Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Fair enough, that's another definition I've heard.

But even then I still disagree. At what point from the beginning of the game through the Northern Crater on disc 2 was Cloud ever brooding, depressed or caught in his feelings? Even after Aerith got killed, the most he does is admit that there's a part of him he doesn't know and he's wondering if maybe he should quit the journey. And then he immediately reaffirms why he needs to keep going.

I'd argue he became more his own person and less like Zack after falling into the lifestream (which was the whole point of that sequence). Who he was before falling into the Lifestream was him taking on Zack's persona and memories. And after that, he comes into his own. Not a whole lot of brooding or sitting around depressed and in his feelings

Squall was an a$$hole for a good while after meeting Rinoa. He basically did his best to keep his distance from her right up through the battle of the Gardens.

And goes hard for her? He was basically ready to give up on her twice :heh:

During the battle of the Gardens when she's dangling off a ledge as the Gardens are about to ram each other again:

Squall: Where's Rinoa?

Zell: I can't get to her. The Galbadian goons got that whole area locked down. The only way to get to her is over the roof or flying there

Squall: ...
Irvine: Breh, tell me you're not just giving up on her :why:

Squall: I...I have to lead the attack :francis:

The whole squad: You're just going to let her die? Go and at least try to rescue her breh :dahell:

And then again after they came back from space, when the Estharian authorities want to seal her away because he's a sorceress, he basically lets them without much of fight. And once again, everyone around him is like "You let them scoop her up without a fight? Go get your girl, you dummy" :what::snoop:

I like Squall as a character, but he definitely had his share of WTF moments

Aerith definitely wasn't his love. And again, I'd say he came to terms with things after the lifestream foray. Depression was the last thing wrong with Cloud mentally :heh:

You really gon say Aerith wasn't his love...that was the whole point of AC was the fact that he had to let her go. Don't get me wrong in the game proper lots of this is not explained but in the side stuff its clear that dude was depressed as fukk over her.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At first i really wanted a 1 for 1 remake with just modern graphics but when sitting down and really thinking about it i can't argue against people just saying "why don't you just play the old one"....aslong as they don't change the story and how everything transpires scene by scene i'm actually good with whatever they come up with tbh :manny: and ffVII is legit my favourite game ever so im not saying this lightly.

I'd also really be gassed if they made a FFVI remake too cos i never played it but i read the story and i actually find it and kefka to be a more intriguing story than ffVII's.

FFVIII though :mjlol:...IX is better than VIII by country miles (even with a sh1tty last boss) let alone VII so lets cut that sh1t short right now.

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
You really gon say Aerith wasn't his love...that was the whole point of AC was the fact that he had to let her go. Don't get me wrong in the game proper lots of this is not explained but in the side stuff its clear that dude was depressed as fukk over her.

What I got from AC was Cloud dealing with his guilt over Aerith and Zack's deaths. It's especially apparent in the "complete" version of AC, where Zack is a lot more prominent (and even encourages him to keep fighting in the final fight).

In On The Way to a Smile, Cloud admits to Tifa his problems are because "you can't reclaim lost lives".

Zack died right before the beginning of VII and he basically died protecting Cloud. He never really had time to grieve for either of them. Between feeling guilty over Aerith and Zack's deaths, seeing Denzel suffering with Geostigma, coming down with Geostigma himself, and not being able to find a cure, he ends up falling into depression.

Tetsuya Nomura says this about Cloud in AC:
Cloud tried to lead his life positively after the end of FF7 but he cracked... The sin which Cloud thinks he owns is not anyone's fault in particular. It is something Cloud has to overcome by himself

In a nutshell, I think that explains what was going on with Cloud in AC. And he has to (and does) come to terms with all of that

illadope

きんが
Daps
4c56f28203de254f74ade6d375c2c198.jpg

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
it seems this game is actually alread one year in the making..

not sure one year in develloping but they have been at it for a year already.

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
This joint better not be 1997 style turn based, im not jumping back and forth in 1080p piff.

Gaming has evolved, people need to move on or play the 1997 pc in hi def.

:pacspit: :camby: If the remake isn't turnbased, then what the fukk is the point even making the damn thing? You have plenty of current ARPGs to choose from. People have been clamoring for this thing BECAUSE they want a return to the classic gameplay.