Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Okay, Zelda isn't turn based and it's not an action game, it doesn't take any skills or execution to do anything related to the combat, its not that type of game

Anybody can do these moves in Final Fantasy remake if you have the right materia equipped

Only skilled players can play Ninja Gaiden and actually look like a ninja lmao

most people aren't good enough to play final fantasy XV where they can have fun with the combat, and look like Ultra Instinct so they were mad, people don't have the patience to learn how to play

It took me a long ass time to do flashy stuff with Devil may Cry because I just didn't play the series at all on ps2 but I didn't cry about the combat I learned how to do it lmao, people didn't bother to even learn how to play final fantasy XV and complained about it, the developers made it easy so any can beat even without understanding the game mechanics, and that was the main flaw with the game.

This game is simple to pick up and they put you live situations where you have to use the game mechanics so they spoon fed you in a manner a simpleton can understand

If Final Fantasy XV had ATB bar for items, most people who played wouldn't even be able to beat it lmao

I'm glad to see someone respecting FFXV's gangsta, IMO it's a much better game than FFVIIR. The battle system was intricate but was able to be put on easy mode by being able to go into any battle with 99 potions and spamming them. Like you said, if it had an ATB system it would have spiked the difficulty immensely and I think it would have made the game much better. One example that sticks out to me is the Ifrit battle, I can't imagine how much more intense it would have been if there was a gate behind items.

The only thing I think FFVIIR has on FFXV is a more cohesive narrative, I would have to say the combat systems are equal as I feel that they both offer different and equally respectable experiences. FFVIIR is truly a hybrid where it is basically turn-based but it allows you to still attack in-between turns...FFXV was more action oriented from what I remember.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm glad to see someone respecting FFXV's gangsta, IMO it's a much better game than FFVIIR. The battle system was intricate but was able to be put on easy mode by being able to go into any battle with 99 potions and spamming them. Like you said, if it had an ATB system it would have spiked the difficulty immensely and I think it would have made the game much better. One example that sticks out to me is the Ifrit battle, I can't imagine how much more intense it would have been if there was a gate behind items.

The only thing I think FFVIIR has on FFXV is a more cohesive narrative, I would have to say the combat systems are equal as I feel that they both offer different and equally respectable experiences. FFVIIR is truly a hybrid where it is basically turn-based but it allows you to still attack in-between turns...FFXV was more action oriented from what I remember.

To each his own, but imo there is literally nothing that XV does better than 7R :yeshrug:

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
To each his own, but imo there is literally nothing that XV does better than 7R :yeshrug:

FFVIIR is getting a pass because of how iconic the story is and the nostalgia impacts of seeing the legendary cast and crew characters reimagined. But if you're not fighting or watching a cutscene you're basically running through a narrow corridor that connects you to either another cutscene, a boss battle, a pointless mini-game, or a hub area full of side quests. I know you can reduce any game down to make it sound bare bones but this is literally the game.

Many parts of it literally has you walking just to connect two cutscenes together and it does it relentlessly and often slows down your walking to pad it out. Navigating the world in FFXV shyts all over FFVIIR, it ain't even close. To even posit that running throw the subway to get between sectors is better than flying the Regalia is...

:hhh:

Square tried to extend an hours worth of story into a full-length game and it shows. That's not to say that parts aren't fun or interesting but once seeing Tifa's titties in HD start to wear off you're like damn these nikkas got me running around collecting flowers to give to orphans...and I have to slow walk to and from?

nikka I gotta go through that same sewer AGAIN and fight the same BOSS AGAIN. FFVIIR is tight but it ain't that tight...if they replaced all the characters with new people and called the city RAGDIM people would be shytting all over this.

That stupid ass pump mini-game or level mini game or big ass hand mini game...all basura.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
FFVIIR is getting a pass because of how iconic the story is and the nostalgia impacts of seeing the legendary cast and crew characters reimagined. But if you're not fighting or watching a cutscene you're basically running through a narrow corridor that connects you to either another cutscene, a boss battle, a pointless mini-game, or a hub area full of side quests. I know you can reduce any game down to make it sound bare bones but this is literally the game.

Many parts of it literally has you walking just to connect two cutscenes together and it does it relentlessly and often slows down your walking to pad it out. Navigating the world in FFXV shyts all over FFVIIR, it ain't even close. To even posit that running throw the subway to get between sectors is better than flying the Regalia is...

Square tried to extend an hours worth of story into a full-length game and it shows. That's not to say that parts aren't fun or interesting but once seeing Tifa's titties in HD start to wear off you're like damn these nikkas got me running around collecting flowers to give to orphans...and I have to slow walk to and from?

nikka I gotta go through that same sewer AGAIN and fight the same BOSS AGAIN. FFVIIR is tight but it ain't that tight...if they replaced all the characters with new people and called the city RAGDIM people would be shytting all over this.

That stupid ass pump mini-game or level mini game or big ass hand mini game...all basura.
I still disagree in terms of the game mechanics, this game is a lot more fun to me, but you can at least make an argument with those points....you lost me when comparing the worlds tho, You’re comparing an open world to a very linear part of a story that we don’t go past in this one game, I feel like that discussion can only be made once we hit 7’s world instead of just its first city

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

FF15 was miles upon miles of empty terrain and uneven combat throughout the game. I can't even say the combat in FF15 was good either because it wasn't put together with enemies that compliment it the majority of the time. Felt more like a tech demo than a game.

I definitely agree with FF7R being linear as fukk - but it was linear the first time. And you don't take away from a game by keeping it in established lanes if that was the goal from the start. The worst parts of the game are just parts at the end of the day - its not a core feature of the game like FF15's brand of open world (or most open world games for that matter...).

But again, I don't think linear = bad. I do think the vast majority of open world games are pushing straight up bullshyt and people eat it up for no reason more times than not. Xenoblade games do open world right. FF has never done it well.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
I still disagree in terms of the game mechanics, this game is a lot more fun to me, but you can at least make an argument...you lost me when comparing the worlds tho, You’re comparing an open world to a very linear part of a story that we don’t go past in this one game, I feel like that discussion can only be made once we hit 7’s world instead of just its first city

You're changing your argument, you said "but imo there is literally nothing that XV does better than 7R", if that was true you wouldn't have had to put in a caveat by saying "You’re comparing an open world to a very linear part of a story that we don’t go past in this one game".

You would have a point if I paid $25.00 for the game since it's "just one part of the story" but I paid $60.00 because while it's just one part of the original FFVII story, it happens to be the FULL STORY of FFVII Remake Part 1.

I'm not gonna give them a pass because "it's just Midgar" because they didn't charge me as if it's "just midgar". I paid full price so I expect more than running through corridors and playing shytty side quest plucked straight out of an Assassin's Creed game.

FFXV's world is much better than FFVII Remake's...that's a fact. Will it be better that FF7R Part 2's? I hope not. With FF7R Part 2 they need to get rid of all the non-stop videos, slow walking, and corridors they put in to try to pad the game's length out.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
You're changing your argument, you said "but imo there is literally nothing that XV does better than 7R", if that was true you wouldn't have had to put in a caveat by saying "You’re comparing an open world to a very linear part of a story that we don’t go past in this one game".

You would have a point if I paid $25.00 for the game since it's "just one part of the story" but I paid $60.00 because while it's just one part of the original FFVII story, it happens to be the FULL STORY of FFVII Remake Part 1.

I'm not gonna give them a pass because "it's just Midgar" because they didn't charge me as if it's "just midgar". I paid full price so I expect more than running through corridors and playing shytty side quest plucked straight out of an Assassin's Creed game.

FFXV's world is much better than FFVII Remake's...that's a fact. Will it be better that FF7R Part 2's? I hope not. With FF7R Part 2 they need to get rid of all the non-stop videos, slow walking, and corridors they put in to try to pad the game's length out.
The fukk :mjlol:

There's 40+ hours of content in this game and its one of the best in its genre. Scorching hot take man

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

what? :mjlol:

I’m not changing my argument, I was just assuming that when I said “but imo there is literally nothing that XV does better than 7Ryou would assume I meant things that are actually comparable between both games, the dialogue, characters, Story, combat, its music ect...

Not on what game has the best open world when one doesn't have an open world..the fukk lol

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
FF15 was miles upon miles of empty terrain and uneven combat throughout the game. I can't even say the combat in FF15 was good either because it wasn't put together with enemies that compliment it the majority of the time. Felt more like a tech demo than a game.

I definitely agree with FF7R being linear as fukk - but it was linear the first time. And you don't take away from a game by keeping it in established lanes if that was the goal from the start. The worst parts of the game are just parts at the end of the day - its not a core feature of the game like FF15's brand of open world (or most open world games for that matter...).

But again, I don't think linear = bad. I do think the vast majority of open world games are pushing straight up bullshyt and people eat it up for no reason more times than not. Xenoblade games do open world right. FF has never done it well.

I never said FF15 didn't have its faults, I simply said it was much more fun to navigate around than FF7. When I traversed the world in FF15, I felt like I was actually going from one physical location to the next. In FF7R I don't get that feeling, it doesn't feel like any of the places are connected, it feels like I'm running between cutscenes and levels.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

I liked FFXV and I disagree with your stance here, corridors be damned. XV's "open world" was even gated itself quite a bit when it was all said and done and most locations weren't nearly as interesting as the average "corridor hub" in VIIR, aesthetically or eventfulness (there also weren't a lot of real locations either actually). Sidequests weren't any better in XV either tbh. Just had more roaming room to do them. As much as I liked XV, I stalled my completion of it and also, didn't feel nearly as compelled to run through it again after beating, aside from like a select section or two. I felt compelled to run through VIIR and feel just as compelled to re-run through it again, which is rare for me in any game completion these days. Does nostalgia have anything to do with it? Perhaps a bit, despite me not being the VII fanboy as some others of the game have been. But just the same, I felt XV failed to live up to its potential and was quite disjointed overall, a misgiving of the direction of the company and deadlines most likely, but it is what it is in the end.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I never said FF15 didn't have its faults, I simply said it was much more fun to navigate around than FF7. When I traversed the world in FF15, I felt like I was actually going from one physical location to the next. In FF7R I don't get that feeling, it doesn't feel like any of the places are connected, it feels like I'm running between cutscenes and levels.
naw man

FF15's go run 500 meters to kill bad guy and report back sidequests took you to the same woods/hills/plains over and over and again. Don't know how people can act like it was anything better than FF7R's corridor runs outside of the fact that you can take wider circles. And it was walled off too at that.

It'd be different if the open world was good, but there's more diversity and range in one of XCX's five biomes than all of FF15 combined. Generic fetch quests don't improve simply because you run farther.
You're not responding to my messages in context.
Because that point was so disingenuous that it distracts from everything else you trying to say :stopitslime:

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
naw man

FF15's go run 500 meters to kill bad guy and report back sidequests took you to the same woods/hills/plains over and over and again. Don't know how people can act like it was anything better than FF7R's corridor runs outside of the fact that you can take wider circles. And it was walled off too at that.

It'd be different if the open world was good, but there's more diversity and range in one of XCX's five biomes than all of FF15 combined. Generic fetch quests don't improve simply because you run farther.

Because that point was so disingenuous that it distracts from everything else you trying to say :stopitslime:

You can't discount the fact that the actual navigation from Point A to B can be fun as well which for example BOTW nailed. FF7R and FF15 both have wack side quests but I have options with FF15 which prolong the fatigue, I can fly there, drive there, take a chocobo, or fast travel...in FF7R you can either run or Fast Travel and it gets old quickly because the running is down what is essentially a closed in tunnel or a tunnel with a skybox.

Flying the Regalia and landing it properly was actually a pretty damn fun mechanic...to say it's the same as the subway run in FF7R is a stretch IMO. Now was the open world perfect? No. I don't even really care about it but getting from point A to B in FF15 was much more fun as it had variety.

FF7R literally had me run through corridor after corridor, then run up 59 flights of steps, to run through more corridors...that shyt is corny.