Final fantasy has a Medievil approach to diversity(too many black people=Bad)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Keep crying its coming same day as FF7R is coming to yo shytbox :umad:
Crazy how the black gaming forum defending this egregious foolishness.:huhldup:

Game literally revolves around a magical slave nikka plot, complete with white saviors and cac centered morality.

and got dudes talking about how great the story is as they play the savior to those poor magical nikkas.

c00n for stan wars brehs :wow:

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Crazy how the black gaming forum defending this egregious foolishness.:huhldup:

Game literally revolves around a magical slave nikka plot, complete with white saviors and cac centered morality.

and got dudes talking about how great the story is as they play the savior to those poor magical nikkas.

c00n for stan wars brehs :wow:
Yeah no. You’re justba salty xbot grifter.
Slaves but its all white slaves which its a ok with me make cac slaves.
You wanted nikkas in place of the slaves? :mjtf: you twisted fukk yet u tryna call me out of all people a c00n? Gtfo
Twerking for an american company that bankrolling maga republicans to help yall vs the ftc :umad: the fukking gall.
The lack of games got you all fukked up

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yeah no. You’re justba salty xbot grifter.
Slaves but its all white slaves which its a ok with me make cac slaves.
You wanted nikkas in place of the slaves? :mjtf: you twisted fukk yet u tryna call me out of all people a c00n? Gtfo
Twerking for an american company that bankrolling maga republicans to help yall vs the ftc :umad: the fukking gall.
The lack of games got you all fukked up
Straight up weirdos :huhldup:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I don’t get being upset about this now.. you nikkas been playing this your whole lives..did y’all just decide you are black?

I’m 35 & never in my life wanted to play this shyt cause it was never any black folks in it as a kid. They been showing y’all what type of time they are on.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I think Square is gonna over respond with their lack of diversity and have Final Fantasy 17 star an all black female lesbian trans cast with the story co written by Jordan Peele.

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
I don’t get being upset about this now.. you nikkas been playing this your whole lives..did y’all just decide you are black?

I’m 35 & never in my life wanted to play this shyt cause it was never any black folks in it as a kid. They been showing y’all what type of time they are on.
The crazy thing is, until about a 15 years ago ago people used to always say, "Oh, it's japan, they don't know any better about diversity. They are a monoethnic society" Until you realized it was Cac loving bullshyt from certain developers after the rest of Japan caught up with the outside world in the 2000's.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
as I've said in the main FF16 thread, this world is overfull with slavery and dehumanization. There are direct and clearly intentional parallels to American Chattle Slavery and facets of Jim Crow all throughout this shyt with how the Bearers/Branded are treated.

The most restraint a notoriously racially out-of-touch company like SE could show was... not trying to wedge black folk in here. Because they'd do is clumsily.
Need we mention the 'hip hop walk' from Forspoken? Or... Barrett's whole character in FF7R? This is not a company that would nuance a black character - they're devs from a xenoskeptic monoculture . They'd have a bunch of black slaves being told to 'go tell your master X' or 'eww. A bearer' 'what is one of those doing here?' And my skin would crawl off my goddamned body :picard:

Let them blondes enslave them gingers so they can have their Firas and Thundaras. They can do their freedom fight and rise up their slave rebellion and try and get their spiky-haired Nat Turner on - sure there aren't brown-skinned people in the world. But the story; under all the magic and the dragons and the giant swords - the story of black folk is in this bytch in a way that can't be hidden by light NPC skin tones :yeshrug:

• 'Bearer' is just this world's hard-R, and they just gotta take having it spat at them.
  • Bearers who managed to dodge the brand are the lightbrights that could pass; with the same vitriol from all directions hurled at them.
  • Being found out to be a 'bearer' can and will ruin your life and will literally get you swooped up and tossed into slavery.
  • Punishment of 'desertion' = punishing runaway slaves. Same Sword of Damocles to live under.
  • Communities of former slaves living in places no one dares to go as their only means of protection from oppression... the threat of former slave owners popping up at any time to destroy the communities they've built with impunity; just because they think they are superior beings by right of an uncontrollable chance at birth.
These motherfukkers might as well just name a certain location in the game 'Tulsa' for what I'm seeing coming in the future, plotline-wise :sadcam:

I'mma go back to sitting in this tavern thumbing through these lore entries, listening to this orchestral music and dropping blunted freestyles for the rest of the day.

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Square is gonna over respond with their lack of diversity and have Final Fantasy 17 star an all black female lesbian trans cast with the story co written by Jordan Peele.
I don't think Japan thinks that the lack of diversity equals the lack of black people, though.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
as I've said in the main FF16 thread, this world is overfull with slavery and dehumanization. There are direct and clearly intentional parallels to American Chattle Slavery and facets of Jim Crow all throughout this shyt with how the Bearers/Branded are treated.

The most restraint a notoriously racially out-of-touch company like SE could show was... not trying to wedge black folk in here. Because they'd do is clumsily.
Need we mention the 'hip hop walk' from Forspoken? Or... Barrett's whole character in FF7R? This is not a company that would nuance a black character - they're devs from a xenoskeptic monoculture . They'd have a bunch of black slaves being told to 'go tell your master X' or 'eww. A bearer' 'what is one of those doing here?' And my skin would crawl off my goddamned body :picard:

Let them blondes enslave them gingers so they can have their Firas and Thundaras. They can do their freedom fight and rise up their slave rebellion and try and get their spiky-haired Nat Turner on - sure there aren't brown-skinned people in the world. But the story; under all the magic and the dragons and the giant swords - the story of black folk is in this bytch in a way that can't be hidden by light NPC skin tones :yeshrug:

• 'Bearer' is just this world's hard-R, and they just gotta take having it spat at them.
  • Bearers who managed to dodge the brand are the lightbrights that could pass; with the same vitriol from all directions hurled at them.
  • Being found out to be a 'bearer' can and will ruin your life and will literally get you swooped up and tossed into slavery.
  • Punishment of 'desertion' = punishing runaway slaves. Same Sword of Damocles to live under.
  • Communities of former slaves living in places no one dares to go as their only means of protection from oppression... the threat of former slave owners popping up at any time to destroy the communities they've built with impunity; just because they think they are superior beings by right of an uncontrollable chance at birth.
These motherfukkers might as well just name a certain location in the game 'Tulsa' for what I'm seeing coming in the future, plotline-wise :sadcam:

I'mma go back to sitting in this tavern thumbing through these lore entries, listening to this orchestral music and dropping blunted freestyles for the rest of the day.
Yeah and @MeachTheMonster tryna act fake outraged at being no black people there is fukking unhinged xbot saltiness.
He dead ass being :sadcam: nikkas not being branded :dead:
When in reality its really because the game isn’t coming to his shytbox
Black peoples don’t need to be in this game cuz shyt would’ve went bad real quick cuz I’m :huhldup: at the way slaves there are treated

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah and @MeachTheMonster tryna act fake outraged at being no black people there is fukking unhinged xbot saltiness.
He dead ass being :sadcam: nikkas not being branded :dead:
When in reality its really because the game isn’t coming to his shytbox
Black peoples don’t need to be in this game cuz shyt would’ve went bad real quick cuz I’m :huhldup: at the way slaves there are treated

He thinks we don’t see through his act, thats why he’s bumping the performance thread at the same time :russ: