettier game"?

:blessed::blessed:first day cop

brehs really here disappointed like ff7 was some tactical gwad game :mjlol:

its was a goat rpg, not ff tactics

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
wtfmanzxf_zpslnyho0mw.png

Some of you fools cannot read, at all.

Dude I quoted said "FF7" was known for it's story and characters, not it's turn based combat.

I posted a preview from '97 that said the story and characters fell apart, while the combat system shined. I can post several more articles from '97 or saying the same thing.

How that turned into "'FF7' is a super strategic skill based game", I have no idea. Literally nobody said anything like that.

Fred.

That wasn't directed to you specifically, I was speaking in general because I've seen a lot of people complain about how they're not going to be able to be strategic anymore. When really, it was the most straight-forward battle system to that point in time.

Now, if we're talking the Junction System in FFVIII, on the other hand... :mjpls:

If anything, the remake may be even more strategic. :yeshrug:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That wasn't directed to you specifically, I was speaking in general because I've seen a lot of people complain about how they're not going to be able to be strategic anymore. When really, it was the most straight-forward battle system to that point in time.

Not sure what they mean, unless they're talking specifically about turn based vs real time action. And they got good reason to be worried, the last time Square tried to mix action elements into "FF7" was "Dirge Of Cerberus", and it was straight :trash:

I'm just :dead: that the board is talking about nobody likes turn based combat when this is the best selling game in the entire "FF" series, and sold 1 mil in 2015, 18 years after it came out.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I understand it in the past but how would it work in this one?? Will there be areas where enemies will be visibly on the map and then running into them will trigger a flash to a battle screen where the map is larger and you can fight??

I can't imagine how they'll do it like FFXV since that game was designed around that. Whereas this is a remake so i'm not sure how they'll change it.

It might be like "FFXII":

Final Fantasy XII - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The elimination of "Random encounters", started in Final Fantasy XI continues in Final Fantasy XII; the previously common transition to a separate battle screen is absent. Instead, enemies are visible in the overworld area before an engagement and the player may choose to fight or avoid them. Battles unfold in real time, using a system called "Active Dimension Battle" (ADB). A battle begins when the party comes within range of an aggressive enemy, if the party attacks an enemy, or if a story event initiates a confrontation. When a character or enemy begins to perform an action, target lines connect characters to other party members or enemies; different colors represent the type of action. The player may swap to and issue commands to any of the three characters in the battle party at will; however, guest characters are controlled by the game's artificial intelligence. Battle commands are initiated through a series of menus, and include Attack, Magicks & Technicks, Mist, Gambits, and Items. The player may switch any active character with an inactive character at any time, unless the active character is targeted by an attack or ability. Characters who are knocked out may also be substituted.

A new feature in Final Fantasy XII is the "gambit" system, which allows the player to program each character to perform certain commands in battle in response to specified conditions. Using gambits, the player may set reactions to different stimuli for each character. Each gambit consists of three parts: a target, an action, and a priority. The target specifies which ally or foe to act on and the condition for applying the action. For example, the target "Ally: HP < 70%" causes the character to target any ally whose hit points have fallen below 70%. The action is the command to be performed on the target. The priority determines which gambit to perform when multiple gambits are triggered. These heuristics guide the characters when acting autonomously, though player-directed commands are always given top priority.

It was an ok system. My only complaint was the game was too similar to "FFXI", which I had been playing for years at that point.

Fred.

illadope

きんが
Daps
:krs: this port looks good!! I don't like the lil cheat mode but thank god it's optional.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
If you played Crisis Core and the Kingdom Hearts games, you should already have an idea on how the gameplay and enemy encounters will be. I feel like it will be pretty close to that.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I still can't believe this game is really being remade. :mjcry:

shyt is like a dream come true and I ain't even FINISH FFVII :wow:.
I would have preferred remakes of VI, VIII, or IX over VII but I'll take it. Hopefully they update the story and put characters like Genesis and Cissnei in it.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lol Kojima had passed the word years ago.

Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima, Square Enix producer/artist Tetsuya Nomura, Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada and Metal Gear art director Yoji Shinkawa had dinner earlier today.

What did they talk about?

According to Kojima, they talked about a Final Fantasy VII remake! After Kojima Tweeted that he was in a dinner meeting with the three, a follower asked that he tell Nomura to remake FFVII. "I passed it along," replied Kojima.

He was probably joking. Or was he?

Other things Kojima said he passed along are "Hurry up and release Kingdom Hearts 3D," "I know it's tough for Square Enix, but you can do it!" and "Tell Wada I'm waiting for Seiken Densetsu/Secret of Mana 5." Kojima did not pass along the message "I'm looking forward to the new Zelda game" that someone for some reason asked him to mention.

Kojima passed along one message without his followers' suggestion: he told Tetsuya Nomura to get a Twitter account.

While the actual topics of conversation during the meeting are probably secret (they may have just been having a friendly dinner -- it happens sometimes), we do know what was on the menu. According to Yoichi Wada's Twitter, two people had cola while two people had alcohol.

This from 2011 btw.
:wow: