Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
The lesson to be learned from this is that Trilogies are not feasible in AAA gaming anymore.

Like Cory Barlog said in regards to ending God of War’s Norse Mythology storyline in the next game. They basically didn’t want the story to take 12 years to finish for them. Each game takes 4-5 years to make now. Even reusing some assets and animation and building it on the same engine, development times are just getting longer.

Each game you release is gonna be a generation apart almost and by the time you get to the 3rd game you’re already remaking/remastering the first game again,
Honestly it never occurred to me these games stretch that long when it comes to trilogies

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Anybody else worried about where Nomura is takin this storyline? Enjoyed part one but the tweaks with the spirits, zack revised story, etc got me worried dude gonna go full Kingdom Hearts nonsense.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You ain’t the only one. I’m pretty much done with KH after 3
Same. They wrapped up the xehanort storyline, n despite that extra scene with the black box, i got no desire to play further. The story arc from my childhood concluded n i dont care no more. Hideo Kojima couldnt create a more convoluted narrative.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Same. They wrapped up the xehanort storyline, n despite that extra scene with the black box, i got no desire to play further. The story arc from my childhood concluded n i dont care no more. Hideo Kojima couldnt create a more convoluted narrative.

I was really only in it for the fan service. It seems inbetween 2 and 3 the series just took on a life of its own and seeing the way people went crazy for Sora probably means it really has outgrown the tie-ins. I can only imagine when he really starts tying the versus 13/versumbRex stuff in.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
The lesson to be learned from this is that Trilogies are not feasible in AAA gaming anymore.

Like Cory Barlog said in regards to ending God of War’s Norse Mythology storyline in the next game. They basically didn’t want the story to take 12 years to finish for them. Each game takes 4-5 years to make now. Even reusing some assets and animation and building it on the same engine, development times are just getting longer.

Each game you release is gonna be a generation apart almost and by the time you get to the 3rd game you’re already remaking/remastering the first game again,

There is a reason I kept saying they should support this game post release with DLC and story chapters, we should of had a Red XIII DLC a Cait Sith DLC by now. Intergrade should of been about them getting to Calm, the flashback, fighting fhe Midgar Zolom and then getting to Junon, not introducing Yuffie early. Why the hell are they gonna stretch this out over three games? That is gonna take an obscene amount of time.

The only reason I can see why they didn't is because they wanted to make the next game a current gen only game and say fukk the ps4 and xb1... if xbox ever gets this game.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Lucky for me I have no fukking clue what is going up on those games, I gave up on the story decades ago so as long as the gameplay remains fun and they takes us to some fun disney/marvel/ start wars worlds I'm still on board with the series.

Ghetto Denizen

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Anybody else worried about where Nomura is takin this storyline? Enjoyed part one but the tweaks with the spirits, zack revised story, etc got me worried dude gonna go full Kingdom Hearts nonsense.
Facts, that last 30 minutes of the game pretty much confirmed the story is going to be some incoherent goofiness.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
There's still potential.

If you watched Advent Children then the end of Remake isn't that crazy. It's just the next step of Sephiroth fukking with the lifestream.

They're walking a tightrope though, for sure. I have faith, even moreso after Intermission and the Aerith/Tifa novel that dropped.

The whispers were arguably already in the OG, they just re-envisioned how "the will of the planet" looks/works a bit. I think the Zack thing is a red herring and will end up:
being him after death in the lifestream. We've already seen that he's somewhat consciously living there in Advent Children.

The OG ends with Aerith appearing after death. I think Zacks new story will lead up to this. We'll play mostly the OG with Cloud and Zack will be in the lifestream with Aerith, also leading to the end of the OG.