Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Finished OG part 1 a little bit ago

A few thoughts

First off, a lot of the aspects in that happened in Remake part 1 make more sense now that I've played through the OG version. Didn't realize though that Aerith dies so early in the game, so I assume that she doesn't make through part 2 right? Also didn't know the backstory of how Marlene ended up with Barrett until the Dyne storyline as well as how he ended up losing his arm.

A few of the bosses in Remake Pt 1 were minor enemies in the OG.

The buggy and Tiny Bronco controls are ass even by PS1 standards. The world map is even worse with its lack of labeling or direction. If it wasn't for pulling up a guide, I would have no clue in where to go.

They sure did pad a lot of content in part 1 and made Jesse, Wedge and Biggs into more important characters than they were in the original game.

Yeah a lot of my thoughts on it as well, i didnt really like any of the padding.

I’m def interested to see how they tie Yuffie’s background into midgar and introduce weiss, kinda hoping we get Vincent tease out of it too

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
There's a lot of additional stuff that bridges the gap between FF7R and the OG release too like Crisis Core and Advent Children.

Zack's a much bigger part of things and Advent Children pretty much lays out how Sephiroth can just move between timelines.

The Cloud/Zack connection all makes sense now :ehh:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Yeah a lot of my thoughts on it as well, i didnt really like any of the padding.

I’m def interested to see how they tie Yuffie’s background into midgar and introduce weiss, kinda hoping we get Vincent tease out of it too

My first thought was that a lot of those locations are going to have to be condensed or left out altogether if they're trying to tell the story in 3? games.

I would assume that they are going to have to tinker with the origin story of a lot of those characters as I just randomly happened to come by some of them by chance lol. Didn't know that was Cait Sith in the remake until a few days ago.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
My first thought was that a lot of those locations are going to have to be condensed or left out altogether if they're trying to tell the story in 3? games.

I would assume that they are going to have to tinker with the origin story of a lot of those characters as I just randomly happened to come by some of them by chance lol. Didn't know that was Cait Sith in the remake until a few days ago.

I missed yuffie teh first time i played lol

I’m sure they won’t be option this time around though

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

TlAAinB.gif

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m glad the dlc is PS5 only so we can at least see what ‘next gen’ ff7 is gonna look/play like
I'm thinking the DLC is just PS5 only but is it really PS5 doable only or was it just a business decision? It didn't look too different from the PS4 game.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I'm thinking the DLC is just PS5 only but is it really PS5 doable only or was it just a business decision? It didn't look too different from the PS4 game.
I think the graphics are causing it to be ps5 only
they don't want to worry about the ps4

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I wonder/have a feeling/hope that Yuffie's tag team buddy will liable die either at the end of her dlc or somehow, someway be dismissed. But in his place, Yuffie will have the same tag team synergy when Cid shows up. I say this since both Yuffie's partner, Sona (I think that's his name), also fights with a spear. And I really doubt they keep him in the whole game once the rest of the episodes drop, but it'd be pretty unlikely that they let the moveset and ability resources that she carries with him go to waste.