Final fantasy has a Medievil approach to diversity(too many black people=Bad)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The world is also conspicuous for its ethnic homogeneity, which producer Naoki Yoshida has explained as a reflection of the "geographical, technological, and geopolitical constraints" of medieval Europe. Leaving aside the fact that there were Black and brown people in medieval Europe, this justification rings hollow given that several locations take open inspiration from north Africa and the Middle East, with towns that, for example, riff on Islamic architectural traditions and attire, but are predominantly or exclusively populated by anglophone white people (I hedge, here, simply because I haven't been around and talked to everybody). I find the deletion of people of colour from these spaces more sinister than the racial stereotypes of older Final Fantasies, particularly in a game that wants to talk about overcoming structural injustice and bringing people together. That "togetherness" is worth fighting for, but it's characterised here by what it excludes.

Play Cac Fantasy brehs. :scust:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:mjlol: There’s black people in halo?
Not having black people wasn't the problem, you can make a game with a predominantly white cast if you want, you can make one with all black folks, or all asians if you want.
But you can't have it both ways, Dude clearly is ripping off other cultures in the mythos of this fictional world, while at the same time acting like it would be illogical to include the people of those cultures, thats where he fukked up.
be like black panther having black people playing bag pipes while acting at the same time like scottish people didn't exist in the movie.

Last edited:

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
And yall wonder why I give you MK hating anime loving Final Fantasy playing MFs the side eye. Everything I be saying about the weebs holds true.

@Neuromancer look at this shyt. It all makes sense. Only c00nS love this weird ass shyt. MFs pandering and "staying true" to some shyt linked to racism.

Daps
Not having black people wasn't the problem, you can make a game with a predominantly white cast if you want, you can make one with all black folks, or all asians if you want.
But you can't have it both ways, Dude clearly is ripping off other cultures in the mythos of this fictional world, while at the same time acting like it would be illogical to include the people of those cultures, thats where he fukked up.
black panther didn't have black people playing bag pipes while actng at the same time that scottish people didn't exist in the movie.
Square just dropped a game with a lead, black, female… you nikkas wasn’t bumping that tho :mjlol:

Fake ass outrage lol

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Square just dropped a game with a lead, black, female… you nikkas wasn’t bumping that tho :mjlol:

Fake ass outrage lol
I'm not boycotting the game though, i'm aware that they have had diveristy in alot of their games,
Just felt like that was a stupid reason that dev gave is all. The complaint is valid, but as long as he not actively trying to make a game that indoctrinates players into hating black people its not that big of deal. just insensitive i would say.