Final fantasy has a Medievil approach to diversity(too many black people=Bad)

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
as I've said in the main FF16 thread, this world is overfull with slavery and dehumanization. There are direct and clearly intentional parallels to American Chattle Slavery and facets of Jim Crow all throughout this shyt with how the Bearers/Branded are treated.

The most restraint a notoriously racially out-of-touch company like SE could show was... not trying to wedge black folk in here. Because they'd do is clumsily.
Need we mention the 'hip hop walk' from Forspoken? Or... Barrett's whole character in FF7R? This is not a company that would nuance a black character - they're devs from a xenoskeptic monoculture . They'd have a bunch of black slaves being told to 'go tell your master X' or 'eww. A bearer' 'what is one of those doing here?' And my skin would crawl off my goddamned body :picard:

Let them blondes enslave them gingers so they can have their Firas and Thundaras. They can do their freedom fight and rise up their slave rebellion and try and get their spiky-haired Nat Turner on - sure there aren't brown-skinned people in the world. But the story; under all the magic and the dragons and the giant swords - the story of black folk is in this bytch in a way that can't be hidden by light NPC skin tones :yeshrug:

• 'Bearer' is just this world's hard-R, and they just gotta take having it spat at them.
  • Bearers who managed to dodge the brand are the lightbrights that could pass; with the same vitriol from all directions hurled at them.
  • Being found out to be a 'bearer' can and will ruin your life and will literally get you swooped up and tossed into slavery.
  • Punishment of 'desertion' = punishing runaway slaves. Same Sword of Damocles to live under.
  • Communities of former slaves living in places no one dares to go as their only means of protection from oppression... the threat of former slave owners popping up at any time to destroy the communities they've built with impunity; just because they think they are superior beings by right of an uncontrollable chance at birth.
These motherfukkers might as well just name a certain location in the game 'Tulsa' for what I'm seeing coming in the future, plotline-wise :sadcam:

I'mma go back to sitting in this tavern thumbing through these lore entries, listening to this orchestral music and dropping blunted freestyles for the rest of the day.
Yeah I'm cool with no black folk being in this :pachaha:

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I just made it to the desert kingdom that looks Arab/North African. The cacs even dress like them. :dahell:
Their reasoning for making this game all white doesn’t make sense. Skyrim was medieval and they had Hammerfell.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just made it to the desert kingdom that looks Arab/North African. The cacs even dress like them. :dahell:
Their reasoning for making this game all white doesn’t make sense. Skyrim was medieval and they had Hammerfell.
Maybe the Japanese see them as sand CACs :manny:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, there's no excuse for that especially since anyone can go on YouTube or tiktok and see black people talking about games or any topic.

Japanese fighting games have come a long way with diversity with black characters that aren't stereotypes(Master Raven, Dolores, Sean Matsuda)

Even previous final fantasy games had characters like kiros (ff8). This is really just a case of them being lazy and not wanting to hire black people to voice or model the characters.
If I'm not mistaken, they do have one or two black voice actors

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:pachaha: not putting black people in this game was the smartest decision they ever made

that bearer/master relationship is crazy especially some of the shyt they say:hhh:. everyone complaining about this prob hasn't played it.
That’s the point.

Their world needed to be so white for their own story reasons. Then they clearly took from chattel slavery and it’s aftermaths(down to the Hard R:comeon:) to build their world/narrative. Then put whit people in turbans and it’s supposed to be all good?

That shyt is all types of goofy and it’s crazy anyone is defending that shyt or clamming it’s a “good” story,:mjpls:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s the point.

Their world needed to be so white for their own story reasons. Then they clearly took from chattel slavery and it’s aftermaths(down to the Hard R:comeon:) to build their world/narrative. Then put whit people in turbans and it’s supposed to be all good?

That shyt is all types of goofy and it’s crazy anyone is defending that shyt or clamming it’s a “good” story,:mjpls:
Hard R?