Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
is 7,8 and 13 in the same universe brehs? since they all have similar art styles, plots and protagonists named after storms/sky effects? I know tactics and 12 is both set in ivalice

Daps
Reppin
Canada
is 7,8 and 13 in the same universe brehs? since they all have similar art styles, plots and protagonists named after storms/sky effects? I know tactics and 12 is both set in ivalice

I think VII and X is on the same planet. There's some theories out there.

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Emo has nothing to do with whiny. Emo is about being brooding, depressed and for the most part caught in ones own feelings constantly. Being emo has more to do with being obsessed with ones own sadness. Its really self absorbed. Which I why I called him emo.

He didn't make it in SOLDIER so he fell into his own feelings of inadequacy. Post his fall into the lifestream he basically becomes Zack (my other issue with FF7 is how Aerith just falls for Cloud even though he is basically a blonde Zack at that point...even carries around the same weapon...that's silly).

Fair enough, that's another definition I've heard.

But even then I still disagree. At what point from the beginning of the game through the Northern Crater on disc 2 was Cloud ever brooding, depressed or caught in his feelings? Even after Aerith got killed, the most he does is admit that there's a part of him he doesn't know and he's wondering if maybe he should quit the journey. And then he immediately reaffirms why he needs to keep going.

I'd argue he became more his own person and less like Zack after falling into the lifestream (which was the whole point of that sequence). Who he was before falling into the Lifestream was him taking on Zack's persona and memories. And after that, he comes into his own. Not a whole lot of brooding or sitting around depressed and in his feelings

Squall to me isn't as emo because dude was just an a$$hole until he met the right chick. Quintis threw it at him when they were in the training area in Balamb Garden, but he didn't like her. He meets Rinoa and actually becomes a pretty dope dude who defends his friends, still tries to talk Sefier out of being a puppet and goes hard for his chick. :manny:

Squall was an a$$hole for a good while after meeting Rinoa. He basically did his best to keep his distance from her right up through the battle of the Gardens.

And goes hard for her? He was basically ready to give up on her twice :heh:

During the battle of the Gardens when she's dangling off a ledge as the Gardens are about to ram each other again:

Squall: Where's Rinoa?

Zell: I can't get to her. The Galbadian goons got that whole area locked down. The only way to get to her is over the roof or flying there

Squall: ...
Irvine: Breh, tell me you're not just giving up on her :why:

Squall: I...I have to lead the attack :francis:

The whole squad: You're just going to let her die? Go and at least try to rescue her breh :dahell:

And then again after they came back from space, when the Estharian authorities want to seal her away because he's a sorceress, he basically lets them without much of fight. And once again, everyone around him is like "You let them scoop her up without a fight? Go get your girl, you dummy" :what::snoop:

I like Squall as a character, but he definitely had his share of WTF moments

Cloud on the other hand is on his depressed shyt until after his Jungian foray into his own mind. And even then he's never fully back normal because he lost his love (which is fine by me).

Aerith definitely wasn't his love. And again, I'd say he came to terms with things after the lifestream foray. Depression was the last thing wrong with Cloud mentally :heh:

Daps
Reppin
Canada

But even then I still disagree. At what point from the beginning of the game through the Northern Crater on disc 2 was Cloud ever brooding, depressed or caught in his feelings? Even after Aerith got killed, the most he does is admit that there's a part of him he doesn't know and he's wondering if maybe he should quit the journey. And then he immediately reaffirms why he needs to keep going.

I'd argue he became more his own person and less like Zack after falling into the lifestream (which was the whole point of that sequence). Who he was before falling into the Lifestream was him taking on Zack's persona and memories. And after that, he comes into his own. Not a whole lot of brooding or sitting around depressed and in his feelings

Squall was an a$$hole for a good while after meeting Rinoa. He basically did his best to keep his distance from her right up through the battle of the Gardens.

During the battle of the Gardens when she's dangling off a ledge as the Gardens are about to ram each other again:

Zell: I can't get to her. The Galbadian goons got that whole area locked down. The only way to get to her is over the roof or flying there

The whole squad: You're just going to let her die? Go and at least try to rescue her breh :dahell:

And then again after they came back from space, when the Estharian authorities want to seal her away because he's a sorceress, he basically lets them without much of fight. And once again, everyone around him is like "You let them scoop her up without a fight? Go get your girl, you dummy" :what::snoop:

Aerith definitely wasn't his love. I'd say he (he relapsed in Advent Children, but that was more about guilt and we're talking about the game)

That nikka cold as ice.

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
When Cloud went to Midgar and Tifa saw him he looked all :flabbynsick:. Then he starts acting all cocky and shyt. :mjlol: Tifa humored him until she couldn't no more.:mjpls: She knew that was an act.

Cloud was a straight a$$hole in the beginning of the game. How does someone tell you the planet is slowly dying and your response is "So? As long as I'm getting paid, I'm cool" :manny:

:mjlol:

Tifa even said as much in the Lifestream. She basically said she knew something was off with him and she wanted to keep him close because of that.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
Cloud was a straight a$$hole in the beginning of the game. How does someone tell you the planet is slowly dying and your response is "So? As long as I'm getting paid, I'm cool" :manny:

:mjlol:

Tifa even said as much in the Lifestream. She basically said she knew something was off with him and she wanted to keep him close because of that.

That's the attitude of some people today.:francis: "Planet ain't going into an ice age in my lifetime, fukk recycling and the ozone layer."

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
That's the attitude of some people today.:francis: "Planet ain't going into an ice age in my lifetime, fukk recycling and the ozone layer."

With global warming and its effects becoming more and more evident now, I wonder if they'll play up the environmental themes even more than in the original :patrice:

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North

Dude had the:manny: mentality down pat. :heh:

I think had he not saved her though, it would've gotten to him eventually. He might've even started losing his mind.

Statik

King Of Kings.
Daps

Aerith definitely wasn't his love. And again, I'd say he came to terms with things after the lifestream foray. Depression was the last thing wrong with Cloud mentally :heh:

I agree with everything else concerning Clouds personality. but wtf dude Aerith was his love. and she did have romantic feelings for the real Cloud too, she even said she was searching for the real him. also the novels showed a lot about their relationship and Advent Children clearly showed he was depressed over her ( Zack's death too). once she told him everything is ok could he finally live his life.

Last edited:

Beerus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
PC BRO #LWO
I agree with everything else concerning Clouds personality. but wtf dude Aerith was his love. and she did have romantic feelings for the real Cloud too, she even said she was searching for the real him. also the novels showed a lot about their relationship and Advent Children clearly showed he was depressed over her ( Zack's death too). once she told him everything is ok could he finally live his life.
I thought this nikka wanted Tifa :dahell:
shyt my date was with her :dahell: