Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
different games, you gotta tell us more of what ur into. ive played both. FF16 is more streamlined, Euro, and bloodier, FF7R is more JRPG oriented and clicks more with fans of anime. I will say both have filler side quests, although the stories for som of 16's side quests outshine 7 remakes
I like the more mature tone of xvi. Cause it kinda reminds me of berserk. But i don't mind the goofy animeness of 7 remake

Heard that xvi is more dmc inspired. Curious how in depth the combat system is. Especially compared to the hybrid system of the ff7 remake

And are they about the same in terms of game length. Know jrpg's kinda depend on the player and their degree of completion, but what's a rough estimate for both

And how does xvi deliver on the story and tone? Is it mature in terms of strong storytelling and pacing or "mature" as in overindulgent swearing, sex and violence without any substance?

Cause I'm not sure what to expect from square :patrice:

I dont think I'll enjoy ff 7 remakes story much. Seems mellowdramatic with some weird voice acting from what I've seen. Is it better once you actually play through it? Or bearable enough to play through until you can get to the gameplay?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I like the more mature tone of xvi. Cause it kinda reminds me of berserk. But i don't mind the goofy animeness of 7 remake

Heard that xvi is more dmc inspired. Curious how in depth the combat system is. Especially compared to the hybrid system of the ff7 remake

And are they about the same in terms of game length. Know jrpg's kinda depend on the player and their degree of completion, but what's a rough estimate for both

And how does xvi deliver on the story and tone? Is it mature in terms of strong storytelling and pacing or "mature" as in overindulgent swearing, sex and violence without any substance?

I dont think I'll enjoy ff 7 remakes story much. Seems mellowdramatic with some weird voice acting from what I've seen. Is it better once you actually play through it? Or bearable enough to play through until you can get to the gameplay?

A lot of the appeal from 7 remake comes from nostalgia for the original. The best moments in the game are from the OG version. The sidequest and extra missions are all kind of bleh.

FF7 is more rated teen cyberpunk anime, with all the classic jrpg and anime tropes. FFXVI is western inspired more along the lines of witcher, berserk, elden ring, you can still tell its japanese though. Its a lot more mature, the writing, dialogue, and tone is darker. If you’re looking for somethign that is a bit more rpg orientated (a lot of gear, weapons, party members, command menus) you’re gonna want 7.

If you want something more straight forward with fun action combat and insane cutscenes then you’re gonna want 16. VII has big cutscenes also but the stuff that rivals 16 is mostly just at the end

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

I’ll NEVER understand the appeal of Berserk aka The Rape Anime

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’ll NEVER understand the appeal of Berserk aka The Rape Anime

It’s fantasy that isn’t borrowing heavy from Tolkien. The world feels dangerous and horrifying which makes sense.

Never added up in other fantasy how there are behemoths and dragons wandering around and everyone acts like it’s no big deal.

It’s why berserk spawned so many copycats.

The rape stuff just feels like 90’s edgelord stuff though

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
Cloud IS a child, most of FFVII is pretty much about how dysfunctional he is; and why he is that way. This was his way of comforting her because he literally does not know any better, so you're not wrong - this is intentional.

You can see a similar reaction when Tifa breaks down crying about what Shinra did to Nibelheim, he has no idea how to react to this (her optional scene in Aerith's garden):

I don't know if I call that childish. I certainly would call it emotionally unavailable.

Dysfunctional? Sure.

Unhealthy? Yeah.

There was a time, up to fairly recently actually, where society dictated that men repress emotions and should stunt sensitivity to a point where they quite literally don't know how to really comfort someone.

They might tell someone just to get over it. Maybe try to buy them something to try to make up for it. Im 37 and the men that came before me were like that. Hell, I'm somewhat like that.

Nowadays, it's considered toxic masculinity but that was the norm. Factor in, Cloud is a military man and written by Japanese men. A culture who doesnt generally say, "I love you", to one another. Where people in general are supposed to be more reserved.

It's shown through actions. What better action can a man like Cloud show his love for Aerith than to kill her murderer? Avenge her? Keep in mind this is in the context of a video game.

Now the pizza part definitely shows a mental disconnect from reality. We all know Cloud has pretty severe mental health problems.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Finished Crisis core reunion
Doing another playthrough with the ps5 upgrades before the next one
shyt looks nice on my portal :banderas:
Doing it on hard since I only played it once before(on ps4)
That fukking dog WAS HARD AS HELL :damn:
Man this game so fukking :banderas: expectations were exceeded back then and still is

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Do, does this tell the entire story of the original game?

And the one coming out this year is a continuation of the story?

I’m confused as fukk.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Do, does this tell the entire story of the original game?

And the one coming out this year is a continuation of the story?

I’m confused as fukk.
No, there are going to be 3 games to tell the whole story.

Some people don’t like it, but when they all come out, imma play all the games back to back with Crisis Core.

:blessed: :blessed: