Final fantasy has a Medievil approach to diversity(too many black people=Bad)

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Not having black people wasn't the problem, you can make a game with a predominantly white cast if you want, you can make one with all black folks, or all asians if you want.
But you can't have it both ways, Dude clearly is ripping off other cultures in the mythos of this fictional world, while at the same time acting like it would be illogical to include the people of those cultures, thats where he fukked up.
be like black panther having black people playing bag pipes while acting at the same time like scottish people didn't exist in the movie.
That person is just being in obtuse.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With the amount of racists in gaming culture I'm sure he'd be fine. ***** and Reddit don't exist in a vacuum
Well you also have gaming outlets like polygon, Kotaku, IGN, Gamespot, etc.

I also don't think he was specifying black people. In a homogeneous country like Japan, I don't think they even have a term like "People of Color" and don't even think black folks are the sole people they think about if asked about that term. You have other darker skin minorities in Asia which come with their own prejudices within that region.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Well you also have gaming outlets like polygon, Kotaku, IGN, Gamespot, etc.

I also don't think he was specifying black people. In a homogeneous country like Japan, I don't think they even have a term like "People of Color" and don't even think black folks are the sole people they think about if asked about that term. You have other darker skin minorities in Asia which come with their own prejudices within that region.
That would be fine and dandy if all of the people in the game were Japanese and not European. There's a very distinct difference between having a game in your country where only your people live and making a game take place in another country in a fictional world mind you where other people lived.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That would be fine and dandy if all of the people in the game were Japanese and not European. There's a very distinct difference between having a game in your country where only your people live and making a game take place in another country in a fictional world mind you where other people lived.
They wanted to make it in Europe with white folks :yeshrug:

It's medieval Europe filtered through the eyes of the Japanese. Hollywood does the same thing with other cultures.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
FF has always written black characters in a cheesy/corny manner. I’d rather they didn’t
You don't like your eco terrorist black men that yells all the time is mad aggressive and has a arm gun for a weapon?

Or the overly nice black dude with a afro that happens to be a chocobo birdnesting too?

:mjlol:

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
You don't like your eco terrorist black men that yells all the time is mad aggressive and has a arm gun for a weapon?

Or the overly nice black dude with a afro that happens to be a chocobo birdnesting too?

:mjlol:
bro I really wish they would have had at least 1 or 2 black writers on the team because the character background for them is soooo atrocious

shyt even akira toyima wrote better black men and that's not including piccolo :mjlol: :mjgrin: