Final fantasy has a Medievil approach to diversity(too many black people=Bad)

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A term I've constantly heard white people use to discern the difference between the word ending with ga or ger. It's one of those they want to say the word too so ga is an affectionate term of endearment while ger is a hateful slur. It's tiptoeing to the line without saying it.
Ok, I know it from the movie industry where hard pg-13/hard R means it pushes the rating to its limit

Tair

Superstar
Daps
Now I see why they didn't put Black people in it.

I didn't understand SE's game, and now I do. I ain't even mad at them for it.

:hubie:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
After playing this, them not putting black people in at all is super whack. It probably could have been one of the most impactful FF games to date if they would have consulted black people and used black characters in parallel with bearers

Anyone of the "main characters" could have been black.

They had characters as close to black as possible but made sure to make them have prominent white features.

People talking about it they glad it didn't have black people because it deals with slavery and hatred are tripping. :scust:

Y'all being ok with them erasing black people from the game in order to avoid someone taking something the wrong way is wild.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
After playing this, them not putting black people in at all is super whack. It probably could have been one of the most impactful FF games to date if they would have consulted black people and used black characters in parallel with bearers

They had characters as close to black as possible but made sure to make them have prominent white features.

People talking about it they glad it didn't have black people because it deals with slavery and hatred are tripping. :scust:

Y'all being ok with them erasing black people from the game in order to avoid someone taking something the wrong way is wild.

I've mentioned before that I've always thought creating a 100% cacc'd out fantasy world was the creator being lazy or just straight up :mjpls:

White authors can acknowledge POC in their fictional medieval worlds without being weird about it. Authors of the popular Malazan books did it fine and in Joe Abercrombie's The First Law series one of his books even takes place in a setting that's an analog to North Africa. One thing I like about him is that even though his realm is mostly human races he doesn't shy away from his cac characters being racist. In his recent trilogy he even explored the MAGA mindset with one of his POV characters.

Paradoxx

All Star
Daps

I've mentioned before that I've always thought creating a 100% cacc'd out fantasy world was the creator being lazy or just straight up :mjpls:

White authors can acknowledge POC in their fictional medieval worlds without being weird about it. Authors of the popular Malazan books did it fine and in Joe Abercrombie's The First Law series one of his books even takes place in a setting that's an analog to North Africa. One thing I like about him is that even though his realm is mostly human races he doesn't shy away from his cac characters being racist. In his recent trilogy he even explored the MAGA mindset with one of his POV characters.
Y’all have got to stop asking, no begging non black game developers to put black characters in their games. Especially the Japanese, knowing their infinite circle jerk with white people. It’s really pathetic to watch.

:francis:

I wish we could have more black main characters in a lot of games but i had to realize that you can’t ask non blacks to do that for you. Though we should support companies that do take that extra mile like capcom with street fighter 6..

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Y’all have got to stop asking, no begging non black game developers to put black characters in their games. Especially the Japanese, knowing their infinite circle jerk with white people. It’s really pathetic to watch.

I wish we could have more black main characters in a lot of games but i had to realize that you can’t ask non blacks to do that for you. Though we should support companies that do take that extra mile like capcom with street fighter 6..

:unimpressed: I'm not asking or begging for anything. I used to world build as a hobby and I'm just pointing out these creators making these big fantasy worlds are choosing to be narrow and bland for dubious reasons and they can do better, I don't care where they're from.

Shinichiro Watanabe has been directing anime since the 90s and here's what he had to say about adding diversity to his work:

I paid a lot of attention to skin color. Also to using multiple languages. Lots of times when you watch anime, the characters all have white skin — all the characters in fantasy stories all have white skin, which I never liked. I wanted to have lots of characters in Bebop without white skin, and if people weren't used to that, well, maybe it would even make them think a little bit about it...

This video does a better job explaining on how I feel about this entire matter.

Last edited:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

You sound broken. :francis:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Ehh.. I kind of disagree with this line here. Why does everything involving black people have to deal with some sort of slavery or oppression? I mean black people could've been in the game but to automatically equate black people with them being the "bearers" is kind of miserable.

They could've just simply existed as they're own kingdom like Dalimil or just been regular citizens of which some are bearers.

Them just being the "nigg3rs" of Final Fantasy wouldn't be all that dope as you might think it would be. Black people shouldn't always be associated with struggle, slavery, and oppression. If it's not a specific game based on a real world historical period somewhere then this need not apply. I just found Dalimil not having a nikka in sight was weird as it's hot as hell and ain't no white people just gonna be living in deserts unless they displaced people there over some time.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ehh.. I kind of disagree with this line here. Why does everything involving black people have to deal with some sort of slavery or oppression? I mean black people could've been in the game but to automatically equate black people with them being the "bearers" is kind of miserable.

They could've just simply existed as they're own kingdom like Dalimil or just been regular citizens of which some are bearers.

Them just being the "nigg3rs" of Final Fantasy wouldn't be all that dope as you might think it would be. Black people shouldn't always be associated with struggle, slavery, and oppression. If it's not a specific game based on a real world historical period somewhere then this need not apply.
You're right it doesn't have to, I only phrase it like this because they mention on how they wanted a "realistic" take on things. So instead of just erasing black people just have the parallel. *They* are already doing their best to erase black history from schools and books here in the US, so a major franchise like FF completely omitting black people in this day and age talking about realism when some of the things you do in this game are far beyond that concern...
Cid, jill or whoever being black along with that would have been a bold move. (you know they weren't about to let clive be black)

Or they could have just made a random number of NPC black. After playing the game it just seems like a Bold and direct choice with intent to not include black people.

Paradoxx

All Star
Daps
:unimpressed: I'm not asking or begging for anything. I used to world build as a hobby and I'm just pointing out these creators making these big fantasy worlds are choosing to be narrow and bland for dubious reasons and they can do better, I don't care where they're from.

Shinichiro Watanabe has been directing anime since the 90s and here's what he had to say about adding diversity to his work:

This video does a better job explaining on how I feel about this entire matter.

You’re blatantly begging”why can’t black people be in the game” I don’t care about the video because regardless if you like world building or this that, it’s a Japanese developer. You shouldnt be getting upset
You sound broken. :francis:
Coming from a man begging and crying for a group that’s looks nothing like him to include them in their games. It’s called being realistic, I’m sorry to hurt your feelings and telling you that non black people don’t care about you.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
You’re blatantly begging”why can’t black people be in the game” I don’t care about the video because regardless if you like world building or this that, it’s a Japanese developer. You shouldnt be getting upset

No, I'm not upset. They can go on to white wash their made up worlds however they want but they know it doesn't have to be that way which is why I quoted Watanabe. I'm criticizing the reasons of why they say they can't or won't do it or when they do choose do it they do it disrespectfully which is what the video I posted was mostly about.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Coming from a man begging and crying for a group that’s looks nothing like him to include them in their games. It’s called being realistic, I’m sorry to hurt your feelings and telling you that non black people don’t care about you.
My only contribution to this topic is that you sound broken.
:umad:

Ole, don’t demand better fake ass militant. :francis: