Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Be a fan of the most famous RPG series in history and shyt on turn based combat, brehs.

And for the record :manny: if they change the combat, as long as the game is good. But it was an RPG, not an action RPG. I'm :dead: at people claiming to be such big fans of the original and not even caring if it's not the same genre.

Fred.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Be a fan of the most famous RPG series in history and shyt on turn based combat, brehs.

And for the record :manny: if they change the combat, as long as the game is good. But it was an RPG, not an action RPG. I'm :dead: at people claiming to be such big fans of the original and not even caring if it's not the same genre.

Fred.
:what:
Isn't that like... the same thing breh?

That's like going... "Kingdom Hearts is an action RPG, not an RPG."
It's still an RPG game.

The combat system being changed for a REMAKE...

It's FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE. The gameplay being different doesn't make it apart of a different genre. Besides, FFVII is old as hell now, people seriously expecting a brand new remake to be exactly the same as the old game were delusional.. especially seeing as how the original PC port for PS4 was announced. Real time battle isn't new to FF.

Last edited:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.

It is the same genre, just a different combat system.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Isn't that like... the same thing breh?

That's like going... "Kingdom Hearts is an action RPG, not an RPG."
It's still an RPG game.

The combat system being changed for a REMAKE...

It's FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE. The gameplay being different doesn't make it apart of a different genre.

It makes zero sense to take a traditional turn based RPG....one of the most popular ones of all time....and change the combat to real time.

I mean....if you guys didn't like the turn based combat what exactly did you like about the game play? That was 90% of the game.

It would be like remaking "Zelda: Ocarina Of Time" and the combat is turn based now. shyt is :what:

Seems like dudes never played the original, just heard about how it's a great game, and are gassed over the remake. Which is :manny: but it's puzzling to me because this is the game that put traditional RPGs on the map in the first place.

Fred.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It makes zero sense to take a traditional turn based RPG....one of the most popular ones of all time....and change the combat to real time.
I think it makes sense to do so for a remake. They've already done so with FFXV.(change the combat system)

I mean....if you guys didn't like the turn based combat what exactly did you like about the game play? That was 90% of the game.
Idk if you're pointing me out but I wasn't one of those "guys" who didn't like the ATB. I have no dog in this fight. I like FFVII and will play the OG version and remake and not be bothered one bit. The guys who don't like the ATB but will like this one are just new fans.

It would be like remaking "Zelda: Ocarina Of Time" and the combat is turn based now. shyt is :what:
:snoop:
That's a dumb comparison. Zelda is not an JRPG.

Real time combat and turn based combat are still part of the same genre. Zelda turning turn based is like saying imagine a RE game where they make the combat turn based. That would be a completely different genre.

Edit: I kind of see what you're saying.. but I don't think it's the same thing. The reason I say so is because we kind of already seen games in the same series with different combat systems and even real time so FFVII Remake going in that direction is not that much of a "what?" to some of us.

Seems like dudes never played the original, just heard about how it's a great game, and are gassed over the remake. Which is :manny: but it's puzzling to me because this is the game that put traditional RPGs on the map in the first place.
nah. It seems like some people are just fukking excited to play FFVII almost 20 years later after hearing of remakes for over a decade and it looking so good they don't care what the battle system is like.

Last edited:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim

Fred.
People don't love the gameplay, they love the characters and story. Sephiroth stabbing that chick is iconic. Never has FF7 been talked about for having great turnbased mechanics.:skip:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think it makes sense to do so for a remake. They've already done so with FFXV.

Idk why you're pointing me out but I wasn't one of those "guys" who didn't like the ATB. I have no dog in this fight. I like FFVII and will play the OG version and remake and not be bothered one bit. The guys who don't like the ATB but will like this one are just new fans.

:snoop:
That's a dumb comparison. Zelda is not an JRPG. Real time combat and turn based combat are still part of the same genre. Zelda turning turn based is like saying imagine a RE game where they make the combat turn based. That'd be a completely different genre.

nah. It seems like some people are just fukking excited to play FFVII almost 20 years later after hearing of remakes for over a decade and it looking so good they don't care what the battle system is like.

Breh if people liked "FF7"....but didn't like the turn based combat....what did they like about it?

That's the game. Literally the entire game.

That's like saying "I'm geeked for this 'Goldeneye' remake, but fukk FPS".

And hell....there's a lot of games that could be remade, and changed significantly. But it's wild ironic that the game that put traditional turn based RPGs on the map is losing a core aspect of what makes it a traditional RPG.

Fred.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh if people liked "FF7"....but didn't like the turn based combat....what did they like about it?
Idk who's saying they liked FF7 but don't like the turn based combat?? I'm not sure exactly who's saying that..

That's the game. Literally the entire game.

That's like saying "I'm geeked for this 'Goldeneye' remake, but fukk FPS".
There are people I know who don't like FPS yet like a particular game that's a FPS. :yeshrug:
And hell....there's a lot of games that could be remade, and changed significantly. But it's wild ironic that the game that put traditional turn based RPGs on the map is losing a core aspect of what makes it a traditional RPG.

Fred.
Idk. I guess there's something special about FF7 in that it's so iconic and the remake rumor has been lingering for so long that at this point people will take whatever comes. At this point, we're just glad we're getting one finally.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i must be an idiot but i saw the battle command menu, doesnt that mean its turn based? i havent playued any of the newer jrpgs

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
People don't love the gameplay, they love the characters and story. Sephiroth stabbing that chick is iconic. Never has FF7 been talked about for having great turnbased mechanics.:skip:

I'm :dead: at "people didn't love the game play" but played the game for 60 hours.

Mind you, every major gaming publication was raving about the game play in the Japanese version, before they couldn't even understand the story.

Did people love the characters and world? Yes of course.....but the story was a jumbled mess, like most JRPGs. It's not "The Witcher 3" in terms of writing.

The game was monumental because it was the first traditional turn based RPG to really hit on a mainstream level.

Like @Fatboi1 said it seems like people are more in love with the idea of "FF7" than the actual game.

Fred.