Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
Until the game is out and we have seen reviews stating how much the game expanded over the original and what the pacing is like, it's completely silly for hot takes stating the game will be like ___ and ___. I remember people and their hot takes last month saying that the game will be consisting of "garbage" FFXV/KH3 gameplay yadda yadda. What happened? E3 happened and the gameplay is completely different from what those naysaysers were spewing and is pretty much an evolved, modern ATB system that still retains the core fundamentals. People should just relax. I don't think we're going to get a 2 bluray disc game that's full of nothing. I don't even think it's going to be that long between the parts since now the system and engine is already set and assets are made. It only took so long because of internal restructuring which made the game's announcement seem premature. I think at one part they said this game was further along than KH3. This game would've probably came out last year or this year if nothing happened between it's announcement and now.

all these the same type of excuses i heard for FF15 DLC not getting dropped. this is Square Enix... incompetence is their tagline

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
They took what was 5-6 hours in the original 60 hour game and turned it into the entire first half of the remake. That means they have one more disc for the remaining 55 hours and yall think folks shouldn't be skeptical?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Bunch of retarded ass posts in here. Why the fukk wouldn't they finish a remake that is as hyped as this and will sell gangbusters?

It's not a guarantee this remake will sell like that.

The first part? Of course....people been waiting for a remake for like 10+ years. But interest in any future "episodes" will depend heavily on how they break up the rest of the game....a full game of Midgar sounds extremely :patrice:to me....very suspicious. Because if they expand the rest of the game in direct proportion to the Midgar section then this will be like 50 "episodes"....which they obviously ain't doing.

So it becomes a question of "what are they cutting out of the game?"....which will factor heavily into peoples continued interest in this remake.

Maybe I'm just a cynical b*stard but "let's make a whole game of Midgar, which was like 10% of the original" sounds lazy....because it's easier to build a game around a finite area like a city....than a big ass open world, like the OG version.

Fred.

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
They took what was 5-6 hours in the original 60 hour game and turned it into the entire first half of the remake. That means they have one more disc for the remaining 55 hours and yall think folks shouldn't be skeptical?

No one has confirmed it’s two parts yet.

But I suspected this. If you guys remember, original Midgar was only big in theory. The actual areas you could explore were extremely minimal. If Midgar is completely open and expanded it could be pretty massive. I don’t know if all this was necessary though. But I can easily seeing it be a 40 hour game now. It could’ve been 20 hours just by adding voice acting, expanding the boss battles, and making all the reactors into fully fleshed out dungeons, but it seems like they’re adding a bunch more.

And yes, part 2 is a wayyys off. If they expanded Midgar like this, most likely they’ll do an open world for the rest of the game and with other massive cities like Golden Saucer.. it could be take some years before it’s released.

Hopefully the next part is until the end of disc 1 and and the third part is until the end of the game, seeing as disc 3 is really just one dungeon.

So hopefully there’s only 3 parts, and while part 2 might take a while, potentially part 3 will be quicker as they can reuse much of the world map assets from part 2

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I wonder if Knights of the Round Table summon will take 20 minutes

I remember summoning that magic and was able to take a bathroom break because of how long that shyt took to finish

:russ:
They gotta have a skip option this time. I remember constantly dying against that underwater Emerald Weapon because the fukking summons took so long. :dead:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The sucky thing is I really don't think the rest of the episodes will leave up to this one.

I also don't know how they are going to stretch 10 hours into a 40 plus hour game without A LOT of filler. Please don't let it be like the stupid car rides and traveling in 15...

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
I'm kinda half playing about them not finishing it. But say maybe it's 3 parts. Lord knows how many considering what the first part is.

2 to 3 years between parts. I'm guessing closer to 3, shyt could be even longer given squares track record of taking forever to release shyt.

Alot could happen in that time frame. :skip:

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They didn't say it was two discs for the whole entire remake. They said just Midgar alone is content spanning two Blu-ray discs which is what releases in March.

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
Square gonna do the same move Rockstar Games did with GTAV. Release part of it on the old console (PS4) and get people to buy it again on the new console (PS5).

They will somehow find an excuse as to why any additional content won't work on the PS4.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's not a guarantee this remake will sell like that.

The first part? Of course....people been waiting for a remake for like 10+ years. But interest in any future "episodes" will depend heavily on how they break up the rest of the game....a full game of Midgar sounds extremely :patrice:to me....very suspicious. Because if they expand the rest of the game in direct proportion to the Midgar section then this will be like 50 "episodes"....which they obviously ain't doing.

So it becomes a question of "what are they cutting out of the game?"....which will factor heavily into peoples continued interest in this remake.

Maybe I'm just a cynical b*stard but "let's make a whole game of Midgar, which was like 10% of the original" sounds lazy....because it's easier to build a game around a finite area like a city....than a big ass open world, like the OG version.

Fred.
I think it'll be fine. People are just way too cynical and negative. It's really a bunch of people not knowing exactly what the game will come out like so it's just ungrateful gamers complaining about something as hyped as this.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
It's still baffling that they're talking about "the scope of game 2" when they took what was less than 10% of the original game and supposedly expanded it to be "the size of a full numbered Final Fantasy title." Nobody asked for all that filler. Midgar is just supposed to be the intro not a full game.

Agree 100%, Capcom finally beat Square at something, and that's creating a remake, that's just a graphics update, and some wiggle room for added/different story. You still move like a tank, firing it terrible, and costumes are great. That's literally all the fans asked for in FF7....update the graphics, keep the game corny/weird, and release it on PC...They went full retard with actually making a "new" game that just so happens to have Cloud. That's too fukking dumb, even Capcom knew better.

Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Keeping balence between the new players and nikkas who grew up playing the game.. So far it looks good.

The original did give me this cozy feeling while playing :dame:

the combination of music, story and pace was hittin right :whew: