Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Can you brehs just imagine the motorcycle fight racing out of midgar being redone.:banderas:

This game had so many piff moments I can't wait to see how they recreate them.

And to the people complaining about the battle system not being turn based can.:camby: Its a remake if you wanted the same damn game just with upscaled graphis then play that pc port.
Is it not turn based? It still looked turn base you can see the action bar where you can select attack, if it was kingdom hearts style wouldn't attack just be a button? To me it looked turn based but the fights look more cinematic

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"I can’t say the new game is completely action-based, but it has more of that element and real-time than the previous game."

However, what makes Final Fantasy and RPG different from other games is that the players have the ability to choose weapons, capabilities and magic to be strategic minded, so while the new game has more real-time element, it will also maintain that strategy building element, balancing these two factors perfectly to enhance the gaming experience."

“The game is still in development, and we have not fully grasped all the abilities of and upgrades made to PlayStation 4. The graphics are superb on PlayStation 4, and more polygon volume is available to make it better.

“The way we harnessed the power of the PlayStation 4 was to maintain the graphic quality of characters like Cloud, Tifa, and Aerith in the movie called Advent Children in our game, and this was the starting point. So, what we’re aiming for with the Final Fantasy VII Remake is to have the same quality of these characters in real-time while playing the game, and this is only achievable with PlayStation 4.”

:sas2:

Shots fired

Daps
Reppin
Canada
"I can’t say the new game is completely action-based, but it has more of that element and real-time than the previous game."

However, what makes Final Fantasy and RPG different from other games is that the players have the ability to choose weapons, capabilities and magic to be strategic minded, so while the new game has more real-time element, it will also maintain that strategy building element, balancing these two factors perfectly to enhance the gaming experience."

“The game is still in development, and we have not fully grasped all the abilities of and upgrades made to PlayStation 4. The graphics are superb on PlayStation 4, and more polygon volume is available to make it better.

“The way we harnessed the power of the PlayStation 4 was to maintain the graphic quality of characters like Cloud, Tifa, and Aerith in the movie called Advent Children in our game, and this was the starting point. So, what we’re aiming for with the Final Fantasy VII Remake is to have the same quality of these characters in real-time while playing the game, and this is only achievable with PlayStation 4.”

Shots fired
:banderas:

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Is it not turn based? It still looked turn base you can see the action bar where you can select attack, if it was kingdom hearts style wouldn't attack just be a button? To me it looked turn based but the fights look more cinematic

shyt looked real time to me:yeshrug: I don't know how much control you have but it looks like you can freely move around the battle field while you fight.Maybe they'll be a cool down when you use certain attacks I don't know they haven't elaborated on the specifics of the battle system.

I just read an interview of them today saying they are taking a real time approach but will still have strategic elements but it seems like they are heading in a direction to make it more actiony.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
I'm :dead: at "people didn't love the game play" but played the game for 60 hours.

Mind you, every major gaming publication was raving about the game play in the Japanese version, before they couldn't even understand the story.

Did people love the characters and world? Yes of course.....but the story was a jumbled mess, like most JRPGs. It's not "The Witcher 3" in terms of writing.

The game was monumental because it was the first traditional turn based RPG to really hit on a mainstream level.

Like @Fatboi1 said it seems like people are more in love with the idea of "FF7" than the actual game.

Fred.
I said "don't" not "didn't" love it. As in people currently don't love it because they prob never played the original. They just geeked because Cloud is it it:ld:
Im agreeing with you :ld:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim

Shots fired
Where is that from?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

Shots fired

:leon: well damn...

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I said "don't" not "didn't" love it. As in people currently don't love it because they prob never played the original. They just geeked because Cloud is it it:ld:
Im agreeing with you :ld:

Ok my bad. What confused me is you said:

Never has FF7 been talked about for having great turnbased mechanics.

Which is :dahell: because one of the first American previews of the game focused squarely on the combat, and said the characters and story fall apart:

1_zpsac11bg2v.jpg

3_zpscn4p51em.jpg

2_zpsfkbg5cp0.jpg

And yeah, I still got gaming magazines from 20 years ago.:youngsabo:

Fred.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
shyt looked real time to me:yeshrug: I don't know how much control you have but it looks like you can freely move around the battle field while you fight.Maybe they'll be a cool down when you use certain attacks I don't know they haven't elaborated on the specifics of the battle system.

I just read an interview of them today saying they are taking a real time approach but will still have strategic elements but it seems like they are heading in a direction to make it more actiony.
Apparently nothing is confirmed. I see people saying it's a hybrid system between real-time and turn based and I see another that thinks it's like FFXV kingdomhearts style shyt. What makes me think that it's more turn based then it appears is that there is an option to select "attack". In FFXV you just slash like a hack and slash and can pick abilities, there was no need to click an attack option like the old turn based stuff.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Thanks ....will be passing on this

Not a fan of turnbase
apparently nothing is confirmed breh, i just did some research. some people think it's a mixture of kingdom hearts style and turn based, my theory is that it's turn based and that maybe you can run around during combat, but no one knows at this point.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
To me, if the combat isn't something akin to DMC or a P* game then they might as well leave it as turned based.

That inbetween shyt is annoying. Tried playing FF type-0 and I just hate the combat. Hopefully it's something better than that.

Either way, I'm playing this shyt day one:blessed: