Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
The Nero fight might be the worst boss in the game :unimpressed:

He wasn't that bad. Think I got him on the 3rd try. I was starting the fights aggressive as hell and once I got some pressure on him, I synergized with Sonon for those double team Art of Wars to stagger him fast. Beat his ass into 2nd phase super quick. Keeping up health on those Soul Erosions was rough, but the second he gets pressured, I just Synergize and whoop that nikkas ass. :yeshrug:

Yuffie is so damn ridiculous and extra and I enjoy it. Plus her combat style is fun. Can't wait for a Tifa/Yuffie comp.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Goddamn hard mode will have random ass wolves murking you :picard:

Still can't get the top secrets, was hoping I could get em and then finish chapter 2 on Hard mode (already finished chapter 1 Hard) with the Gotterdammerungs but looks like I'll need to power up and come back for them. Only two trophies left before I plat this as well.

Just like with Remake, Hard mode justifies the teamwork. I barely needed Sonon in the normal mode but in hard you absolutely need the teamups.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
He wasn't that bad. Think I got him on the 3rd try. I was starting the fights aggressive as hell and once I got some pressure on him, I synergized with Sonon for those double team Art of Wars to stagger him fast. Beat his ass into 2nd phase super quick. Keeping up health on those Soul Erosions was rough, but the second he gets pressured, I just Synergize and whoop that nikkas ass. :yeshrug:

Yuffie is so damn ridiculous and extra and I enjoy it. Plus her combat style is fun. Can't wait for a Tifa/Yuffie comp.
its just a dumb fight. there's plenty of hard ones throughout the game:yeshrug:

you can't even see the attacks coming in the third form because everything is purple and there's almost no wind up. then the drain shyt? lol ight

yuffie had to be strong because she's basically carrying this. the synergy stuff looks like something to look forward to in the next game tho. loved that bit

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
its just a dumb fight. there's plenty of hard ones throughout the game:yeshrug:

you can't even see the attacks coming in the third form because everything is purple and there's almost no wind up. then the drain shyt? lol ight

yuffie had to be strong because she's basically carrying this. the synergy stuff looks like something to look forward to in the next game tho. loved that bit

Especially on hard mode when MP is already hard to come by :francis:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Man following up on my earlier post I'm now stuck at the Nero fight with like 30mp total :stopitslime:

Fukk

Better me than me :francis:

5 MP total for both characters. The third part of the Nero fight is what does me in. The DLC is so short that there's literally no suitable places to level up materia. Should have reduced the Fort Condor missions and added more simulation battles instead.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Better me than me :francis:

5 MP total for both characters. The third part of the Nero fight is what does me in. The DLC is so short that there's literally no suitable places to level up materia. Should have reduced the Fort Condor missions and added more simulation battles instead.

The simulator at the start of Chapter 2 is a good farming spot. Run through the first two challenges (or Top Secrets if you're up for it) and restart the chapter when your MP runs low :yeshrug:

That's what I'll have to do. I have to build up my PRAYER materias. That should do the trick to get to Nero with enough MP left in the tank, plus probably some MP/HP plusses.

Edit: I found a hack, don't think I've seen this anywhere else yet. Go to the simulator in chapter two, pick the second challenge against the Midgarian monsters. The first fight will be against like a dozen bugaboos -throw your shuriken and inmediately windstorm them and they'll die immediately netting you 30 AP. Immediately give up in the next fight and then rechallenge. Equip AP boosters and you can get 60/90 AP per battle.

It's boring as fukk but it's the best AP farmspot in the game...as far as I know.

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The simulator at the start of Chapter 2 is a good farming spot. Run through the first two challenges (or Top Secrets if you're up for it) and restart the chapter when your MP runs low :yeshrug:

That's what I'll have to do. I have to build up my PRAYER materias. That should do the trick to get to Nero with enough MP left in the tank, plus probably some MP/HP plusses.

Edit: I found a hack, don't think I've seen this anywhere else yet. Go to the simulator in chapter two, pick the second challenge against the Midgarian monsters. The first fight will be against like a dozen bugaboos -throw your shuriken and inmediately windstorm them and they'll die immediately netting you 30 AP. Immediately give up in the next fight and then rechallenge. Equip AP boosters and you can get 60/90 AP per battle.

It's boring as fukk but it's the best AP farmspot in the game...as far as I know.

You can also pair Ninja Armet and AP Up to quadruple the AP output for materia.

Still will take awhile, but anything helps :yeshrug:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

yup found this myself too, I’m literally boosting all my materia to do the gauntlet and both hard chapters, nearly maxed out a whole revival in half hour with AP up

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DLC was fun imo, I still gotta beat Nero but it’s good for 4-5 hours of content without that. Anything more than that would have been pushing it.

It’s cool they tried to make Yuffie a more fleshed out character but once again, the added sidekick didn’t bring much to the story like every other new character. I haven’t played through the original game again. For some reason I dont have my save data from after the final battle and I’m not into the groove enough to just fight sephiroth to get chapter select again.

I’ll also say that towards the end of using yuffie for so long even though I enjoyed her play style i was kinda fienin to use cloud for some of those fights again.
I STRONGLY disagree and think you're misreading the purpose of Sonon as a character, but whatever :yeshrug:

Btw, can we just acknowledge that following on from that extended ending
aerith is clearly dead in Zack's timeline