Final fantasy has a Medievil approach to diversity(too many black people=Bad)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
iu

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I don't want to start something, but I might have to. Anyways, my main issue with the exclusion of black characters in fantasy settings is they'll take liberties and include openly gay characters. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I doubt you had openly gay people during medieval times due to religion playing an important role in society. I'm tired of excuses being made to exclude us in fantasy settings when there have been stories that included black people well.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Wasn’t @MeachTheMonster just defending a racist Russian game last week?:jbhmm:
I didn’t defend anything.

If you actually check my posts, i said the game was problematic for lots of reasons including that cartoon.

But what i also said is that other games that go out of their way to exclude black people are worse imo.

Like i said in this thread. I’ve accepted shytty representation from most of the media i’ve consumed throughout my life. I like DBZ despite MR Popo. I like Loony tunes despite the Big lip nikkas they liked to draw. FF7 is top 5 for me all time despite Barrett’s stereotyped existence.

For me. A historic cartoon with bad depictions is nowhere near as egregious as a modern dev going out of their way to exclude black people from their game.

I know, none of this matters to you, and you are just here to stan, but it is what it is :manny:

Paradoxx

All Star
Daps
final-fantasy-quina-cait-sith-kimahri.jpg

final-fantasy-8-completely-inefficient-things-used-as-weapons.png

main-qimg-3c8c0458c8da234cc2518c6881753e84.webp

But we gotta stay true to medieval europe right
Well for Final fantasy 10, they did want to do something different that wasn’t European.

Personally I don’t care, I mean this is the Japanese we’re talking about? No group of Asians suck white Europeans dikk harder than they do…..

:francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
For me. A historic cartoon with bad depictions is nowhere near as egregious as a modern dev going out of their way to exclude black people from their game.

I

The game came out two weeks ago :dahell:

Not only did it depict racist caricatures of black people but it had no other black representation in it either. You had no problem caping for it and playing it anyway

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The cartoon in the game was from the 60s-70s and the problematic image existed on the screen for a total of literally half a second.

Would be equivalent to a dev having a clip of DBZ in their game with Mr, Popo flashing the screen for less than a second.

It would suck, and the dev probably should have vetted the image better before putting it in the game.

But a dev going out of their way to produce a racist image themselves and/or excluding brown skin from their game is a more conscious and egregious form of racism IMO.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

DripSzn

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
Not that I care what Japanese devs want to do with their own games ( I'm still copping 16), but Japan be kissing white peoples' ass hella hard, so this doesn't surprise me.

How many medieval/European-centric games can they make?
You'd never see them make a game setting inspired by Africa or the Caribbeans :russ:

I'll give them credit though, Final Fantasy has 3 playable black characters in their series so far, which is triple the amount of most JRPGs :mjlol:

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And they put it in the game two weeks ago, so theres no reason to cape, the game isn’t even good. :mjlol:

This is why people dont take you seriously.
So we comparing “speedy gonzales” to the KKK?

Mr PoPo, the KKK???

Like stop. don’t do stan shyt with racism. It’s nasty,

You got lots of topics to do stan shyt with, Not this one :smh:

Canon

Veteran
Daps

Not only did it depict racist caricatures of black people but it had no other black representation in it either. You had no problem caping for it and playing it anyway
:sas1: certain group of fans got all kinds of passes for these cac devs and CEO's but wanna get on there high horse about games from Asia

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So we comparing “speedy gonzales” to the KKK?

Mr PoPo, the KKK???

Like stop. don’t do stan shyt with racism. It’s nasty,

You got lots of topics to do stan shyt with, Not this one :smh:

No one believes you made this topic in good faith :mjlol:

You literally defended Russians putting anti-black propaganda in their game

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No one believes you made this topic in good faith :mjlol:

You literally defended Russians putting anti-black propaganda in their game
Again i didn’t defend anything.

I said the game was fukked up for lots of nasty russian reasons.

You chose to ignore all that for your own stan reasons. Just like here you chose to attack me instead of holding square accountable for their racism. Same shyt you did with Forespoken.

You are a despicable human being and if the coli sony stan’s were smart they’d get you outa here.

You fukkin suck. Go away :scust: