Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It’s a game you goof
Telling a dying person they owe you a pizza sounds like something a child would say. She just laughed at his stupid as in response. Such a selfish dikk move. You can't even offer her comfort in her final moments just thinking about what she can do for you.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Telling a dying person they owe you a pizza sounds like something a child would say. She just laughed at his stupid as in response. Such a selfish dikk move. You can't even offer her comfort in her final moments just thinking about what she can do for you.

She’s alive bro. They all are.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
The writing in this game was atrocious, and I'm tired of pretending it wasn't.

I'm not even mad about the pizza bit :yeshrug:

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
The writing in this game was atrocious, and I'm tired of pretending it wasn't.

I'm not even mad about the pizza bit :yeshrug:
i had to uninstall. the dialogue and voice acting was so bad. :mjlol:this type of shyt reminds y i stopped playing these traditional jrpgs

Last edited:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Cloud IS a child, most of FFVII is pretty much about how dysfunctional he is; and why he is that way. This was his way of comforting her because he literally does not know any better, so you're not wrong - this is intentional.

You can see a similar reaction when Tifa breaks down crying about what Shinra did to Nibelheim, he has no idea how to react to this (her optional scene in Aerith's garden):

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Cloud IS a child, most of FFVII is pretty much about how dysfunctional he is; and why he is that way. This was his way of comforting her because he literally does not know any better, so you're not wrong - this is intentional.

You can see a similar reaction when Tifa breaks down crying about what Shinra did to Nibelheim, he has no idea how to react to this (her optional scene in Aerith's garden):

He’s not a child at all. I’m not saying he’s a functional emotionally healthy adult but he’s old enough to understand a person in such a situation needs to be comforted. I say that’s something a child would say because a child doesn’t really understand what’s going on. Cloud does. He’s just such an a$$hole that he can only see the situation through his eyes and can’t empathize with her.

Dude is just so unlikable. He’s worse than Squall who was just a big baby lashing out or Lightning who became a hardass to survive in a tough world.

He never really changes. Even in Advent Children he’s still the same emotionally stunted person.

FFIX gets bonus credit just for having Zidane not be an emotional invalid.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
He’s not a child at all. I’m not saying he’s a functional emotionally healthy adult but he’s old enough to understand a person in such a situation needs to be comforted. I say that’s something a child would say because a child doesn’t really understand what’s going on. Cloud does. He’s just such an a$$hole that he can only see the situation through his eyes and can’t empathize with her.

Dude is just so unlikable. He’s worse than Squall who was just a big baby lashing out or Lightning who became a hardass to survive in a tough world.

He never really changes. Even in Advent Children he’s still the same emotionally stunted person.
If you think it's about him being an a$$hole rather than the fact that he never developed beyond 16 years old and has developed all kinds of psychological traumas.... well then you missed the point. What you call "just being an a$$hole" is 100% intentionally showcasing his stunted development.

He comes to terms with it in AC, which adds the baggage of his guilt over having failed to save Aerith/Zack and having attacked Aerith.

b3c45a74e6996ac667739e150770127bcb8f14aa.jpg

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
If you think it's about him being an a$$hole rather than the fact that he never developed beyond 16 years old and has developed all kinds of psychological traumas.... well then you missed the point. What you call "just being an a$$hole" is 100% intentionally showcasing his stunted development.

He comes to terms with it in AC, which adds the baggage of his guilt over having failed to save Aerith/Zack and having attacked Aerith.

b3c45a74e6996ac667739e150770127bcb8f14aa.jpg
Yeah I'm playing through the remake now and Cloud definitely comes off as a kid trying to act out what he thinks cool is

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I can't believe how they butchered One Winged Angel in this.

There was already a perfect remix.

that was a shyt movie that had some good cuts on the soundtrack. this was my personal favorite.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Barret is my healer/tank. He's super useful for enemies that have big hard hitting but quick attacks. Aerith is too fragile sometimes. I'ma have some real issues in part 2 when we get Cid, Red, Yuffie (who's way better now) and Vincent.
I slapped lightning onto his attributes for the airbuster fight and had him shoot away

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm looking at this and xvi right now. Which one should I buy, brehs? :patrice:
different games, you gotta tell us more of what ur into. ive played both. FF16 is more streamlined, Euro, and bloodier, FF7R is more JRPG oriented and clicks more with fans of anime. I will say both have filler side quests, although the stories for som of 16's side quests outshine 7 remakes