Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
This is the world map:

ff7-world-map-2_scale_800_700.jpg

If they're hellbent on expanding everything like they are with Midgar, it might take 30 years. :heh:

:mjlol: I forgot how big that damned map was....and that's not even counting the Huge Weapon monsters that walk around the damned planet....

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:ohlawd: This is sounding like the Final Fantasy game I've been clamoring for since, well pre XIII.

I played the demo! AMA! I'm a HUGE fan of the final fantasy series and have completed most of them. I'm also the biggest critic of where the games have been going lately, ESPECIALLY with XV and its terrible combat and story. So now that you know where I'm coming from, you can assume I have incredibly sky-high expectations for this game, and would be incredibly disappointed if it didn't honestly feel like one of the best games I've ever played. So I played the demo, and...

It absolutely blew all of my sky-high expectations out of the fukking water.

THIS is the remake I've been looking for. THIS is the perfect melding of action and turn-based combat I've been saying they should try for years. THIS is the proper way to capture the feeling of commanding an entire party at once... not only is switching party members seamless and fun, but you can press l2/r2 at any time to assign commands to your party members that you're not controlling, and I felt 100% in control of the battles throughout the entire demo. THIS is possibly the best demo I have ever played at E3, and hands-down has become the most hyped I've ever been for a game, maybe ever.

To answer some of the questions I've seen and also some more of my observations:

- Victory music is not present after battles, EXCEPT for when, in my play through, Barret literally sang the victory theme after we killed some enemies, ala what Prompto from XV sometimes did. His surly voice singing it made me cringe and laugh.
- Speaking of battle music, the mako reactor theme seamlessly transitioned into a mako reactor BATTLE theme when fighting enemies, and it was awesome. I'm thinking each area may actually have its own battle theme based on the map theme. Hoping we get to hear the original battle theme too at some point.
- It was FUNNY. Jesse had extra dialogue when you go back to talk to her and she told me something along the lines of, I'm flattered you think I'm more interesting than a mako reactor.
- It was CHALLENGING. The boss fight required a sense of awareness that made it incredibly thrilling and satisfying when you succeeded. I had to use about 6 potions and a few cures.
- Party members are UNIQUE and control differently and feel great. I made the conscious decision to switch characters maybe 15+ times in the demo alone, just to take advantage of different situations. Examples are, flying enemies can't be hit by Cloud so you should switch to Barret, Cloud moves faster than Barret so I switched to Barret to get his ass under cover during the big laser attack, and other things that are materia set up dependent like you had to use Cloud to cure and Barret to lightning.
- Limit breaks are SUPER flashy and powerful. It felt soooo satisfying to use them.
- Relative basic strategy for boss fights will most likely be, stagger the boss using less powerful high-stagger abilities, wait to fully stagger until all of your limit breaks are full, then go full ham.
- The LORE is being further developed and I could tell just from the demo. I learned something new about what Barret was thinking about Cloud: after you plant the bomb and the alarm goes off, Barret immediately turns his gun on Cloud and says something about him double-crossing them, essentially cementing how little he trusts Cloud at that point, and it was masterfully done and fit perfectly with the character. If I felt that level of character development just from the demo, I am so incredibly excited about what else we will be learning about these characters we know and love already in the full game.

Phew. That's all I can think of at the moment. But yeah. Final Fantasy fans... this is IT, you can safely be hyped.

The impressions from the demo are glowing. Seems like getting the og heads on this project is paying off dividends.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think it'll be fine. People are just way too cynical and negative. It's really a bunch of people not knowing exactly what the game will come out like so it's just ungrateful gamers complaining about something as hyped as this.

There's not much reason to give Square-Enix the benefit of the doubt at this point. They been mishandling the Final Fantasy series for years.

Fred.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There's not much reason to give Square-Enix the benefit of the doubt at this point. They been mishandling the Final Fantasy series for years.

Fred.
We'll see. They have the the old heads working on this game and thus far the impressions have been fantastic right now. I think they'll nail it.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
We'll see. They have the the old heads working on this game and thus far the impressions have been fantastic right now. I think they'll nail it.

Fam of course the impressions are fantastic right now. The x factor isn't "will part 1 be good?" it's "how many parts will there be and how long will they take to finish it?"

Personally I'm not copping this shyt just based on not knowing either of those things. :manny:

Fred.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Fam of course the impressions are fantastic right now. The x factor isn't "will part 1 be good?" it's "how many parts will there be and how long will they take to finish it?"

Personally I'm not copping this shyt just based on not knowing either of those things. :manny:

Fred.
Too bad for you then.

March 03, 2020 I'll be
aid94773-v4-728px-Call-in-Sick-Step-12-Version-2.jpg

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Why did they think it would be a good idea to outsource the game?:gucci:

I know they were working on a lot of stuff at once when they first announced it but man what a decision that wasted years of development time.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
This is the world map:

ff7-world-map-2_scale_800_700.jpg

If they're hellbent on expanding everything like they are with Midgar, it might take 30 years. :heh:

Don't forget you could navigate the fukking OCEANS above and below sealevel.

Had that Weapon creeping in the cut :picard:

There was also this sunken sub that I never really managed to get through because the monsters were just demonic as fukk :mjcry:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I remember when this was announced on the PS3, glad we are finally getting it. Based on what it covers I am curious how long the game is.

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
I’ve been thinking

I wonder how faithful are they going to be to the og ff7

That game had a lot of throwd off fukkery in it like

Cloud being in drag, Cloud gettin turned out by them gay nikkas, Cloud beating the shyt outta aerith, Cloud getting mako poisoned and going retarded, and him and Tifa smashing on that mountain

I wanna know is all that fukkery gonna make it in:mjlol: