Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think it should be similar to how to original FF7 was, a wide linear experience(because that's what it was FF7 was NEVER open world until disc 3). Put the story on rails to a certain point and then open up for a period of time for side quests and character building. It really isn't rocket science the formula is already there.

FF7R could have been a wide linear experience, but they didn't do that for some reason. As much as I like this game I feel like they left A LOT of meat on the bone with Remake part 1.

People thought it would be an open world/sandbox midgar, and you could explore the other plates an all this stuff when it was announced lol

The only time you go to the upper plate is when you leave the factory after the bombing and when you go to Jessie’s house.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
You got one job to do, remake the game, stop adding unnecessary work and trouble to the ordeal, we got like 3 more games to go

I kind of disagree :yeshrug:

These guys have ALWAYS said that they have 0 interest in just retelling FF7 again, or any FF story for that matter. What they were waiting on is an angle that made it interesting for them as creators.

What they're doing is unifying the entire FF7 compilation, which it desperately needed. Nomura has always said that we should look carefully at the "Remake" title. And what we're seeing is Sephiroth and possibly Aerith literally remaking the events of the original through some afterlife shenanigans.

So far I fukks with it, even though I agree it's a risky path to take. Based on Remake 1 and now Intermission I actually get the idea that they know exactly what they're doing. The characterizations are so spot on that I'm all in.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
People thought it would be an open world/sandbox midgar, and you could explore the other plates an all this stuff when it was announced lol

The only time you go to the upper plate is when you leave the factory after the bombing and when you go to Jessie’s house.

That's what I mean, Midgar is a WHOLE ASS METROPOLIS, and we literally get to see like 10% of it. It's like bruh Midgar had SOOOO much wasted potential that they didn't even try to explore.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That's what I mean, Midgar is a WHOLE ASS METROPOLIS, and we literally get to see like 10% of it. It's like bruh Midgar had SOOOO much wasted potential that they didn't even try to explore.

Yeah i spent more time in the sewers and garage dumps than any actual city. We really didn’t get a better idea of what midgar is, from the day to day life, culture, tech, etc. They even kind of tease it with the intro cinematic of the kids riding bikes in the streets and the hustle and bustle.

So it’s like, they’re adding stuff but not stuff thats super interesting or builds on the stuff we know just more random quirky characters and ideas

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
yal are really overthinking the timeline bit

and come on. sonon was deathflagged the moment he appeared.

and if anyone dies in this new run - its tifa :mjlol:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Or cloud. He low key redundant with ol boy still alive
it took them damn near a decade just to give him a safe personality. the last thing they're gonna do with the face of a cash cow is kill him off

im honestly shocked tifa even survived part 1. everyone always gives nomura shyt - but nojima is the guy who wanted to kill off everyone you didn't take with you on the last mission in the original.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
it took them damn near a decade just to give him a safe personality. the last thing they're gonna do with the face of a cash cow is kill him off

im honestly shocked tifa even survived part 1. everyone always gives nomura shyt - but nojima is the guy who wanted to kill off everyone you didn't take with you on the last mission in the original.

Who has Nomura ever killed besides Noctis?

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
I can't believe the save data transfer process between PS4 and the 5.

The cloud storage wasn't good enough?

:mindblown:

Got me going back and forth between my 4 and 5.

:rudy:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I can't believe the save data transfer process between PS4 and the 5.

The cloud storage wasn't good enough?

:mindblown:

Got me going back and forth between my 4 and 5.

:rudy:

You dont have to go back and forth. Upload the save data to cloud, download the ps4 version and save date, go in, on the menu theres the option to transfer save, then go into the ps5 version and download the data.

It’s annoying but it shouldn’t take more than a few minutes

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
You dont have to go back and forth. Upload the save data to cloud, download the ps4 version and save date, go in, on the menu theres the option to transfer save, then go into the ps5 version and download the data.

It’s annoying but it shouldn’t take more than a few minutes

Yeah that is also ridiculous. Still had it on my 4 so I was going back and forth. Not going to wait for an 80gb game to download for a save.

Also, the time between launching the game and getting to the main menu on the PS4 is

:scust: status

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah that is also ridiculous. Still had it on my 4 so I was going back and forth. Not going to wait for an 80gb game to download for a save.

Also, the time between launching the game and getting to the main menu on the PS4 is

:scust: status

You dont gotta download the full game just enough to launch it with is like 10gb i think.